Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Corbyn Suspended by Labour Over Discrimination Report

For those not following closely, Jeremy Corbyn's Labour Party was found guilty of unlawful discrimination by a UK government body charged with enforcing anti-discrimination laws and that Corbyn's office was complicit.

The Labour Party has suspended Jeremy Corbyn after he insisted he was “not part of the problem” over the handling of anti-Semitism in the party.
    A Labour Party spokesman said: “In light of his comments made today and his failure to retract them subsequently, the Labour Party has suspended Jeremy Corbyn pending investigation.

“He has also had the whip removed from the Parliamentary Labour Party.”
    Sir Kier Starmer came under pressure to expel his predecessor after the Equality and Human Rights Commission found the party was responsible for unlawful acts of harassment and discrimination.
    The EHRC’s interim chairwoman Caroline Waters said there had been “inexcusable” failures which “appeared to be a result of a lack of willingness to tackle anti-Semitism rather than an inability to do so”.

The official report by the UK's anti-discrimination agency is 130 pages long and can be found here. Less than 100 complaints were investigated out of thousands of reported incidents.

The Leftist reckoning with class reductionists has been a long time coming. Leftists coalitions of this century will be more diverse. They need to embrace that diversity if they want to be successful
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Yeah, this is clearly bullshit. But hey, liberals like you can rejoice that the UK has no big leftwing party left!

Just goes to show much you and the rest of the right hates the poor, by going as far as making up this sort of bullshit about Corbyn. What is it about anything left of Reagan or Thatcher that gets you guys all in a hiffy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch-Angel of Riots View Post
    Someone criticizing human rights violations by Israel should not mean this person is an anti-semite.

I really can't comment much more on what else Corbyn might've done wrong or mishandled, but Israel should not abuse 'wokeness' to hide their own transgressions behind. And the few times I did investigate these anti-semitism accusations it basically boiled down to Corbyn criticizing war crimes by Israel...
    Corbyn hardly did anything wrong beside from being left-wing, which goes against what modern Labour stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Yeah, this is clearly bullshit. But hey, liberals like you can rejoice that the UK has no big leftwing party left!

Just goes to show much you and the rest of the right hates the poor, by going as far as making up this sort of bullshit about Corbyn.
    i mean its not bullshit. The labour party is a bourgeois party that is institutionally racist like all capitalist institutions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    i mean its not bullshit. The labour party is a bourgeois party that is institutionally racist like all capitalist institutions.
    I mean sure, but this is about Corbyn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thousands of Labour anti-Semitism incidents from 2016-2019, only 15 expulsions.

The people charged with investigating and disciplining Labour Party members in anti-Semitism cases started to have mental health breakdowns because they were unable to do their jobs thanks to obstruction by Corbyn's office.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Thousands of Labour anti-Semitism incidents from 2016-2019, only 15 expulsions.

The people charged with investigating and disciplining Labour Party members in anti-Semitism cases started to have mental health breakdowns because they were unable to do their jobs thanks to obstruction by Corbyn's office.
    And then we found out those against Corbyn where mostly bullshit, it was fun how that went.

Won't stop you though. Have fun with your """"Ironic""""" anarchist avatar.

The report speaks for itself and Corbyn's comments leave little choice for Starmer.

Hopefully the Labour party can now completely rid itself of the racists who have aligned themselves with it over the last few years move on to being a party that can seriously challenge the Tories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The report speaks for itself and Corbyn's comments leave little choice for Starmer.

Hopefully the Labour party can now completely rid itself of the racists who have aligned themselves with it over the last few years move on to being a party that can seriously challenge the Tories.
    What a fucking joke, I saw the comments, nothing about them was racist. But hey, its obvious you prefer the blairite right-wing over the labour party actually supporting the working(labour) class instead of helping the rich get richer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    I mean sure, but this is about Corbyn.
    What a fucking joke, I saw the comments, nothing about them was racist. But hey, its obvious you prefer the blairite right-wing over the labour party actually supporting the working(labour) class instead of helping the rich get richer.
    Are you serious here?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The EHRC report is quite clear that anti-Semitism was not dealt with consistently or effectively under Corbyn.

The fact that you see no problem with the report and continue to dismiss the issues of racism as some sort of conspiracy speak volumes about you.

I really have no interest entertaining your defence of racism or your childish, ill-informed sixth form politics.

Anti-Semitism is fucking despicable.

Criticizing the Israeli government is not Anti-Semitic. There is a very clear distinction that should be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Who yesterday ran down a grift economy worker.
    I heard that Starmer signalled left but lurched to the right at the last moment!

But seriously what does a traffic incident have to do with an investigation into anti-Semitism? So why bring this up?

Isn't this one of the big reasons Labour keeps getting crushed in elections over there?

Not too familiar with UK politics, but this antisemitism is something I've heard brought up a lot in regards to Labour.

Dunno just think there is a sad irony that the labour leader is running down low wage workers in his car while clearly taking advantage of some conservative fueled take over of the labour party. Really shows the core values of the party have been retained, no, polished to perfection over the years
    Is there? Starmer had a minor traffic accident - which will be dealt with by insurers and, if need be, the police - it has nothing to with the EHRC's report and it is telling that you bring this up.

I'm not sure which core values you are alluding to but EHRC was set up by Labour to combat the kind discrimination that had become imbedded within the Labour Party under Corbyn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Isn't this one of the big reasons Labour keeps getting crushed in elections over there?

Not too familiar with UK politics, but this antisemitism is something I've heard brought up a lot in regards to Labour.
    The reports against Corbyn turned out to be fake, done by blairites to get him out. Which, yes, is a big reason they lost the lost ellection. Labour killed itself on purpose to get Corbyn out of the leadership, and now its an excuse to get rid of him. Reason is that he is left of centre, which does not fit into the blairite labour.

Why they did not just the lib dems will always be a mystery.

- - - Updated - - -

Dunno just think there is a sad irony that the labour leader is running down low wage workers in his car while clearly taking advantage of some conservative fueled take over of the labour party. Really shows the core values of the party have been retained, no, polished to perfection over the years
    Getting your own party to lose an important election just you can get rid of the remaining leftwing elements of a party really shows that.

Criticising the Israeli Government is not anti-semitic. However, the Labour party does have issues regarding anti-semitism, though it is not exclusive to them and is also commonplace in the Tory Party. That said, the goal for the last few years was to smear Corbyn specifically.

This was the easiest way to do it. Should he have done better? Sure. Does that mean he's solely responsible? Of course not. Is anti-semitism still an issue amongst political parties? Yes. As is Islamophobia, something the Tory Party promised to produce a report on alongside an investigation.

Spoiler alert. The investigation never happened. There's a lot of hypocrisy at play. Because it's politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skipping through the general stuff, this is the best summation of what character of things they considered "anti-semitic" in nature;

Quote Originally Posted by Article, p. 31
    The unwanted conduct complained of in this group related to social mediacomments that:
    • diminished the scale or significance of the Holocaust
    • expressed support for Hitler or the Nazis
    • compared Israelis to Hitler or the Nazis
    • described a ‘witch hunt’ in the Labour Party, or said that complaints had
    been manufactured by the ‘Israel lobby’
    • referenced conspiracies about the Rothschilds and Jewish power and
    control over financial or other institutions
    • blamed Jewish people for the ‘antisemitism crisis’ in the Labour Party
    • blamed Jewish people generally for actions of the state of Israel
    • used ‘Zio’ as an antisemitic term, and
    • accused British Jews of greater loyalty to Israel than Britain.
    If that's the kind of stuff we're talking about, yeah, that's all antisemitic horse crap, save for the bit in red which I have a problem with. Israel should not be given a free pass to commit genocide and war crimes just because they're a Jewish ethnostate. Such policies should be condemned and opposed no matter what country is enacting them, or what their ethnicity may be. Is it racist against Chinese people to condemn their putting Uighurs in re-education camps? Or is that strictly about national policy and conduct, completely irrespective of the race or ethnicity of those perpetrating the policy? The key difference, to me, is whether you're comparing Israeli politicians or policies to Nazis, or if you're suggesting it's somehow integral to their ethnicity and only emerges in Israel because of how it's controlled by its Jewish population. The latter, obviously, being antisemitic as fuuuuck.

To put it another way, is it racist against Germanic peoples to point out that Hitler and Goebbels and the like were Nazis, and pushing Nazi policies? Or are we talking about those individual people and their individual choices and political record, independent of their ethnicity? It's entirely possible to level criticisms against Israeli politicians and policies that have nothing at all to do with their Jewishness. Though I think any such comments risk being interpreted that way unless you take pains to explain the distinction, as I'm trying to do here.

The distinction between attacking something that happens to be Israeli, or attacking something for being Israeli, to put it in a third way.

I also have a bit of an issue with the idea that claiming the accusations are "smears" is also anti-semitic, since that seems like begging the question. But if it's a case where they said something like the above, and are trying to claim it's not antisemitic, well, yeah. It was. Not understanding that is why we know you're an anti-semite.

I suggest that those you feel hard done-by by the EHRC report listen to Luciana Berger - who suffered anti-Semitic abuse within the Labour party - has to say.

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1321801117928402946

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Skipping through the general stuff, this is the best summation of what character of things they considered "anti-semitic" in nature;

If that's the kind of stuff we're talking about, yeah, that's all antisemitic horse crap, save for the bit in red which I have a problem with. Israel should not be given a free pass to commit genocide and war crimes just because they're a Jewish ethnostate. Such policies should be condemned and opposed no matter what country is enacting them, or what their ethnicity may be. Is it racist against Chinese people to condemn their putting Uighurs in re-education camps? Or is that strictly about national policy and conduct, completely irrespective of the race or ethnicity of those perpetrating the policy? The key difference, to me, is whether you're comparing Israeli politicians or policies to Nazis, or if you're suggesting it's somehow integral to their ethnicity and only emerges in Israel because of how it's controlled by its Jewish population. The latter, obviously, being antisemitic as fuuuuck.

To put it another way, is it racist against Germanic peoples to point out that Hitler and Goebbels and the like were Nazis, and pushing Nazi policies? Or are we talking about those individual people and their individual choices and political record, independent of their ethnicity? It's entirely possible to level criticisms against Israeli politicians and policies that have nothing at all to do with their Jewishness. Though I think any such comments risk being interpreted that way unless you take pains to explain the distinction, as I'm trying to do here.

The distinction between attacking something that happens to be Israeli, or attacking something for being Israeli, to put it in a third way.

I also have a bit of an issue with the idea that claiming the accusations are "smears" is also anti-semitic, since that seems like begging the question. But if it's a case where they said something like the above, and are trying to claim it's not antisemitic, well, yeah. It was. Not understanding that is why we know you're an anti-semite.
    Corbyn did not do anything listed in those bulletpoints. Although its true this was pretty much a witch hunt against him.