Quote Originally Posted by Smash Adams View Post
    It really should scare the shit out of conservatives that Texas is even being discussed as a possibility of flipping. I’d still be absolutely stunned if it happened but it shouldn’t even be a question.

At this point, I’m becoming more and more convinced that the GOP as currently constructed won’t exist in twenty years. Even with four more years of Trump, the message being pushed further right is only going to do more harm.
    All depends on if they can succeed in cheating to victory this year, then they will try and change the rules further to advantage them as they have already proven they don't care about law and order or even the US Constitution and will pack the courts with sycophants who feel the same way. This is the closest thing to coupe on the national level we have ever had as a nation.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    As I’ve said I think Texas will still be a trump victory, even if it’s a lot closer than republicans would like.

As for Florida, I’m very hopeful Biden will take it but Florida’s governor is a major trump sycophant. I fully expect him to attempt to bend over backwards to try and effect a Trump victory, especially if the race is close. And even if that doesn’t end up working out in Trump’s favor, the challenges still might take time to resolve.
    The challenges are going to be both Yuge and Significant. The GOP is ready to go in most states to challenge votes. I understand that Biden has legal teams/peeps ready to go as well, but in this case, offense is better than defense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean, I don't have a running tally but the campaign probably has something left. Or a PAC might help. Or Trump could donate to his own campaign and spend theheheeheeheee HAHAHAHAHHA MUAHHAHAHAHA almost got through that one.

- - - Updated - - -

What if Harris "kills" Cruz? Wait, is Cruz even running?

(checks news)

Aww
    Cornyn is on the chopping block, going up against MJ Hegar. I think she's running a great campaign, hope she wins and splits TX in the Senate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    And Trump has canceled his election party.

I think he knows he's gonna lose.
    Link?
    /10char
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Cornyn is on the chopping block, going up against MJ Hegar. I think she's running a great campaign, hope she wins and splits TX in the Senate.
    She hasn't led any poll that I've seen so far but perhaps their internals are showing something else. Capturing that seat regardless of TX going Biden would be immense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    Link?
    /10char
    Not a biggie - they are moving it to the White House.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    At the same time, however, I don’t think trump really needs to be in Texas for him to ultimately win it.

The race for Texas will likely be a lot closer than republicans might like, but remember... they are VERY “in the moment” with their policy. If they aren’t being immediately punished or it, they’re not liable to care or think much on it. (It’s why they supported trump all this time, despite the fact that it has lead to a situation where theres a non-zero chance they could lose Texas.)

So long as trump holds texas and, even more so, if he holds the presidency... they aren’t going to learn or introspect jack shit. And while I certainly have high hopes that he’ll be defeated by Biden for the presidency, I’m fairly certain Texas’ entrenched redness will carry trump to victory in Texas itself, despite his apathy towards the state.
    Even if they lose, introspect, they don't learn. Remember the 2014 autopsy?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    When we're in the throes of election results coming in, can you keep reminding us of that? Seriously.
    I may or may not be very drunk on election night.

Trump winning again would mean America as we know it is over and I'll be immigrating elsewhere.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    SCOTUS rulings going back and forth on different states and when to count ballots can possibly be explained by a paragraph quote from Roberts in a ruling he penned.
    The distinction pressed by the chief justice was this: Federal courts should not change voting procedures enacted by state legislatures, and they also should not step in when state courts or agencies change those procedures.
    Adhering to state rules on the matter is a good choice to make overall, and most importantly, a consistent one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    I may or may not be very drunk on election night.

Trump winning again would mean America as we know it is over and I'll be immigrating elsewhere.
    Agreed. Let me know where you're headed, we can work on the paperwork together. Heads up - New Zealand is my first choice; classmate of mine actually immigrated there a few decades ago and now works for the government.

Stuff like this makes me think that may not be necessary though.

NBC/Marist poll of NC (among likely voters):

Biden 52%
    Trump 46%

Oct 25-28, +/- 4.7%

Among registered voters, it's Biden 51%, Trump 46%
    https://twitter.com/mmurraypolitics/...22064825180161

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    SCOTUS rulings going back and forth on different states and when to count ballots can possibly be explained by a paragraph quote from Roberts in a ruling he penned.

Adhering to state rules on the matter is a good choice to make overall, and most importantly, a consistent one.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. Let me know where you're headed, we can work on the paperwork together. Heads up - New Zealand is my first choice; classmate of mine actually immigrated there a few decades ago and now works for the government.
    My grandfather lives in Australia, but we'd prefer NZ as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The Trump administration and ICE are racist, hateful, deplorable, disgusting, repugnant, obscene, inhuman monsters.
    I'm no longer content with just abolishing ICE and prosecuting those responsible. They need to be made an example of.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's still amazing to me that Texas is as close as it is. When/if it goes blue, I wonder how long it would take Republicans to finally start to consider the removal of the Electoral College... Would it be instantly, or would they maybe sleep on it and get back to us the next day?
    Its great that the turnout in Texas has matched 2016. Texas has always had one of the lowest turnouts of any state.

That being said Trump won by almost 10 points so it would need a tremendous turn around for 2020. Ted Cruz race was tight, but off year, blah, blah. I also think that of course this turnout is sadly Trumpers, who never voted in 2016. So Dems may make up a few points but if it is less than 6% for Trump I will be shocked.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I'm no longer content with just abolishing ICE and prosecuting those responsible. They need to be made an example of.
    We need Nuremburg Trials.

We need Nuremburg Trials.
    Honestly, and I know this isn't right and should not be condoned, I'd be okay with the trials being skipped in this case and sending them straight into cages under the same conditions they held these children in and then performing the equivalent of forced hysterectomies. You can't be a part of ICE and be "innocent" at this point.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, and I know this isn't right and should not be condoned, I'd be okay with the trials being skipped in this case and sending them straight into cages under the same conditions they held these children in and then performing the equivalent of forced hysterectomies. You can't be a part of ICE and be "innocent" at this point.
    I agree that those that participated in the Tortures should be prosecuted (cages are fine). I do not agree with your assessment of ICE personnel overall.

It would behoove all of us to remember that people who work at ICE come from all over, and those that might wish to make changes and/or whistleblow (and we've already seen some people do the latter) face job loss, backlash, financial ruin, and death threats to themselves and their families, because of the Toxic Trump Culture. So some of those people are probably doing all they can to help in a horrific situation. Caring for kids/families as they can, trying their best in an almost holocaustic situation.

I'm incensed at ICE overall and it's leadership and Trump specifically, but the little people shouldn't be all categorized as one.

And yes, I know this is the "I was just following orders" argument, to a certain extent, but that is not my intention.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree that those that participated in the Tortures should be prosecuted (cages are fine). I do not agree with your assessment of ICE personnel overall.

It would behoove all of us to remember that people who work at ICE come from all over, and those that might wish to make changes and/or whistleblow (and we've already seen some people do the latter) face job loss, backlash, financial ruin, and death threats to themselves and their families, because of the Toxic Trump Culture. So some of those people are probably doing all they can to help in a horrific situation. Caring for kids/families as they can, trying their best in an almost holocaustic situation.

I'm incensed at ICE overall and it's leadership and Trump specifically, but the little people shouldn't be all categorized as one.

And yes, I know this is the "I was just following orders" argument, to a certain extent, but that is not my intention.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/30/u...gtype=Homepage

The Trump administration and ICE are racist, hateful, deplorable, disgusting, repugnant, obscene, inhuman monsters.

Not only are is the Trump administration and ICE kidnapping children and losing those kidnapped children, they're also sending them, alone, to another country that doesn't have the resources to care for them and where they have no family or connections. That's psychological trauma that absolutely meets the bar of torture, and all involved should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. And maybe a bit more.
    I want to add something regarding this topic. One of the posters on these forums revealed himself to be a CBP officer at the border (he didn't post all that much). He spewed all sorts of racist nonsense, especially against Hispanics and Muslims. Of course, he was also stupid enough to have a rather unique username, that he also used in CBP and law enforcement sites. With a little effort, it wasn't difficult to figure out who he was. It was rather foolish of him to talk about applying for specific jobs, at specific locations, using his real name in those other sites.

A few phone calls to those facilities, and demands he be investigated... and he's no longer an employee of the United States Government, in any capacity. Pro tip; if you are going to be a racist fuckwit who cheers about torturing minorities, don't let everyone know you are one of those people who are actually doing it. Anonymity on the internet is not nearly as secure as some would think. One not-so-fine chap learned a lesson in OpSec.

No, I will not reveal the asshat's username, or his actual name. Yes, I do check in on him from time to time (he's a security guard). Yes, I am proud of what I did, it's one less violent racist working for the taxpayers.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I want to add something regarding this topic. One of the posters on these forums revealed himself to be a CBP officer at the border (he didn't post all that much). He spewed all sorts of racist nonsense, especially against Hispanics and Muslims. Of course, he was also stupid enough to have a rather unique username, that he also used in CBP and law enforcement sites. With a little effort, it wasn't difficult to figure out who he was. It was rather foolish of him to talk about applying for specific jobs, at specific locations, using his real name in those other sites.

A few phone calls to those facilities, and demands he be investigated... and he's no longer an employee of the United States Government, in any capacity. Pro tip; if you are going to be a racist fuckwit who cheers about torturing minorities, don't let everyone know you are one of those people who are actually doing it. Anonymity on the internet is not nearly as secure as some would think. One not-so-fine chap learned a lesson in OpSec.

No, I will not reveal the asshat's username, or his actual name. Yes, I do check in on him from time to time (he's a security guard). Yes, I am proud of what I did, it's one less violent racist working for the taxpayers.
    Well done, sir. Well done. Take a mother-fucking BOW.

Only 19 states report the early votes by party affiliation - AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, IA, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, NC, NE, NJ, NM, NV, OK, OR, PA, SD. However, if it is even close to that, GOP is facing a big rout in 15 of those states.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Only 19 states report the early votes by party affiliation - AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, IA, KS, KY, LA, MD, ME, NC, NE, NJ, NM, NV, OK, OR, PA, SD. However, if it is even close to that, GOP is facing a big rout in 15 of those states.
    Right... that was a study done independently of state reporting.

5+ Year Old Account
    Was
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/30/u...gtype=Homepage

Not only are is the Trump administration and ICE kidnapping children and losing those kidnapped children, they're also sending them, alone, to another country that doesn't have the resources to care for them and where they have no family or connections. That's psychological trauma that absolutely meets the bar of torture, and all involved should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. And maybe a bit more.
    I feel like this is how future terrorist/extremist groups are made.

I'm looking forward to when we can put the Trump Administration in the trash can of failed American experiments, like Prohibition.