Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Blitzer is a twat machine. He perpetually peddles the 'both sides' nonsense. I like Bash because she's their straight journalist. She just does stuff.

I like Tapper and Cuomo precisely because they insert their voice. The left needs people like that.

Sidenote, Joe Scarborough on NBC was trying really hard to suck Trump's cock with the GDP result. Weird considering their history.
    I cannot bring myself to watch MSNBC, I feel dirty every time I see it. Oddly enough, I actually like Maddow, even though she's about as far from me politically, as one can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I cannot bring myself to watch MSNBC, I feel dirty every time I see it. Oddly enough, I actually like Maddow, even though she's about as far from me politically, as one can get.
    How can you watch prison documentaries for 18 hours a day? Unless their format changed the last few years, that’s what I remember MSNBC being, most of the time.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I love Hallie Jackson. I can watch her eat peanut butter all day, and it would be fine.

As for election coverage, I highly recommend CNN. They may be a shit news channel, but their Election Day coverage is top notch. John King is still the best at delivering nuanced and informative coverage of all things related to an election.
    But CNN still has Wolf Blitzer on Election Nights. Who is a shitshow.

And who constantly mispronounces the word "project" as "preject," which as many of you may know, is not a word.

But yeah, I usually stick with CNN on election night. Haven't watched NBC since 2000 when they called Florida for Bush early and then had to take it back, just because Fox did.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the real problem with CNN is at the top, and not those in front of the camera (except for Blitzer, fuck that dude).
    Yeah, Jeff Zucker has essentially made CNN the TMZ of news. They report on literally everything, including baseless bullshit, and then "temper" it by saying, "Now, should we really believe this?" when the damage is done by reporting the misinformation to begin with and giving it air to breathe and legitimacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post

Sidenote, Joe Scarborough on NBC was trying really hard to suck Trump's cock with the GDP result. Weird considering their history.
    Joe Scarborough is a Republican. He always has been. He's been dis-enamored of them since the Tea Party, but he's still conservative.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Joe Scarborough is a Republican. He always has been. He's been dis-enamored of them since the Tea Party, but he's still conservative.
    Explains why he has zero self respect.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    But CNN still has Wolf Blitzer on Election Nights. Who is a shitshow.

And who constantly mispronounces the word "project" as "preject," which as many of you may know, is not a word.

But yeah, I usually stick with CNN on election night. Haven't watched NBC since 2000 when they called Florida for Bush early and then had to take it back, just because Fox did.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Jeff Zucker has essentially made CNN the TMZ of news. They report on literally everything, including baseless bullshit, and then "temper" it by saying, "Now, should we really believe this?" when the damage is done by reporting the misinformation to begin with and giving it air to breathe and legitimacy.

- - - Updated - - -

Luckily, John King makes up for Wolf Blitzer. That guy is the perfect "wonk" when it comes to providing a massive amount of information in a brief time, and making it easy to ingest.

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/st...88099703758850
    https://twitter.com/rp_griffin/statu...45299733893120
    See, this is why you can't infer much about how early voting from party alone. In Florida, Ds currently have only a 2-point edge (D 40/R 38/I 22) in early + absentee voting. But if the partisan splits are as below, it would translate to Biden being ahead 56-39 with those voters.
    Early vote statistics have been plentiful this cycle. As always, there's some uncertainty in interpretation. Some think there could be a disproportionate # of Biden voters among those registered as Inds/Reps. Data from @DemocracyFund+@UCLA Nationscape suggests that this is true.
    Big if true!

Kamala is making a big final push in Texas. If she manages to tilt the scale there just enough she will go down as one of the best VP picks in history. I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Kamala is making a big final push in Texas. If she manages to tilt the scale there just enough she will go down as one of the best VP picks in history. I believe.
    Flipping the state would be amazing, but it's not what I expect. I expect this move to intentionally troll Trump and force him to redirect his attention, time, and money from other locations to Texas just so he doesn't lose the state.

He has two choices, both bad.
    1) Spend funds, time, and other limited assets, or
    2) Do nothing, and hope that the Texas changes to polling locations etc. doesn't work against him.

Trump is a piece of #2 so I expect that to be his choice, but it's very risky. Texas went out of their way to fuck early voting hard. Consequence? Long lines Tuesday. And right now, especially with COVID death rates in Texas effectively leading the nation, Biden supporters are more motivated than Trump supporters. Meaning, if both see a long line, Biden supporters will be more likely to stand in it.

Trump has put himself in a situation where he only has bad choices left. He can and very well should still carry the state, but he either has to work for it, or hope for the best.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2020-10-30 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Flipping the state would be amazing, but it's not what I expect. I expect this move to intentionally troll Trump and force him to redirect his attention, time, and money from other locations to Texas just so he doesn't lose the state.
    What money? I don't think Trump can afford to be in Texas right now.

Its probably worth sending her to help flip as many down ballot stuff as possible. Even if they can't win the the vote for biden turning larger chunks of their state reps/legislature blue going into a map redrawing year could be huge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    What money?.
    I mean, I don't have a running tally but the campaign probably has something left. Or a PAC might help. Or Trump could donate to his own campaign and spend theheheeheeheee HAHAHAHAHHA MUAHHAHAHAHA almost got through that one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    Its probably worth sending her to help flip as many down ballot stuff as possible. Even if they can't win the the vote for biden turning larger chunks of their state reps/legislature blue going into a map redrawing year could be huge.
    What if Harris "kills" Cruz? Wait, is Cruz even running?

(checks news)

Aww

This is pretty fantastic even though it's not likely to favor Biden ultimately. The more people voting the better the chances of some down-ballot flipping.

More than 9 million Texans have cast ballots so far, surpassing the state's total votes cast in 2016

The number of voters who cast ballots in the Texas early voting period this year has now surpassed the total number of people who voted in all of 2016.

Through Thursday, 9,009,850 have voted so far this year, with one day of early voting left. That amounts to 53% of registered voters. In 2016, 8,969,226 Texans cast a ballot in the presidential race. Texas has added 1.8 million registered voters since the 2016 election, and overall percentage turnout is still below 2016's turnout of 59.4%.
    EDIT: Also, McSally is currently acting like a woman in an abusive relationship, telling people "Oh that's just how he is...that's just Trump being Trump" after he shat on her at an Arizona rally the other day.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-10-30 at 03:25 PM.

I mean, I don't have a running tally but the campaign probably has something left. Or a PAC might help. Or Trump could donate to his own campaign and spend theheheeheeheee HAHAHAHAHHA MUAHHAHAHAHA almost got through that one.
    Didn't he just cancel his ad buys in FL? There's no way they invest in TX if they can't invest in FL.

Interesting how the odds are even further away than the polls.

Biden needs to win the electoral college and despite leading in that too i think a lot of work will be done by reps behind the scenes.

There are going to be some surprises with Trump for sure.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...s-calls-433637

Mike Pence, who is supposedly the "head" of the covid-19 task force, hasn't bothered to join any planning calls for a month.

This administration doesn't care if you live or die. These people do not care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Starting to feel pretty excited about Election day. I hope everyone's doing their best to get as many people to vote as possible. This administration deserves to be absolutely crushed for the hundreds of thousands of deaths they've caused by their incompetence and inaction.
    Crushed.

And then Biden better have the guts to investigate and prosecute these fucks. None of this Fordian pardon bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...s-calls-433637

Mike Pence, who is supposedly the "head" of the covid-19 task force, hasn't bothered to join any planning calls for a month.

This administration doesn't care if you live or die. These people do not care.
    Their given strategy right now is "herd immunity" which is code for "do nothing and let the virus run its course." Mark Meadows basically admitted that they've given up on it.

They do not care.
    Putin khuliyo

It's still amazing to me that Texas is as close as it is. When/if it goes blue, I wonder how long it would take Republicans to finally start to consider the removal of the Electoral College... Would it be instantly, or would they maybe sleep on it and get back to us the next day?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's still amazing to me that Texas is as close as it is. When/if it goes blue, I wonder how long it would take Republicans to finally start to consider the removal of the Electoral College... Would it be instantly, or would they maybe sleep on it and get back to us the next day?
    Even if TX doesn't go blue, early votes in the metro areas are off the charts and will probably lead to the TX state house having more D than they were expecting.