Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinictus View Post
    What kind of country do you live in where you can't just book/cancel leave at short notice?
    You know that country doesn't matter as much as the job he is having right now? There are few jobs that have seriously strict schedule, for example the ones connected to the Health Service. Especially now, in the pandemic state.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Perhaps you should be aware that there are positions which don't allow such flexibility. I mean, if you are a mr. nobody that can be replaced by another mr. nobody within an hour then I guess your argument works. But some people have jobs which require you to book your vacations days some time in advance, for example if you're part of a big project or work with people who depend on you. Crazy, I know.
    Sometimes I think that big part of this forum is made of unemployment people/teenagers/ones who don't have actually any knowledge about other jobs than theirs.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-10-29 at 03:06 PM.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Now I am sitting here alone and have nothing to do.

Thanks a lot, Blizzard !
    Give Hades a shot instead, imagine you're playing a better version of Torghast.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Thanks a lot, Blizzard !
    imagine wow being the only thing you have going for you, lol. people used the phrase "get a life" way to much that it lost its meaning, but i think this is the right time to say it.

What kind of country do you live in where you can't just book/cancel leave at short notice?
    Country has nothing to do with it for some people. I'm unionized and we have to have all vacation requests due by the end of March for the year. I personally have next week off (just happened to coincide with SL release, originally took it to enjoy Blizzcon before that cancellation), and I have no choice but to stick with it because the rest of the year is already booked through, and we cannot carry over.

Quote Originally Posted by dispatchcrab View Post
    Do you work in video games? or in any tech company. Cause I can tell you right here at Disney we have sped up since we all went to working remotly and are ahead of schedule on the films im currently working on, due to the office being in London most of us have to comute 3 hours a day and we all have been using this time as work instead its been a great thing for many creative company's. With zoom and teams etc you are pretty much in the same room anyway.

You are a troll.
    Oh really? Nice garbage PM too BTW. Have you noticed the slew of games that have been delayedsice the Pandemic took hold. Dozens, not to mention the delay of movies, and production delays of movies and TV. Just because you haven't seen it and your company did things differently doesn't mean it is the norm.

I mean seriously, after seeing delay after delay, I wouldn't have wasted Vacation specifically for a release of an entertainment product. The was going to be a good chance of it being delayed the moment Blizzard announced they were working remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    imagine wow being the only thing you have going for you, lol. people used the phrase "get a life" way to much that it lost its meaning, but i think this is the right time to say it.
    What are you going out to do with your life during this global pandemic? I'm sure as hell not travelling to be quarantined for 2 weeks afterwards because my country is at least attempting to take it seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    At least you haven't died with your lungs looking like swiss cheese.
    Neither has 99.9% of the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dispatchcrab View Post
    Do you work in video games? or in any tech company. Cause I can tell you right here at Disney we have sped up since we all went to working remotly and are ahead of schedule on the films im currently working on, due to the office being in London most of us have to comute 3 hours a day and we all have been using this time as work instead its been a great thing for many creative company's. With zoom and teams etc you are pretty much in the same room anyway.

You are a troll.
    What are you doing in Disney, doing tech, here in London? You working at ILM or something?

Also are you aware that you're being exploited and/or possibly even breaking labour laws? See the bolded bit. That's not okay dude. Your commute is your time. Not the company's time. You aren't paid for that. You're doing 3 hours extra free work for no pay every day.

So basically you're doing mild crunchtime for free, without compensation of any kind, because your company and/or boss are unethical and possibly breaking the law by letting you do that, or even encouraging you to do that. Instead of working a 35-hour week, you're working a 50-hour week.

That's why you're getting more work done. You're working 40% longer hours! (42.85% to be precise) Yeah if I worked 10 hours a day instead of 7, I'd get more done, even with lockdown! It's amazing that you didn't see this! And do you get 40% more work done? I bet you aren't. I bet you're getting more like 20% more work done, if that. So you're working 40%+ more hours, to get 20% more work done. And you're still being paid the same, only you have to also pay to heat your house all day, and you lose any other benefits working in the office was giving you, and you may even be having use your own equipment.

TLDR: Dude is claiming he "gets more work done" in lockdown and hasn't noticed it's because his company is working him 40% (!!!) more hours for no more pay. He thinks everyone else should work free extra hours too, it seems.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2020-10-29 at 03:27 PM.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Neither has 99.9% of the country.
    Now take into account the ones contracting it and then developing long-term symptoms, or the people losing their livelihood, or people losing loved ones.

And there's not just 1 country on this planet, fyi. The pandemic has affected the entire world in so many ways besides death, yet people like the OP bitch and whine about inane things like a vacation day to play a game. Disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This was what I immediately wondered...but only after 33 posts somebody is asking this very obvious question

The second thing I wondered when looking at OPs name was "Oh, that guy actually still plays WoW after pretty much criticising (to use a tame word) ANYTHING in the current, past and future game"

He is also pretty active on the forum https://www.mmo-champion.com/search....rchid=65741097 - hardly takes a day off, so how could he have missed the delay?

Oh wait..maybe he didn't and this is a nicely working bait topic
    I'd be inclined to say that your deduction is correct.

I've been on vacation all week from it, will be taking another week when the new date gets announced. I do realize I'm lucky though, not everyone gets that type of flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Taking vacation days for game. Lmao. I bet you were so proud of yourself couple weeks ago.

Whats wrong with taking time off to do something you enjoy? Imagine taking time off to comment on a post just to be toxic trash.

Imagine taking this post seriously and getting your knickers in a twist over it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Now take into account the ones contracting it and then developing long-term symptoms, or the people losing their livelihood, or people losing loved ones.

And there's not just 1 country on this planet, fyi. The pandemic has affected the entire world in so many ways besides death, yet people like the OP bitch and whine about inane things like a vacation day to play a game. Disgusting.
    What's the whole point? People die therefore you are not allowed to have and complain about your problems? Very interesting take.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Thanks a lot, Blizzard !
    You only took a single day? Proper way is to go for at least 2 weeks. Fuckin amateur

^^ This. Almsot every major event getting cancelled/postponed left and right, so don't expect video games to be any different. Just make the best out of this situation and relax.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    have you thought about playing a good game?

I have a strong feeling that you don't exactly understand work very well It depends mostly on your line of work, less on your country. Guess you haven't had many jobs

Blizzard fucked up big time.

I have no idea why they came out with a release date at the end of September when they probably knew that they would delay it anyway.
    It was like a 2 week difference between the announcement and the delay.

What they should have done is shut up, the pre-order said "by December" anyway but at least without an exact date people could avoid this situation.
    I bet those who took vacation days off will try to take them off again at the actual release date but now these days are wasted basically.

Oh and they also could add in the pre-patch stuff already.

You know you take the vacation day after release. We all know how well release days go...

Thanks a lot, Blizzard!
    Just stop crying, grow up. They gave you more than enough time to cancel your PTO. I put in two weeks of PTO as well, when they said it was delayed, I canceled my time. No big deal. Not like most of us can even use it with Covid-19 anyway, I'm over 240 hours with nothing to use it on.

They needed to delay it, I was in alpha from the first week and alpha was a hot mess, beta being equally as bad. I leveled up several toons, and the number of bugs even a week before the delay was laughable.