Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So they went for a four week delay in the end? Seems a little short and the date is an odd one to choose with Thanksgiving, Black Friday and such. So either they're hoping Thanksgiving in some way gives them some reduction on the amount of people playing if something goes bad at launch or they are damn sure this is going to be a step up from the pre-patch and prior expansion launches. I'm doubtful though.

Crying about the release date after crying over not having one just to cry about a holiday that's nonexistent due to a pandemic lol I really dont understand this place

I called it!

I said for ages either End of Nov or Start of Dec!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    May be hard for science denier-type people to accept, but if you don't have COVID you can't spread COVID. If you don't leave your house a week or two before Thanksgiving, you can't have COVID.

Pretty simple stuff.
    You think whole family’s aren’t going to leave the house for two weeks so they can get together for thanks giving? That seems incredibly unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have just pushed it to January. There wouldn't be any holidays to get in the way. I know this won't specifically affect me, but this is bad for the world first race. If the raid launches Dec 8th, then a week later mythic releases. That means that world first guilds, assuming it goes 2 or more weeks, will have to decide between Christmas and world first. This is just poor timing, especially in America because we have back to back major holidays within a month of each other. I was really hoping they would push it back, but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    LOL @ All the people who claimed Blizzard wouldn't release it during a holiday.
    To be honest I'm surprised. Depending on the holiday I can see like the smaller ones, but usually Thanksgiving / Christmas tends to take people away from work more and towards family/home relaxing. It'll be interesting to see how launch week goes (not just the first day, but all week) and how much staff they keep on hand. Sure they'll be home working, but I can't see many devs willingly wanting to work on a holiday to hotfix things for those playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    THanksgiving? wtf is that? god damn 'Muricans thinking everything is about them XD
    Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but in this case the developers are located in the US and it is a US holiday. It will definitely have some sort of impact. How much? We won't know until that week hits, but it'd be unrealistic to think it doesn't have an effect. Yeah the rest of the world doesn't celebrate it, but if there are any game breaking bugs or anything they'll be impacted for sure and be subjected to when the devs get it and by taking a couple days off won't help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Great release date, the week of Thanksgiving, which means time off to game, and with COVID this year, no family gatherings.
    Except there will be family gatherings. Majority of the world is pretty much past the point of limiting social gatherings and stuff. There's a lot more to it, that diving into will cause a crap storm of issues, but yeah there will be family gatherings in a lot of places.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    nah this one is the real deal. first one obviously they realised it wasn't going to be ready but there is no way they would've put out this release date were they not 100% sure it was gonna be ready
    There's always a chance they could still delay it. Hasn't Cyberpunk been delayed like 5 times now? [Note: I don't know the actual number, just keep seeing snippets here and there]

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Gonna be very interesting to see the quarterly report as a result of this!

That must mean the Scourge-event should start momentarily?? Although, not sure I trust the new date just yet... 2020 gon' 2020.
    The dates were listed in the main post.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

• November 10 - Pre-expansion launch events begin
    • November 23 - Expansion launch.
    • December 8 - Castle Nathria release and Shadowlands Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Only, it isn't.

Europe + Russia and China says hi. US is not the biggest playerbase, and that means that to most WoW players, Thanksgiving is a non-issue.
    The problem isn't the biggest playerbase and Thanksgiving being a non-issue. The problem is that it is a US holiday where the developers are located. It will definitely have an impact and be an issue. If there is an issue with the game it will affect world wide. So just because a country doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving doesn't mean there won't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    they have not done a single update to the maw since the delay lol
    Correction, they haven't done an update that has been pushed to Beta yet. Remember the developers are usually 3-4 builds ahead of what PTR/Beta builds we see. For all we know they already have it almost done and haven't released it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    Crying about the release date after crying over not having one just to cry about a holiday that's nonexistent due to a pandemic lol I really dont understand this place
    Pandemic's don't make holidays go away. People still celebrate them and will still gather. Heck we saw tons of people gathering for Fourth of July.

Is blizzard fucking retarded? Over thanksgiving? what the actual fuck

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    Noooo

Ofcourse it comes out on the day AC VAlhala comes out ffs
    But Valhalla will be released on November 10th? So you'll have a whole 2 weeks to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I'm pretty sure their largest audience is the USA. Even if it wasn't, Thanksgiving is a big holiday and this is going to sorely impact sales.
    Covid is already nuking large Thanksgiving events from orbit, or at least it should for anyone with half a braincell. The rest of the world doesn't celebrate it. Trust me, that does not translate into so many lost sales at all, especially since this is an MMO and most players can handle missing out a few days. It'll mean fewer players come launch maybe- hardly dramatic.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Noice I had that entire week off of work anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyw View Post
    THanksgiving? wtf is that? god damn 'Muricans thinking everything is about them XD
    It's not about 'muricans in general... It's that the devs are 'muricans and if major issues arise when they're on holiday every region is fucked. "XD"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You think whole family’s aren’t going to leave the house for two weeks so they can get together for thanks giving? That seems incredibly unlikely.
    I wouldn't say everyone is, that's a bit extreme, but people are 100% doing just that. I have family and friends who went grocery shopping and stocked up for multiple weeks and are fortunate enough to work from home. Their plan is to stay secluded in their homes for the next two weeks to assure that they don't have covid prior to thanksgiving.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    So they went for a four week delay in the end? Seems a little short and the date is an odd one to choose with Thanksgiving, Black Friday and such. So either they're hoping Thanksgiving in some way gives them some reduction on the amount of people playing if something goes bad at launch or they are damn sure this is going to be a step up from the pre-patch and prior expansion launches. I'm doubtful though.
    Americans celebrate thanksgiving. The rest of the world doesn't. Maybe they remembered that WoW isn't US only?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Is blizzard fucking retarded? Over thanksgiving? what the actual fuck
    You have a good reason to stay home, what with covid and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I agree with Blizzard on the wisdom of the new date. =/

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    My birthday is the 22nd, thanks blizz!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    You have a good reason to stay home, what with covid and all.
    You don't make excuses to avoid family man. This is like the one holiday moms everywhere actually give a fuck about.

This is absolutely boneheaded by blizzard

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    Is there a prepatch mount reward on the PTR yet?
    the event is absent from PTR by now for some weeks already. if the event IS redesigned we know nothing of changes until and unless it reappears for another test. unless it changes: a pet is in the quartermaster's list, but not a mount.
    the achievement for solving the questline doesnt include a mount either, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    "im not gonna play shadowlands at all because its released date is at thanksgiving"

wut ? Think you quote the wrong guy...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    Americans celebrate thanksgiving. The rest of the world doesn't. Maybe they remembered that WoW isn't US only?
    The developers celebrate Thanksgiving. This is the important part.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD