Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Biden is still around +8.9/9 in the polls. No tightening of note so far on a national level.

1. Arizona +3.5
    2. Florida +2.1
    3. Georgia +1.7
    4. Iowa +1.6
    5. Nevada +6.3
    6. North Carolina +2.3
    5. Pennsylvania +5.2
    6. Texas -1.0

Make no mistake, this is a tight election. Voting still needs to be off the charts to prevent ratfucking. 77 million have voted so far.
    The fact that there are still 40 million mail-in ballots outstanding according to your graphic is worrying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Of course it's not working, the Democrats can simply point back to trump and his supporters, and fucking laugh in their faces.
    Indeed. Trump is crying wolf while his children howl to the moon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Is this what you want MMO-C?
    But muh taxes!

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    The fact that there are still 40 million mail-in ballots outstanding according to your graphic is worrying.
    A lot of those very well may have decided to vote in person after all the post office shennigans and GOP lawsuits happened. In a lot of states this is very doable you either present your absentee ballot or you vote provisional and they just verify they did not get the mail in ballot and your in person vote works.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    A lot of those very well may have decided to vote in person after all the post office shennigans and GOP lawsuits happened. In a lot of states this is very doable you either present your absentee ballot or you vote provisional and they just verify they did not get the mail in ballot and your in person vote works.
    Absolutely, but 40 million worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Impeaching him is too hard. Expanding the court to balance things back out is the correct answer.
    They can remove Kavanaugh already legally when they get power if they have the balls. He committed perjury during his own confirmation hearing. That is punishable by up to 5 years in prison. So long as they hit him before the statue of limitations expire, they can remove him.

But expanding the courts should go along with it as well since we can't do anything about Gorsuch or Barret, one of which has no place being there depending on which McConnell policy you follow.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    They can remove Kavanaugh already legally when they get power if they have the balls. He committed perjury during his own confirmation hearing. That is punishable by up to 5 years in prison. So long as they hit him before the statue of limitations expire, they can remove him.

But expanding the courts should go along with it as well since we can't do anything about Gorsuch or Barret, one of which has no place being there depending on which McConnell policy you follow.
    In any normal situation she would have disqualified herself by claiming to be an originalist but being completely unable to name the freedoms listed in the Constitution.

In any normal situation she would have disqualified herself by claiming to be an originalist but being completely unable to name the freedoms listed in the Constitution.
    Originalist is the new Vitamin Water.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Originalist is the new Vitamin Water.
    Think I'm going to give that Netflix series a miss.

True, but she hasn't broken any laws so they can't remove her for that, Kavanaugh did break the law and he did so on live stream for the world so see and record and can face up to 5 years in prison for it. Just because the Republicans refused to hold him accountable and blocked the FBI from doing so, doesn't mean he can't be held accountable after they lose the ability to protect him.

With Barret, the only way I can see to remove her would be to get into her withholding her religious affiliation when she first became a judge which I see as a bit of a stretch.

I would also have them look into the federal society and the methods they use to create their lists because they don't really have qualified applicants for many of the positions filled. I would change the rules so that all nominations must be rated as qualified by a non-paritisan board like the barr association. I would also go with term limits.

I still am a supporter of the Sanders method where they rotate supreme court justices annually from the lower courts at random and no justice can see any case put on the docket while they are in.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Is this what you want MMO-C?
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    But muh taxes!
    I get the feeling that most of the people upset by this are people that wouldn't be affected by it. I mean, yeah, there might be the occasional auto plant worker who feels for his boss who now makes slightly less than ten times what he does, but most of it is of course Trump's lies and people immediately accepting them at face value despite 5 years of evidence.

No, Biden is not raising your taxes if you make under $400,000

No, it won't affect 82% of Americans.

No, it won't raise taxes on a family making $75,000

No, it's not the largest tax increase in history (still the tariffs)

No, it won't tax you 40% for selling your house.

No, it won't affect your 401k

No, it won't...wait, yes it will try to put some of that Death Tax back, specifically on physical investments. But Trump hasn't been saying that part.

But other than that one bit that nobody seems to care about, basically everything Trump, Trump's family, or Trump's followers have said about Biden's tax plna would be refuted by 30 seconds of reading it. That's above and beyond the hypocrisy of Trump not only giving himself and his rich friends a massive tax cut that didn't affect the average American much, if at all, even before he fought for that he still wasn't paying taxes anyhow.

Trump cultists see Biden stutter: 'He has dementia, he should be in a home is mental issues are dangerous and is health deteriorating!!!!""""""

Trump cultists see Trump mispronounce words, struggle reading, gain weight, cannot walk down a ramp, get covid, forget what he's saying in the middle of a sentence and wear a spray on tan: "He's the picture of physical and metal health and is a super hero!!!!"
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

https://thehill.com/regulation/court...ials-objection

After being reminded about existing laws, Kavanaugh updates his opinion but does not change his position. Pathetic. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    It will be either Trump or Harris.

That Biden guy, I saw his last performance he needs a nursing home.
    I give him a few more years when he can chill in his chair in peace, as president a few months at best.
    I love that you Trumpsters keep pushing this bullshit, when your guy was yelling at clouds in the first debate.

"I'm not a trump supporter."

Sorry, I'm heading off that bullshit argument right now.

I still enjoy that Republican Senators could find the time to speedrun a SCOTUS confirmation in a month, but can't find any time over the past 4 months to work on an aid package with Democrats before the election.

Remember: McConnell got ACB on the SCOTUS and then peaced the fuck out until after the election. He's done his job, which was to pack the court. He apparently doesn't view that it's his job to help the American people, including his constituents in Kentucky, when they're suffering during a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://thehill.com/regulation/court...ials-objection

After being reminded about existing laws, Kavanaugh updates his opinion but does not change his position. Pathetic. Sad.
    there gonna steal the election 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I still enjoy that Republican Senators could find the time to speedrun a SCOTUS confirmation in a month, but can't find any time over the past 4 months to work on an aid package with Democrats before the election.

Remember: McConnell got ACB on the SCOTUS and then peaced the fuck out until after the election. He's done his job, which was to pack the court. He apparently doesn't view that it's his job to help the American people, including his constituents in Kentucky, when they're suffering during a pandemic.
    Speaking of - https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/29/coro...o-mnuchin.html

Democrats are still trying to negotiate. Senate Republicans went home.

- - - Updated - - -

"What decade is he living in? What century is he living in? So completely removed from the realities of life. And that has caused death," Pelosi said during a press conference in the Capitol.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5...hat-century-is

Speaking of out of touch idiots, Pelosi is calling out Trump for still thinking this is the 1950's where the MAN of the house worked and the woman stayed home. Ignoring that both parents are increasingly working because a single salary isn't enough for a family for millions of Americans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    there gonna steal the election 100%
    I wouldn't want to be the judge that says "Yeah we're just gonna ignore the votes" in today's environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wisconsin GOP says hackers stole $2.3 million from account meant to help Trump

Oh, damn, y'all, GOP got hacked, oh noes, someone should to something, help.

Joe Biden is polling ahead in Wisconsin, which is a vital battle ground state in November's election. Although Trump won Wisconsin in 2016, Biden is currently favored to win the state in FiveThirtyEight's latest forecast.

“There’s no doubt RPW is now at a disadvantage with that money being gone,” Hitt told the AP, adding that the GOP needs funds to make quick decisions late in the race.

The state's Republican Party first noticed suspicious activity last Thursday and has contacted the FBI, per AP.

Hackers manipulated invoices from four vendors who were sending direct mail for Trump’s reelection campaign, alongside merchandise like pro-Trump hats.
    Hitt said that the invoices were altered so that hackers received the money instead of the vendors after the GOP paid up.
    "Wait, are you cheering on the thieves?"

Heavens to Betsies, no! I actually had another comparison in mind.

1) Guy in computer shop claims to have worked on Hunter Biden's computer, claims to have gone through what must be thousands of emails and texts, claims to have found damning evidence, claims to have given them to the FBI (the FBI has done nothing either way), claims to have given them to Giuliani who has not released them.

and

2) Guy at pro-Trump group claims to have been hacked, calls FBI immediately, and does not involve a non-govt non-law-enforcement person in any way.

Which of these stories do you believe has an actual crime in it? And what kind of stupid password is maga2020!

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...iness-n1245182

Both Congress and the State Department's inspector general have been investigating potential misuse of government resources by Mike Pompeo and his wife.

The emails show that Susan Pompeo routinely gives instructions to State Department officials from her personal email address about everything from travel plans and restaurant reservations to the elite Madison Dinners that NBC News reported on in May.

Many involve routine matters like logistics and scheduling for official events that would involve coordination with the secretary's spouse in any administration. But other requests, such as seeking assistance with planning a multiday visit for an elite group of young executives from Kansas, appear to be less directly connected to advancing the State Department's core mission.

They include maintenance requests for the house the Pompeos rent on a Washington-area military base, which Susan Pompeo appears to be routing through the State Department's Diplomatic Security Service. Emails show special agents from the service's Secretary of State Protective Division updating Susan Pompeo about repairs to the HVAC system in 2018 and to the porch and stairs in 2019.

"The dryer isn't hooked up. ... I think you told me someone was coming to fix that?" Susan Pompeo said via text message to a State Department official, whose name is redacted, in September 2018. "Ma'am – On it, I was told it was fixed. Let me get you an answer," the official responded by email hours later.

To be sure, there are legitimate reasons that Diplomatic Security officials, whose mandate includes protecting the secretary, might be kept in the loop about workers who need access to his home. But Pompeo's unusual housing arrangement, in which he rents military housing normally reserved for flag officers for an undisclosed amount, has raised questions before.
    Huh, so Pompeo is mixing work and pleasure, again, having his wife boss around State Department staff on non-official matters, and is getting his son into State Department events. Fitting, given that the Trump administration seems packed with peoples kids in all kinds of positions. Nepotism is great!