Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Leveling from new to 50 for heritage armor is only an allied race requirement. For races that existed before Legion, all you need is a max level of that race and exalted with that race's faction. In your case OP, if your max level goblin is exalted with Bilgewater Cartel, you just need to do the quests at your embassy.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

For a new player, it’s probably pretty good

There is actually nothing annoying about Exile's Reach in my own experience.

The zone is tutorial focused because it removes any sense of overwhelmingness and unknowns for any new player that is just starting out World of Warcraft. It's a completely separate and friendly place designed specifically to teach new players the basics about the game.

It was a good decision by Blizzard.

Ah, that explains why it kept claiming I didn't put the Charge icon on my bar yet.

I guess they are trying to make sure you don't miss anything by pestering you with alerts but it did become frustrating for myself who has played the game for years, BUT then I'm not who it's aimed at.

I also use Elvui and all the notifications and alerts are not designed for that :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It didn't care at all what slot it was on as long as I put the ability on a slot, no idea what you're talking about.
    If you put an ability on any other bar than the lower left and relog, the game will tell you again to put it on the lower left bar indicating the first free slot. It's a bit annoying but shouldn't be a problem for a really new player who doesn't even know how to turn on additional bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yes, imagine the hUmIlIaTiON that the 6 kids rescued by their mother from a burning building must be feeling now... The skin on her feet was literally peeling off as she brought out the last kid. hUmIlIaTiON!

Imagine being this guy.
    but but.. mah peener powers!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not designed for veteran players.

Why the fuck would they change it for us?
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

To all those saying “it’s designed for brand new players,” I understand that and even mentioned it in the original post.
    The thing that is annoying is that I was hoping it might make for a new and slightly more interesting starter zone than what we’ve had for years. For instance, I hate the Goblin starter zone after the first time, and the Human and Draenai zones have become stale. The issue is that the UI and tips are designed in a certain way, which even as a new player might become frustrating if they want to put an ability in a different spot than what it highlights you to do.
    As stated, I do find some of the things interesting, such as learning Ice Trap on a Hunter. It’s a small quest that has you find 3 items to complete the quest. It’s not amazing, but it was kind of neat to have that be done. It almost makes me want to test it on other classes to see if they have anything, but as I said, the tool tips and interface become very annoying at times.
    I would just like it to be slightly more intuitive. For instance, if I have an heirloom equipped, or anything equipped in that slot, I shouldn’t keep getting a tooltip popping up to equip some quest item I just got.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    It's not designed for veteran players.

Why the fuck would they change it for us?
    As stated, it would be nice if they just updated the tool tips and instructions to go away and be slightly more intuitive. They don’t have to change the zone, but maybe not have the “you have a new item, open bag by pressing B,” just to do that and then “open character screen by pressing C,” followed by “left click and drag item to this slot,” just to have the message go away. If I do that, and then replace said item with an heirloom I shouldn’t immediately have the same prompts all pop back up and stay there until I delete or sell said item. Or have my spellbook prompts keep popping up because I chose to put the ability somewhere else on my action bar than the first empty slot the system wants me to put it at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    To all those saying “it’s designed for brand new players,” I understand that and even mentioned it in the original post.
    The thing that is annoying is that I was hoping it might make for a new and slightly more interesting starter zone than what we’ve had for years. For instance, I hate the Goblin starter zone after the first time, and the Human and Draenai zones have become stale. The issue is that the UI and tips are designed in a certain way, which even as a new player might become frustrating if they want to put an ability in a different spot than what it highlights you to do.
    As stated, I do find some of the things interesting, such as learning Ice Trap on a Hunter. It’s a small quest that has you find 3 items to complete the quest. It’s not amazing, but it was kind of neat to have that be done. It almost makes me want to test it on other classes to see if they have anything, but as I said, the tool tips and interface become very annoying at times.
    I would just like it to be slightly more intuitive. For instance, if I have an heirloom equipped, or anything equipped in that slot, I shouldn’t keep getting a tooltip popping up to equip some quest item I just got.
    It's like you just ignored ALL the people that answered that you can turn off tutorials and never have that problem again.

You can actually place the spells in any of the default bars. Your issue is you've turned on additional bars(which a new player won't have done), and placing spells there doesn't count.

As a ton of other people have said, if you turn off tutorials in the settings(which you should have done years ago), the annoying prompts don't show up, and it's just a normal-ish zone with fun quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    It's like you just ignored ALL the people that answered that you can turn off tutorials and never have that problem again.
    I never once ignored it. I stated it would be nice to not have to do that if Blizzard simply made the tutorials slightly better.

As stated, it would be nice if they just updated the tool tips and instructions to go away and be slightly more intuitive. They don’t have to change the zone, but maybe not have the “you have a new item, open bag by pressing B,” just to do that and then “open character screen by pressing C,” followed by “left click and drag item to this slot,” just to have the message go away. If I do that, and then replace said item with an heirloom I shouldn’t immediately have the same prompts all pop back up and stay there until I delete or sell said item. Or have my spellbook prompts keep popping up because I chose to put the ability somewhere else on my action bar than the first empty slot the system wants me to put it at.
    Multiple people showed you how to turn off those prompts, so what is the problem? The people that would benefit from them can, and the people that would be irritated by them can simply turn them off. The system works.

Having to uncheck a box in a menu, why Blizz, why? #firstworldproblems

I never once ignored it. I stated it would be nice to not have to do that if Blizzard simply made the tutorials slightly better.
    So now your problem is that tutorials exist for those who want them?

The absolute arrogance in this thread my god.

10+ Year Old Account
    I jus think it’s incredibly fucking sad that these are things that new players have to be told to do every 5 seconds. What happened to FIGURING OUT THE GAME YOURSELF? Doing your own research? Every single game these days is like this. It’s like the developers assume their customers are so incredibly stupid that they wouldn’t be able to tie their shoes. It’s insulting. But it’s even more insulting that modern gamers eat this carebear baby shit UP. People today LOVE to be told what to do. They HATE using their fucking brain. God it makes me sick

I enjoyed it, ran through it on all armour types to grab the transmog.

I like the music too. The island is a pretty mellow place to hang out and enjoy the scenery. Is it a useful tutorial? I'm the wrong person to ask, but as an initial levelling zone/experience it seems decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Literally only bad experience in current leveling is DK intro for main races, it's outdated as hell and you don't have a choice.
    They should have made a new DK intro zone. Something about the same length as Exile's Reach. Maybe a bit shorter, who knows. DKs should've gotten a little love, show who Bolvar is and what his intentions are, etc.

Something to give you a sense of purpose as you eventually enter the Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    I jus think it’s incredibly fucking sad that these are things that new players have to be told to do every 5 seconds. What happened to FIGURING OUT THE GAME YOURSELF? Doing your own research? Every single game these days is like this. It’s like the developers assume their customers are so incredibly stupid that they wouldn’t be able to tie their shoes. It’s insulting. But it’s even more insulting that modern gamers eat this carebear baby shit UP. People today LOVE to be told what to do. They HATE using their fucking brain. God it makes me sick
    Have you not seen the fans on Twitter who discovered WoW through hashtags and cosplay? They can't figure out baby building block games let alone video games. That's who this game is geared towards lol. (Why else do you think there's pet battle dungeons and selfie cams with twitter integration?) I mean, just look at the people who have purchased boosts from guilds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    So now your problem is that tutorials exist for those who want them?

The absolute arrogance in this thread my god.
    My girlfriend, who is new at the game, was very annoyed by the constant tutorial pop ups, and asked me if the devs really thought people were that stupid. In fact, the tutorial tooltips glitched a lot and often, popping up on your screen even though you already did what it asked you to do. The tooltips can certainly be done a lot better and a lot less obsessively.

She's as casual of a video game player as one can be without being those *things* from Twitter.

My niece thought the constant pop ups was annoying and she's pretty much the target audience of new leveling zone. Me personally I thought the fight tutorial midway through the storyline was pretty pointless considering its pretty much what was being done up to that point anyways.

I fail to see the point of this starting area. New people almost never come to the game because once they do all they see is a dead community spamming level boosts, achievements boosts for gold etc. They have nothing to do in the game nor have places to seek for help. Community is extremely toxic and unwelcoming.

At this point wow basically recycle through its old fans who come back to the game to try new expansion and then quit for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    Players who don't need a tutorial are able to turn it off by themselves in any game they try. Players who do need a tutorial are way better served by hints being in the game itself instead of expecting them to use third party sites.

Get off your high horse, WoW is for 12 year olds.