7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, wasn't Jailer supposed to be some kind of a galactic brain schemer? Didn't he put a long con in motion and Nathrezim were his servants? But then again. N'zoth was also supposed to be smart guy.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

So...uhm...What happened to The Maw revamp? lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, wasn't Jailer supposed to be some kind of a galactic brain schemer? Didn't he put a long con in motion and Nathrezim were his servants? But then again. N'zoth was also supposed to be smart guy.
    Yes but even the best schemer can have unexpected setbacks(No wow pun intended) happen. The fact he's manipulated Azeroth and even the "Mighty Legion" shows how good he is, not that he is infallible. No being as we've seen by the Titans is infallible.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"we’ve used the time to further polish the expansion and shore up the endgame, including overhauling the combat and rewards in the Maw"

They did?! I mean, there's been some small tweaks, but... let's just say that I hope we're still to see that "overhaul" added to the Beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    As I predicted, Sylvanas seeks to create a utopian world where no one has to suffer, where "everything is fair". Kind of like Madara Uchiha from Naruto. However I'm smelling a potential betrayal from the Jailer, because he doesn't give a shit about those ideals. He just wants to consume everything. The Jailer will probably backstab her once she's outlived her usefulness. A fitting end for someone who has used everyone as pawns.
    Sylvanas will most likely betray the jailor. Not vice versa unless they ofc want to betray each other which bad guys tend to do.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He probably says it either to Anduin at the start or before we escape so this is microscopic level complaint. The whole
    "Nothing escapes the maw" is purely made to for a good end video line to sorta give us goosebumps. Obviously people escape the maw(That artifact of the first one was clearly not something he knew would let us escape.

Also lol @ Sylvanas wanting to control your own fate and how life and death isn't fair. Good grief she is a walking contradiction. News for you Banshee yes Life isn't fair and you aren't the only one who got bad luck or screwed over >_>
    Well, I guess she says that to Anduin while trying to convince him to join her and is lying, because she says 'We will tear it all down' in the next scene and that is consistent with Shadows Rising.
    On the other hand she might actually still be convinced that the Jailer agrees with her plans and is helping her achieve her goals. That would be stupid, but perfectly in line with everyone else the Jailer has "convinced" to join his side.

Looks like I'll be auto skipped that Tyrande Cutscene. What a boring character she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Uff, i can't wait for all the cinematics.
    "That the best you can do?" he mocks...

"Oh, little human..." Tyrande smiles.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    23rd, huh. That's a little concerning since their promised Maw Rework still has yet to be seen.

Guessing someone told them they have to launch the raid this year.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Saw this over on reddit, but one of N'Zoth's various quotes (from the Uu'nat enconter) is "When the arrow finds its mark, the last fetter will fall away."

Tyrande's arrow sure does find its mark in that cinematic, it seems...

(Though blasted Old God whispers are so infuriatingly vague by design it could mean any sort of thing)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Saw this over on reddit, but one of N'Zoth's various quotes (from the Uu'nat enconter) is "When the arrow finds its mark, the last fetter will fall away."

Tyrande's arrow sure does find its mark in that cinematic, it seems...

(Though blasted Old God whispers are so infuriatingly vague by design it could mean any sort of thing)
    Fetter is another way of saying chain so if it really means arrows hitting Nathanos possibly Sylvanas just has no attachments anymore.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    "That the best you can do?" he mocks...

"Oh, little human..." Tyrande smiles.
    Ew.. no, that's not at all what should happen.
    Made me puke inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fetter is another way of saying chain so if it really means arrows hitting Nathanos possibly Sylvanas just has no attachments anymore.
    I mean it could also be chains on the Jailer and Tyrande isn't the Arrow it's talking about yet.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    23rd, huh. That's a little concerning since their promised Maw Rework still has yet to be seen.

We need stop hyping ourselves for max level zones, it always end like that. Open world solo stuff will always be trivial and serve as filler between doing meat of game - raids/dungeons/PVP (and let's hope Torghast will start trend for pernament solo challenge activity).

I was thinking about that but as things are Nathanos would just end up in the Maw anyway and be reunited, not like he just goes poof.

...right? I know the stuff involving killing him on the PTR was mostly encrypted but was there anything that indicated otherwise? I could certainly see the Night Warrior enabling Tyrande to actually like, totally annihilate him maybe. And that would be a fetter gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

I think players read too much into "maw rework". I imagine it was never more than changes to what rewards are available and how you get them. Remember that the problem was never that the Maw was a boring zone, the problme was that it was pointless after Torghast no longer needed keys.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Sylvanas will most likely betray the jailor. Not vice versa unless they ofc want to betray each other which bad guys tend to do.
    That's not happening. Blizzard already said Jailer is the main villain and central driving force of the expansion, and not Sylvanas.

Also, Sylvanas is in no position to betray him. Her powers are entirely borrowed from the Jailer. Without Jailer, she is nothing. And why would she betray him? She seems genuinely indoctrinated by the Jailer's promises of freedom.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

That's not happening. Blizzard already said Jailer is the main villain and central driving force of the expansion, and not Sylvanas.

Also, Sylvanas is in no position to betray him. Her powers are entirely borrowed from the Jailer. Without them, she is nothing.
    Indeed, Sylvanas is described as the Gul'dan, so 2nd raid fodder
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

7+ Year Old Account

Also, Sylvanas is in no position to betray him. Her powers are entirely borrowed from the Jailer. Without them, she is nothing.
    And Grom was supposed to be main WoD villain. I don't buy the pre-release main big bad reveal, any more.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And Grom was supposed to be main WoD villain. I don't buy the pre-release main big bad reveal, any more.
    Unless they pull the "The Arbiter was the evil one all along" card I don't see how they can build up a villain while also keeping up the farce that the Jailer is the villain.