Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up Gleen Greenwald Resigns from Intercept

Didn't see this coming. Looks like the Intercept just found itself $500k to support actual journalism. Mr. Greenwald posted his resignation on twitter.

My Resignation From The Intercept

The same trends of repression, censorship and ideological homogeneity plaguing the national press generally have engulfed the media outlet I co-founded, culminating in censorship of my own articles.

Hunter Biden conspiracies, the gift that keeps on giving.
    • Trump's Impeachment
    • Guiliani's pants
    • Tucker's lost mails
    • Greenwald's resignation

Glenn Greenwald has resigned from The Intercept to spend more time doing what he loves, shitposting for Donald J Trump.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Yet another snowflake crying about his feelings being more important than facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Yet another snowflake crying about his feelings being more important than facts.
    What exactly are the facts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    That all the Hunter Biden laptop shit is fake as hell and most likely created as a Russian disinformation campaign meant to sway the election.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    That the Hunter Biden story is absolute bullshit conspiracy theory garbage with as much validity as underpants gnomes in your walls stealing your underpants in the middle of the night.

great day for liberalism
    glenn greenwald cancelled
    AND jeremy corbyn?

heres hoping we can actually win with these illiberal people out of our circles

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    That the Hunter Biden story is absolute bullshit conspiracy theory garbage with as much validity as underpants gnomes in your walls stealing your underpants in the middle of the night.
    While I absolutely lean that way, I don't think it's been established as "fact" yet (though what we know of the entire situation seems to lean very heavily that way). What IS a fact, however, is that Joe Biden doesn't appear to be implicated in any of the "evidence" that's been made public--unless the charge is for being a father that loves his son--so the whole "Hunter Biden" thing is irrelevant as far as the Election is concerned.

Greenwald: "WAAAA WHY CAN'T I PUT WHATEVER LIES AND GARBAGE I WANT ON MY BOSSES DIME!? CENSORSHIP, DEEP STATE, LIBERAL AGENDA, WAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"
    Last edited by pathora44; 2020-10-29 at 08:02 PM.

mitt romneys son had business dealings in russia
    ok he was attacked by democrats for it
    but in hindsight can we even deny that mitt romney would of unequivocally been tougher on russia? this whole accusing people of being compromised because of their kids makes no sense, even though i could also bring up jared kushner selling visas to chinese millionaires in exchange for investment in trumps companies https://money.cnn.com/2017/05/06/new...ent/index.html , ivankas trademarks, trumps secret bank acount in china in which he paid more taxes to them than us. but again kids arae irrelevent ( well actually id argue trumps kids are because he actually HIRED THEM IN THE FUCKING GOVERNMEN, regardless this is just an old attempt to relive the "email" scandal of 2016 and media isnt buying it.

He’s a fucking jackass.

You'd think a "reporter" crying about censorship would actually go out and INVESTIGATE like an actual good reporter... but no. This shill gave up his principles to make money on Fox and the echo chamber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the Intercept is pushing back at Glem's account.

This is like watching two internet trolls throw scalding tea in each other's faces. I'm enjoying this a bit.
    Government Affiliated Snark

So.. is Hunter Biden's business partner testifying along with direct evidence just fake news? I don't think it's that big of a scandal that should effect the election considering it was mostly his son and not Joe, but it's still important news. It just seems scary that big tech and some in the media haven't seen any of the facts or evidence are trying to cover it up and shut down anyone covering it and say it's fake before they even know it's fake.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-10-29 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    So.. is Hunter Biden's business partner testifying along with direct evidence just fake news?
    Of what? WSJ and Fox have both reviewed all the documents that Bobulinksi or whatever provided and found there to be nothing related to Joe Biden in the slightest.

That media aren't treating a story with origins that are beyond questionable as credible isn't surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    So.. is Hunter Biden's business partner testifying along with direct evidence just fake news? I don't think it's that big of a scandal that should effect the election considering it was mostly his son and not Joe, but it's still important news. It just seems scary that big tech and some in the media haven't seen any of the facts or evidence are trying to cover it up and shut down anyone covering it and say it's fake before they even know it's fake.
    Is it scary that only weekly world news cover the antics of BatBoy? What is the media trying to hide? Why aren’t they reporting on BatBoy?

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Of what? WSJ and Fox have both reviewed all the documents that Bobulinksi or whatever provided and found there to be nothing related to Joe Biden in the slightest.

That media aren't treating a story with origins that are beyond questionable as credible isn't surprising.
    Greenjesus:
    I don't think it's that big of a scandal that should effect the election considering it was mostly his son and not Joe, but it's still important news.
    This is what I wrote after that. I kind of agree that it isn't really that big a deal considering Trump's family and what they probably have done over the years and in office. I just find it really strange how big tech like twitter can hold an account of a 200 year old newspaper suspended until they retract their story even though they had no proof that the story is fake. Why does twitter CEO have that kind of power?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-10-29 at 10:28 PM.

Greenjesus:

This is what I wrote after that. I kind of agree that it isn't really that big a deal considering Trump's family and what they probably have done over the years and in office. I just find it really strange how big tech like twitter can hold an account of a 200 year old newspaper suspended until they retract their story even though they had no proof that the story is fake. Why does twitter CEO have that kind of power?
    hmmmm https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securit...eluge-n1245387

only rubes fall for this shit

10+ Year Old Account
    I just find it really strange how big tech like twitter can hold an account of a 200 year old newspaper suspended until they retract their story even though they had no proof that the story is fake.
    Prove that big foot is fake... wtf? Prove that the Bat Boy article I posted above is fake...

Why does twitter CEO have that kind of power?
    Because it’s his fucking company... Why does Trump corporation have the power to charge the tax payer 3$ per glass of water, at Trump property? Because Trump owns that shit and sets the price...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

I just find it really strange how big tech like twitter can hold an account of a 200 year old newspaper suspended until they retract their story even though they had no proof that the story is fake. Why does twitter CEO have that kind of power?
    Because Twitter, while a publicly traded company, is a private platform and Jack Dorsey and other executives can run it however they want? And they have rules against sharing misinformation?

And 200+ year old newspaper? It is, but it's also a tabloid rag that's long, long, long since lost any prestige or real credibility that its age may have lent it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    hmmmm https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/securit...eluge-n1245387

only rubes fall for this shit
    It’s why people trying to blame Trump on some political bullshit or neoliberals, are way off base... neoliberals didn’t turn people into gullible rubes...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And 200+ year old newspaper? It is, but it's also a tabloid rag that's long, long, long since lost any prestige or real credibility that its age may have lent it.
    Was that a reference to the post? Anecdotal, but in NYC HS, we were not permitted to use the Post for current events projects, because it’s a tabloid. It’s the same thing as Trump... it’s like people are getting introduced to these NYC institutions, but lose all the context.