Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    "Somebody is going to judge those criminals, why not let the prejudiced cop do it?"

Courts don't work that way for a damn good reason.
    Except cops get away with that all the time. Maybe not the best example.

Quote Originally Posted by Inevitable Doom View Post
    All hail the arbiter. Let's purge ourselves of all individuality and serve.
    They don't lose individuality. They lose their memories, sure, but the Ascended still have personalities and free will.

- - - Updated - - -

Cops getting away with it kind of proves why they don't let the cops do it in the shadowlands.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    So you know the lore behind all the other infinite realms we haven't heard of yet too?
    They don't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    They don't lose individuality. They lose their memories, sure, but the Ascended still have personalities and free will.
    If you lose your memories, you lose your personality. Enjoy your weird cult.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why?
    Because you don't want a biased individual having full control over what fate awaits you?

The Arbiter judges the souls, that is her job.
    She is the neutral unit capable of peering into ever single moment of your life in order sort you into your suited afterlife.

A Kyrians job is to get said souls to her.
    Nothing more, nothing less.

Formerly known as Arafal

Nothing *made* Uther betray his duty but Uther.

I've known a fair few of people who live with trauma. Plenty of people in that situation can and have walked away from scenarios where they could have lashed out or "gotten even".

These people don't need a significant part of themselves erased, they need years of therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    I've not exactly been keeping up with Beta news but how are weird angels insisting you give up your memories a good guy? Like are they asking? Are they respecting No for an answer?

Because what little I've seen consists of an angel counseling some innate with doubts to "have faith" or something. That doesn't sound like respecting people's concerns.

I'm really concerned because this seems to be the only "good" afterlife, save for one that seems to be most be for nature spirits and the like. Do all good people have to live in a place with a pseudo-religious sounding devotion to abandoning your past?

I would love for someone to tell me I'm wildly misinterpreting limited information and its actually X.
    Akunda did this too. Join me, be released from your pain, because you won't even remember it. Or anyone else you used to know.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Akunda was the Thunder Lizard and he only took memories he was asked to take by the person in question. It was the weird cult guy who imprisoned him who was stealing people's memories.

They don't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're saying the Shadowlands are flat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Yes, they are on both. You'll get sent back to Oribos for re-assignment if Bastion doesn't work for you.

As for why the wipe: Because they're supposed to be impartial, and that's rather hard when you might have personal attachments to the souls you are to collect.

And Uther also showed exactly why the wipe is necessary when he threw Arthas into the Maw.
    Glad we got it in just a few posts. No one is forced to do anythingm the forsworn are those that are on that path but failed, allegedly the arbiter sees everything u are and would thus know better than u if youd eventually be ok with it. It IS difficult and some souls take awhile to get there.

Afterlives is exactly why, imagine if a draenei had to ferry a soul of a person from a race of purple warlords with horns that say guz guz and wiped out a whole civilization.

And they said in an interview that the flaws in the sl are what we are going to be fixing. Im personally hoping they decide the forsworn, since they cant ascend can choose to take refuge on azeroth
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

No, that makes it an even better example, because it shows why such extreme measures may well be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    Nothing *made* Uther betray his duty but Uther.

I've known a fair few of people who live with trauma. Plenty of people in that situation can and have walked away from scenarios where they could have lashed out or "gotten even".

These people don't need a significant part of themselves erased, they need years of therapy.
    And if we could choose to erase memories of trauma many would. Yes uther could use therapy but therapy doesnt fix ppl it helps them, and if u play the storyline the problem isnt that he had those memories the problem is he purged most of them and only had the bad ones left and davos ascended him. The ritual allegedly worked 100% of the time but she created a feedback loop by casting the ritual with the wrong components. If frostmourne hadnt wounded his soul he probably would have moved on before anything bad happened
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

The Kyrians mantra is that you must forget your past attachments to free themselves from bias. As the primary agents of the shadowlands to ferry souls, they must be devoid of any bias and attachment that may influence or divate them from their purpose.

After you go through the questline the Archon is deeply saddened by Devos betrayal and vows to discuss a reform of sorts to address some of the issues within the Kryian Covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    And if we could choose to erase memories of trauma many would. Yes uther could use therapy but therapy doesnt fix ppl it helps them, and if u play the storyline the problem isnt that he had those memories the problem is he purged most of them and only had the bad ones left and davos ascended him. The ritual allegedly worked 100% of the time but she created a feedback loop by casting the ritual with the wrong components. If frostmourne hadnt wounded his soul he probably would have moved on before anything bad happened
    You're too stuck on negative experiences. They're supposed to be impartial, not just not cowboy cops. They're not supposed to give preferential to people either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    The Kyrians mantra is that you must forget your past attachments to free themselves from bias. As the primary agents of the shadowlands to ferry souls, they must be devoid of any bias and attachment that may influence or divate them from their purpose.
    And based on everything we know about biases, the Kyrians actually have it right.

They don't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

There isnt any proof of that in the real world let alone warcraft. Ppls mental nuances and hormones have an effect.

If u are against cults u should learn more about them. U are ignoring the part where they prey on at risk individuals, gaslight them into thinking they are the only ppl the individual is safe around, and warning them about thinking for themselves.

The scarlet crusade is a cult. These are jist robots helping ppl and wanting to do it fairly and not forcing anyone to do anything

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Cops getting away with it kind of proves why they don't let the cops do it in the shadowlands.
    Yea its weird how ppl try to act like ppl in sl are being enslaved when its clear that 3/4 of the known covenants keep your memories.

Maybe ppl are ok with ardenweld cus they just like furries?

- - - Updated - - -

No, that makes it an even better example, because it shows why such extreme measures may well be justified.
    And remember what ion said, death is almost unheard of except for the battles maladraxxas wages, your future here in the sl is a life u will live for thousands, millions of years, thats why thry dont care that much about your past other than how it affects your soul, what is 20 or 80 or even thousands of years next to an eon

All hail the arbiter. Let's purge ourselves of all individuality and serve.
    This seems to be the overall theme of death, service and sacrifice of individuality. Personally feeling like not joining a covenant at all if I had the option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? What was wrong with punishing Arthas?
    Nothing in theory, but it's more that it's not Uther's job to be judge, jury and executioner. If the machinery of the Shadowlands was working that's up to the Arbiter.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    After you go through the questline the Archon is deeply saddened by Devos betrayal and vows to discuss a reform of sorts to address some of the issues within the Kryian Covenant.
    How about they admit that the whole Shadowlands are a prison and that the Mawsworn, despite being extremists, are making a point about the self-righteous attitude of the Kyrian. From what I've seen, they are unapologetic about their ways and prefer to demonize the "Paragons of Doubt" of the Mawsworn.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    This seems to be the overall theme of death, service and sacrifice of individuality. Personally feeling like not joining a covenant at all if I had the option.
    None of the (shown) covenants sacrifices individuality. The Kyrians sacrifice their identity, they still get to stay individuals.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    We're only seeing 5 "main" afterlives that are part of the functions of the greater part of the Shadowlands as a whole.

There are thousands, possibly millions of afterlives that the Arbiter sends you to, but we're only seeing 5 with minor dips into the other like going to The Other Side as a dungeon, ect. ect.

You know, I'm thinking the Other Side might be something like troll heaven, so it's not really something creepy, other than the fact that Hakkar and Mueh'zala are there.
    I'd perfer going to the after I die, but there are infinite realms so idk?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    You know, I'm thinking the Other Side might be something like troll heaven, so it's not really something creepy, other than the fact that Hakkar and Mueh'zala are there.
    I'd perfer going to the after I die, but there are infinite realms so idk?
    You want to go to the place where your soul gets eaten?