Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Castle Nathria and Shadowlands Season 1 Go Live December 8

Castle Nathria and Shadowlands Season 1 Go Live December 8
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    In just a few weeks after the release of Shadowlands, Season 1 will begin and the gates of Castle Nathria will open as the expansion’s first raid experience.

Castle Nathria

Infiltrate the iron-barred walls of Castle Nathria, a 10-boss raid located in the shadowy realm of Revendreth. Face off against unfathomable horrors in a race to uncover a sinister plot and save these lands from a dark and twisted future.

Raid Unlock Schedule (North America):

• December 8 – Normal and Heroic difficulties
    • December 15 – Mythic Castle Nathria, Raid Finder Wing 1
    • January 5 – Raid Finder Wing 2
    • January 19 – Raid Finder Wing 3
    • February 2 – Raid Finder Wing 4

Shadowlands Season 1

Once the gates of Castle Nathria open on December 8, Shadowlands Season 1 will also begin which introduces a new seasonal affix in Mythic Keystone dungeons along with a new season of PvP action.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, this is confusing.

Ahh, I see the new release date now.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Is there actually a reason for LFR Wing 4 being time-gated for 2 months? I don't really see it, delaying it would make sense if Titanforging was still in the game and it would be required for people to farm it for upgrades. But Titanforging is gone and now it's just normal time-gating of content.
    It's mostly to motivate people to do at least normal a bit.

Is there actually a reason for LFR Wing 4 being time-gated for 2 months?
    To get another month of sub from casuals. Otherwise they'll see the content and unsub until 9.1 patch.

Any news about mythic plus rewards cap in first week?
    Weekly chest and end of dungeon reward level.

Awful date. Inconsiderate. They already delayed. Just go two more weeks. Level between the holidays/raid after.

This sucks for people wanting to spend time with their families, people who work around the holidays and blizzards own employees who will be overworked extinguishing launch fires the week of Thanksgiving. GG.

Is there actually a reason for LFR Wing 4 being time-gated for 2 months? I don't really see it, delaying it would make sense if Titanforging was still in the game and it would be required for people to farm it for upgrades. But Titanforging is gone and now it's just normal time-gating of content.
    Probably so that you don't kill the "final boss of the game" 30 minutes after reaching lvl 60.

I always thought it weird that we have to daily quests in an area for a month where we already killed the evil baddy in his castle 3 weeks ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    To get another month of sub from casuals. Otherwise they'll see the content and unsub until 9.1 patch.
    If I stay another month just to see the final wing of a raid in LFR I wasn't going to unsub anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    Awful date. Inconsiderate. They already delayed. Just go two more weeks. Level between the holidays/raid after.

This sucks for people wanting to spend time with their families, people who work around the holidays and blizzards own employees who will be overworked extinguishing launch fires the week of Thanksgiving. GG.
    this i can't believe they didn't wait at least 1 more week...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Why do Americans think only their country exists in the world? No other nation celebrates it apart from you, if a game is finally ready they will release it, not delay it by an extra week/2 weeks cos of a holiday in one country. Their employees would probably prefer it to be released then rather than closer to Christmas.

Newsflash, other countries exist.

They really went with the option that puts the first season right before christmas, yikes. Poor sods that have to stay over the holidays and have to fix the usually broken shit show that is 1st and 2nd ID mythic raiding.

i'm glad they pulled the trigger. at least we will have something new to do while being stuck at home for the holidays!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    So I guess they CAN release a raid mid december. Who knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Waiiiiiit I thought casuals carry the game. If they're unsubbed how are they carrying it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply incredible. They must be dumber than expired milk.

Mythic Nathria released December 15th. Merry Christmas.

Could people actually not be mongoloids and remind themselves that Corona is still a thing? If you plan to spend December / Holiday times all cuddly and snuggly with everyone in your family cramped into one house; then you are part of the reason why Corona wont f** off.

PSA: December is just a month like any other month. If a raid releases in December; it means jacks**t.
    Last edited by Knight Meta; 2020-10-29 at 08:19 PM.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    Could people actually not be mongoloids and remind themselves that Corona is still a thing? If you plan to spend December / Holiday times all cuddly and snuggly with everyone in your family cramped into one house; then you are part of the reason Corona wont f** off.

PSA: December is just a month like any other month. If a raid releases in December; it means jacks**t.
    Correct answer. Christmas here in the UK will most likely be under heavy restrictions anyway so no chance of seeing family and friends. Tbh, we'll be back in a full national lockdown if things keep going the way they are heading so raids releasing over the Christmas period isn't an issue (and shouldn't be even if there was no pandemic imo).
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

I don't get the issue. If everyone is celebrating Christmas with their loved ones, doesn't that mean basically everyone will start progressing, continuing the raid after your time with your family ended? Or are we projecting our own addiction onto Blizzard now because people cannot choose between raiding and family? oh and yea, pandemic says hi.

With everything thats happening in the world, I rather work than stay home do nothing, its not like I can go on holiday or family gatherings.