Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Retri viable dps in naxx?

So with all the UD mobs there and with tier 2.5 i was wondering if retri actually could be fairly decent dps in naxx?

Fairly decent as in better than before? Sure! Fairly decent as in compared to everyone else? Not at all

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Fairly decent as in better than before? Sure! Fairly decent as in compared to everyone else? Not at all
    Wasn't a cheese strat found for ridiculous dps by stacking paladins and priests a few tiers back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Wasn't a cheese strat found for ridiculous dps by stacking paladins and priests a few tiers back?
    I'm just speaking under normal circumstances, I'm sure there is a way. Idk if it's a private server thing but I'm pretty sure this is when shockadins come into play.

No. Whatever scaling you think you get will be dramatically outclassed by warriors, like usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    No. Whatever scaling you think you get will be dramatically outclassed by warriors, like usual.
    Bah! As always!

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyfuelcutter View Post
    So with all the UD mobs there and with tier 2.5 i was wondering if retri actually could be fairly decent dps in naxx?
    If fairly decent dps is below 50 % of a warrior then yes.

And with the buff to Hunters access to attack power buffs, the gap should continue to widen

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    Well fairly is not a bad word tho.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'll never understand people's obsession with the Ret Paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    They want to crusade!

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Well, it's like people's obsession with Classic. It's an old game without outdated game design and extremely poor class balance, but it scratches a very specific itch for them.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Ret was never meant to be a pure dps class. It's more of a support/dps class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Well, it's like people's obsession with Classic. It's an old game without outdated game design and extremely poor class balance, but it scratches a very specific itch for them.
    Not like that's a very good comparison, but people prefer Classic because it is the "old WoW" with many of the fundamental features that made the game become as popular as it became. A lot of them are far superior to what retail has replaced them with (imo), but things like class balance and such are of course god awful as it is the first iteration of the game before any sort of tweaks or balancing really came into effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxyfuelcutter View Post
    Your thread title and op body of text are quite different. Viable and "decent dps" are not the same thing really in this context. Can a guild clear naxx with a couple of ret pallies? Without a doubt - no question in my mind. Can Ret be competitive outside of niche scenarios where an entire guild comes together specifically to bolster the ret? No, not really. Estimate them to deal roughly 50% of a warriors dps.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Not like that's a very good comparison, but people prefer Classic because it is the "old WoW" with many of the fundamental features that made the game become as popular as it became. A lot of them are far superior to what retail has replaced them with (imo), but things like class balance and such are of course god awful as it is the first iteration of the game before any sort of tweaks or balancing really came into effect.
    its still god awful many expansions later.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    From what I understand their class balancing is based around something similar to rock, paper, scissors which makes the most sense. Having all classes equally the same is dull and boring. Some classes should excel at certain things more than others.

Not for the warrior wannabes.

This is all I wanted out of classic, and people were telling me "this time around, we have the maths!" as they flexed their meme builds, and lo and behold... they STILL sucked. Even the absolute highest parsing ret is incredibly far behind even mediocre "good" DPS classes.

TL;DR, ret is trash and will always be trash until wotlk at least. "But seal of blood during TB..." no. It was still garbage.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    This is all I wanted out of classic, and people were telling me "this time around, we have the maths!" as they flexed their meme builds, and lo and behold... they STILL sucked. Even the absolute highest parsing ret is incredibly far behind even mediocre "good" DPS classes.

TL;DR, ret is trash and will always be trash until wotlk at least. "But seal of blood during TB..." no. It was still garbage.
    Retribution did fine DPS in TBC though, at least if you were Horde.

I have no idea if it was truly optimal, but you absolutely have spots in your raid in TBC for a retribution paladin as Horde without it's possible replacement being leap years above the paladin and the buffs it brings. They didn't do rogue, hunter, or warlock DPS in TBC, but they were absolutely competitive or better than a lot of the other hybrids you could choose to bring. Obviously some hybrids are better, but having a paladin that jumps between all three roles depending on the encounter is pretty useful.

Again, not talking about Alliance, but retribution being trash in TBC isn't true.

You can absolutely clear everything in Vanilla with a retribution paladin on your roster. Whatever tickles your fancy, but I can't get into the mindset of wanting to play retribution at all in classic. You literally do trash DPS and you're a glorified auto attacker with barely any button inputs. Yeah, mages and locks press a single button, but I'd take that over gameplay that can be done by having your hands literally off your keyboard for extended periods of time.