Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    At least WoW has an option to not loop music. In FFXIV, it’s all on a continuous loop. It never. Fucking. Stops.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Well OP, you tried.
    Every single thread in this forum gets trolls by a percentage of at least 30% of messages. If you think being trolled here is proof that the feature is bad then: literally wat.
    Also before dismissing this ask yourself if you like listening to your capital city's music 100 times a day and if you accept listening to the music of a random zone more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Not even close. The point is that you want to listen to music and you want it to be done automatically but not excessively (especially with hub zones).

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. The point is to play the actual game's zone music automatically and correctly (not whatever the user wants randomly).
    How is it not even close? You press ctrl+m when you wanna hear music and press it again when youre done.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You can in fact get currently played sound file.

https://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=205889

You can also stop the music from playing

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/API_StopMusic

And you get the date information

https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/API_date

With those 3 you should be able to create an addon that plays certain music only once a day.

I myself wish there was a feature where I could pick specific tracks to play depending on which zones I'm in, but only when I enter those zones from a certain direction, and only in the afternoon, I don't like listening to music in the morning, and if I'm in a capital city it should play for an extended 3 minutes, but anywhere else it should fade out after the first 4 minutes, and the feature should also give me a massage if I reenter a zone more than 2 times on the same day, and it would be nice if it walked my dog at least once a day as well. Does anyone else agree? Blizzard, please implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I myself wish there was a feature where I could pick specific tracks to play depending on which zones I'm in, but only when I enter those zones from a certain direction, and only in the afternoon, I don't like listening to music in the morning, and if I'm in a capital city it should play for an extended 3 minutes, but anywhere else it should fade out after the first 4 minutes, and the feature should also give me a massage if I reenter a zone more than 2 times on the same day, and it would be nice if it walked my dog at least once a day as well. Does anyone else agree? Blizzard, please implement.
    No coffee making? no like and subscribe!
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

3+ Year Old Account
    Every single thread in this forum gets trolls by a percentage of at least 30% of messages. If you think being trolled here is proof that the feature is bad then: literally wat.
    Also before dismissing this ask yourself if you like listening to your capital city's music 100 times a day and if you accept listening to the music of a random zone more.
    I hardly ever have the music on to begin with so I could care less.

My friend, more than 30% of the replies on this thread have been the same or similar sentiment as "turn off the music with a quick keybind as you need or turn off looping music." Not that I'm trying to delegitimize your issue, there isn't anything wrong with wanting [very] minor quality of life improvements, but if you are incapable of seeing this topic's overall insignificance then you're lacking perspective.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You must be joking. Do you ever visit the same hub like Orgrimmar and have its music play 150 times and day which is fine music but not 150 times a day (it would be great hearing the music once a day).
    After my initial playthrough on one character, I never have the music playing at all. I have the ability to control the music that is playing in my ears already as do you. This is literally a non-issue. The equivalent of someone complaining that the sun is out when they can simply close the blinds if they want it to be dark

I get this that you want a specific way to play in game music, but with thousands of people playing the game is impossible to have a feature for every bob and henry.

You want to play music once a day, James wants to play music twice a day, Samantha prefers music to be repeated 3 times a day, Jerry wouldn't mind having 3 of his favourite tracks play randomly in major hubs, Steve would be delighted to if music plays only when he enters combat, Henry likes the music how it is but would prefer if it had different sound levels depending on his mood...

Sure, I want all of these options too, but let's be realistic here, devs can't spend resource to please everyone, and your suggestion doesn't sound like something a lot of people are longing for. Sorry.

well, there is possibly MILLIONS of players going in and out of capitals 100 times a day, just like you, for years. you are the first one asking for something other than the different mute commands. I have the control over what I'm listening to while playing. just like you... you ask for a feature that only you need. you are calling trolls people pointing out this is a non issue... so I guess you'll use the mute commands, or deal with the music each time you enter orgrimmar. have fun

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    well, there is possibly MILLIONS of players going in and out of capitals 100 times a day, just like you, for years. you are the first one asking for something other than the different mute command
    I don't get the argument "you are the first". I may bring something original that people didn't think much yet.
    I'm pretty sure tons of people love the music of zones like Howling Fjord but hate the repeat of Capitals.

I may bring something original that people didn't think much yet.
    Original is not necessarily useful or practical.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Original is not necessarily useful or practical.
    It's very useful and practical. Tons of people love the music of zones like Howling Fjord. The same people find it obnoxious to listen to their capital's music 100 times a day so they completely mute it.

...man you must hate most video games period

It's very useful and practical. Tons of people love the music of zones like Howling Fjord. The same people find it obnoxious to listen to their capital's music 100 times a day so they completely mute it.
    Well, then mute it and be done. Too complicated for you?
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...man you must hate most video games period
    This is not a regular video game. Many of us are at it for hours for weeks.
    A capital city's music easily becomes obnoxious and leads to the mute.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Well, then mute it and be done. Too complicated for you?
    Did you read the OP message? This is not about being able to mute.
    This is about LISTENING to zone music but only once daily.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing since start with music on and on loop.
    I can dream those, gives me alot of immersion, love em.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Listen to it once and then mute it.

Too complicated for you?
    -Voltaire
    winning

A capital city's music easily becomes obnoxious and leads to the mute
    ..ive played a LOT of JRPGs for hours and weeks and kinda lived it. "Heartbreak Heartache" has been stuck in my head for the last 2 months.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

What you've failed to explain, though, is why this need to be something Blizzard do for you, even though it's extremely peculiar and specific, and not something a modder should do. You've even had how such a mod could work explained to you.

Can you explain why this needs to be a built-in feature, not a mod?

Also, you keep shouting that you don't want to use mute, but it seems like 95% of the problem you have here is with the main capital city, no? So maybe just ctrl+m when you enter the capital, ctrl+m when you leave? Bind it to something easier if you have to.

I sympathize that a lot of the capital music is repetitive, but you're just not making a good case for why this needs to be something the devs work on.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."