5+ Year Old Account
    So I get a email from blizzard about new date and a link to the story video.

However the video picture shows a Kyrian in trailer cinematic quality.

I wonder if anyone else get that image in their email.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

I got the email to but I think its just a still image and not representing any cinematic, I think.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Probably a zone cinematic. Seems like there is at least one for each leveling thing and maybe one for each campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That happens anytime something that doesn't go they want. Covanents included(Despite I think its conflicting with those that want to change specs often). BUT ANWAYS...

I don't mind more skelly horses or any mount of any kind. MORE SKELLYS
    I kinda want one entirely composed of the wrong kind of bones. Preferably with a flavour text to the notion of "this is why you don't do Necromancy while drunk".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Probably a zone cinematic. Seems like there is at least one for each leveling thing and maybe one for each campaign.
    If each zone gets a Saurfang style cinematic that would be great.

If each zone gets a Saurfang style cinematic that would be great.
    Oh, you meant that kind of cinematic? Yeah I really doubt it, the story trailer showed just ingame CG cinematics.

We know there's a Jailer one in Saurfang quality, EVENTUALLY, but we have no idea when it drops. It may be 9.1

5+ Year Old Account
    Oh, you meant that kind of cinematic? Yeah I really doubt it, the story trailer showed just ingame CG cinematics.

We know there's a Jailer one in Saurfang quality, EVENTUALLY, but we have no idea when it drops. It may be 9.1
    Yea, can’t I post the image atm but another poster got the same email and suggested it could just be a still image in that style.

We still don't actually know whether that image was from a cinematic. It was certainly rendered to that quality bvut it could have been a still image. Or as I mentioned way back, a simple loop meant to be used in some Blizzcon stand.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Glad someone finally mentioned it, does this mean there will be a kyrian in the jailer cinematic maybe, because the guy in question looks like he is saurfang styled quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Glad someone finally mentioned it, does this mean there will be a kyrian in the jailer cinematic maybe, because the guy in question looks like he is saurfang styled quality.
    You're thinking of Old Soldier but I don't think we'll be seeing a Kyrian via live action, more likely we get something like the "Ysera death" cinematic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I suppose we can take this time to wonder if Anduin will actually have a good arc in Shadowlands. Ever since he picked up Shalamayne the game has just been begging for him to actually have a moment where his resolve is truly tested and he has to show himself worthy of his crown. His line of feeling the Light even in (presumably) Torghast suggests to me an arc where he has to hold on to his convictions in the way Arthas never could, and in that way grow as a character.

Not a whole lot yet I suppose, but it is better than discussion has-been outrage youtubers.
    I have this dark sense inside me they're going to butcher Anduin's character this expansion. To try and ham fist some story about how "Oh Light and Shadow are both evil" or just to give Horde payback for Yet Another Evil Warchief.

- - - Updated - - -

Also daaaaang just saw the Naxx launch date for Classic. Blizz I guess wants to see if they actually make thier two games fight who wins.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I have this dark sense inside me they're going to butcher Anduin's character this expansion. To try and ham fist some story about how "Oh Light and Shadow are both evil" or just to give Horde payback for Yet Another Evil Warchief.

- - - Updated - - -

Also daaaaang just saw the Naxx launch date for Classic. Blizz I guess wants to see if they actually make thier two games fight who wins.
    If we are assuming Blizzard is making the two games duke it out then I would be more inclined to believe they want to give Classic the kiss of death now that there is no more staggered content that they can entice players with. Classic will not in every sense of the word enter the endless drought unless Blizzard resets the servers or updates them to BC, both of which I doubt.

David Kim, lead systems designer for Diablo 4, has apparently been promoted to Principal Game Designer for WoW.

Link (reddit post has his Linkedin link in it. I don't have a login for it so someone else can check but I'm seeing it elsewhere too)

Wonder what this bodes for both D4 and WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    If we are assuming Blizzard is making the two games duke it out then I would be more inclined to believe they want to give Classic the kiss of death now that there is no more staggered content that they can entice players with. Classic will not in every sense of the word enter the endless drought unless Blizzard resets the servers or updates them to BC, both of which I doubt.
    Honestly the idea they want to see if Classic can hold a community with dueling launches isn't crazy. In fact it might help them figure out what they want to do long-term with it.

Is it just "drought protection" for Retail, or can it stand on its own?

Also I wouldn't say never on BC. The beta did just re-appear a day before Blizzcon was supposed to start.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt Anduin's character is gonna go anywhere, they had a chance to do it with Jaina and didn't(Thank god). Anduin probably goes through struggle(I know I'm simplifying but you get it) and comes out on top. But I do understand the concern the thing about Light and Shadow both being evil is dumb(Should of sticked to the typical light good and void evil instead of... what we have and explain Xe'ras shennigans with something else).

David Kim, lead systems designer for Diablo 4, has apparently been promoted to Principal Game Designer for WoW.

Link (reddit post has the Linkedin link in it. I don't have a login for it so someone else can check but I'm seeing it elsewhere too)

Principal game designer is the at the top when it comes to that so he's almost on the same level as Ion...for information sake. No idea what it means for WoW but I guess they're finding better people for said position. That or David Kim wanted change and he asked to go on WoW, who knoww.

EDIT: I'm not endorsing it BUT if they are planning on Ion to not be game director they'll probably just move him instead of outright firing.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-10-30 at 06:43 PM.

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post

Link (reddit post has the Linkedin link in it. I don't have a login for it so someone else can check but I'm seeing it elsewhere too)

Interesting. Preparing to can Ion or something?

Honestly the idea they want to see if Classic can hold a community with dueling launches isn't crazy. In fact it might help them figure out what they want to do long-term with it.

Is it just "drought protection" for Retail, or can it stand on its own?

Also I wouldn't say never on BC. The beta did just re-appear a day before Blizzcon was supposed to start.
    Back when Classic launched I stated that there were 4 major hurdles it had to overcome. First one being the initial launch once the first wave of nostalgia wears off,.Second being the release of Molten Core, which would show everyone what raiding really was like. Third being the opening of the gates of Ahn'qiraj, since that is the only time I can think of where there was an event players would actually like the glory of that would not be available again. And finally when Naxxramas opens and the drought begins.

Now Classic is about to pass the final hurdle, which will once and for all finally show who the core players of Classic were that are actually willing to "endlessly" replay the same content over and over. It will take quite a while with Atiesh I suppose, but it will be interesting to see.

I'm gonna go Maldraxxus on my DK no matter what. I want to dabble in Mythic raiding eventually and hopefully everything is cool by then. Not too worried since I'm not starting hardcore from the start, maybe 2 months in or so.

Principal game designer is the at the top when it comes to that so he's almost on the same level as Ion...for information sake. No idea what it means for WoW but I guess they're finding better people for said position. That or David Kim wanted change and he asked to go on WoW, who knoww.

EDIT: I'm not endorsing it BUT if they are planning on Ion to not be game director they'll probably just move him instead of outright firing.
    From what I'm reading elsewhere, people seem to generally be saying good things about him. Something about how he was brought on later to handle balancing in Starcraft 2 (I have no experience in this so I can't say whether or not that's true) among other things.

I'm taking it as a positive at present at least. Interestingly he seems to have been promoted/brought on in September, so its fairly recent.

Doesn't help he seems to share a name with a politician (or someone running for office) so finding anything recent is a tad hard.

I doubt Anduin's character is gonna go anywhere, they had a chance to do it with Jaina and didn't(Thank god). Anduin probably goes through struggle(I know I'm simplifying but you get it) and comes out on top. But I do understand the concern the thing about Light and Shadow both being evil is dumb(Should of sticked to the typical light good and void evil instead of... what we have and explain Xe'ras shennigans with something else).

I kinda like the version they have now where the Void corrupts and the Light controls, but neither power is inherently evil to use. Allows some more interesting stories to take place when you have different Light users that have vastly different moralities. Things like Anduin being completely different from Xe'ra, which is again different to the Scarlet crusade. Things like that.

It also allows us to have Locus-Walker, Alleria and the Void Elves without it feeling like they are walking timebombs.