Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Imagine min-maxing this new leveling experience. You will be 50 in a few hours, regardless of what you do. Spam dungeon, spam BGs, questing, etc...Everything is extremely extremely fast.

I created a lvl 1 rogue, got to 10 in Exile's Reach, talked to Chromie and went to Outland to level. I finished the whole Hellfire Peninsula Horde quest chains and 50% of Zangarmarsh and I was already lvl 50 (with the occasional dungeon or BG). Don't tryhard since you will get to 50 in a blink of an eye.
    Yes, but some things are more extremely extremely fast than others. I want a character for raiding, i don't care about a questing experience i've already completed several times. I want it to be done as fast as humanly possible.

Just dinged 50 on my NE Priest last night after a few days of super casual questing and dungeon running in BfA.

While there might be faster ways to do it, this was still really enjoyable and really short. The only thing I disliked about it is how wonky the power levels are as you're leveling. The scaling feels WAY off. One level I'm mopping the floor with 3-4 enemies, the next I'm barely able to take on 2 without having to heal myself. It's not too terrible, but it just doesn't feel right. Especially after hitting 50 and my power feeling the worst it's ever been the entire leveling experience, but at least I know that it can only get better from here.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Noticed that last night as well. Just had to Power through with CD's and DPS him down before he 1 shot everyone.
    Hopefully I dont get that place again but that last boss gibbed me 10 secs after pulling him lol
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    Imagine min-maxing this new leveling experience. You will be 50 in a few hours, regardless of what you do. Spam dungeon, spam BGs, questing, etc...Everything is extremely extremely fast.

I created a lvl 1 rogue, got to 10 in Exile's Reach, talked to Chromie and went to Outland to level. I finished the whole Hellfire Peninsula Horde quest chains and 50% of Zangarmarsh and I was already lvl 50 (with the occasional dungeon or BG). Don't tryhard since you will get to 50 in a blink of an eye.
    The difference being, if you you can do it in 6-7 hours it means you can spend a lazy sunday and have a max level character in a single session. Beyond that means a multi-day commitment to leveling a new character, that detracts from the appeal to many players. If you are fine playing for more than 7 hours in a single day or have 7 days a week to devote to the game, enjoy - no judgment here.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Yes, but some things are more extremely extremely fast than others. I want a character for raiding, i don't care about a questing experience i've already completed several times. I want it to be done as fast as humanly possible.
    Exactly I still think there should be an option to boost as many characters as you want for free after you have wasted your time with the leveling content once. I despise leveling and questing in general I just want to be max level so I can enjoy doing what I actually want to do and that is Dungeons and Raiding beyond that I could give 2 shits less about anything else in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    You may want to check out this guide, not sure what are your times but this guy got 10-50 in less than 6 hours.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ster_than_wod/
    Level 48-50: Stonetalon Mountains
    Is he in the Chromie Time when he did Stonetalon Mountains?

I am confused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Level 48-50: Stonetalon Mountains
    Is he in the Chromie Time when he did Stonetalon Mountains?

I am confused.
    I assume he changes chromie timeline whenever he switches expansion.

I dunno, I think my pace has been alright on the less optimal route of just questing, avg just over 6lvls an hr with no xp buffs, stat buffs or trade skills. Not to mention that I do have a tendency to wonder away from the game or Alt tab for a bit.

I find island expeditions quite nice. On top of that, you have a chance to get the mounts and you can farm dubloons.

You may want to check out this guide, not sure what are your times but this guy got 10-50 in less than 6 hours.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...ster_than_wod/
    This means that zones are poorly tuned xp side.

I am leveling an hunter in Pandaria only, after having done 1-10 in the new starting zone, I am 47-48 and I have something like 20 hours of /played or so. I can cut a couple of hours between afk and interruptions, but it’s 3x the time of that guy (and I probably will hit 50 with 24 hours or so).

I can live with some paths being faster because it’s “natural”, but this is probably too much.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

I am leveling an hunter in Pandaria only, after having done 1-10 in the new starting zone, I am 47-48 and I have something like 20 hours of /played or so. I can cut a couple of hours between afk and interruptions, but it’s 3x the time of that guy (and I probably will hit 50 with 24 hours or so).

I can live with some paths being faster because it’s “natural”, but this is probably too much.
    I don't think it's badly tuned at all. What this really means is that there's a difference between the speeds involved with following the story and zone progression of a particular expansion, and the speed of ruthlessly hopping between zones in an optimal path with zero regard for story. Which is really not at all a problem when you stop to think about it.

There was another thread about progression and story, and a lot of people there were commenting about how they preferred a slower leveling pace where they can just do the story. It seems like what you described pretty much nails that(with judicious use of halting exp-gains at the top end), while still allowing for players who want speed to have their cake too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

It's not a matter of tuning xp for quests, but rather that this person found the zones with higher density/amount of quests, an easier layout and zones with additional perks like bonus objectives, buffs, etc. If you "only" do the quests that are "naturally" faster, you end up saving a lot of time. And again, this is just a guide for speedleveling, the zones are fine overall, it's a good thing that people that want to speed level have an optimal way, the majority will still level the old fashioned way.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a matter of tuning xp for quests, but rather that this person found the zones with higher density/amount of quests, an easier layout and zones with additional perks like bonus objectives, buffs, etc. If you "only" do the quests that are "naturally" faster, you end up saving a lot of time. And again, this is just a guide for speedleveling, the zones are fine overall, it's a good thing that people that want to speed level have an optimal way, the majority will still level the old fashioned way.
    Exactly. These quests are giving the right amount of XP and so on, there are just more of them in a smaller area, and they can be done together really quickly. The places which are noticeably slower are those with the opposite issue, where it takes forever to get quests done - I felt like Hellfire Peninsula was kind of that way, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    BC's Auch Crypts seems broken AF also. That first boss wrecks me even with defensive's up. The second boss hit my dk tank for 8.5k dmg with his steal soul? ability when my dk only has 6.3k.
    Hmmm. This sounds very much like Auch was in 8.3 though as well. Shirrak wrecks people because he does a lot of damage anyway and almost all healers just blithely walk into his spell-slow field and get 200% cast times immediately so absolutely cannot keep people up. Maladaar always nearly one-shot people with steal soul. It would take like 80%+ of your health in 8.3, and he and the soul both hit hard too.

So I'm not sure anything has changed. If it's even worse though, that'd be bad, because it was already mean.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Heirlooms are still powerful at very low levels like 1-15 but past that far less necessary. The most useful ability I'd say is the rested xp extension but that's near useless if you're powerleveling like this thread advocates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Heirlooms are still powerful at very low levels like 1-15 but past that far less necessary. The most useful ability I'd say is the rested xp extension but that's near useless if you're powerleveling like this thread advocates.
    In 9.0 the biggest benefit of heirlooms is not ever having to check your gear, or stop to equip and re-enchant. Having a fully up tp date set of gear each time you ding is a powerful time-saver.

But you're right if you're taking things slow and don't care about speed. The difference in power is not going to make much of an impact unless you go 2-3 levels with no upgrade.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=318849/...-before-shadow

WoW anniversary moved to Nov 1-Nov 22. means the 16 % exp buff (or whatever amount) is up until SL release, put it to good use

also means NO exp buff DURING first days of SL release, sorry

Will Korrak's Revenge be even faster now with the 16% bonus Exp buff?

Yea heirlooms only good now for rested xp or if you enchant them which I highly recommend. They are great with enchants.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vitharr View Post
    Will Korrak's Revenge be even faster now with the 16% bonus Exp buff?
    And good question, will try and test korraks a bit now Edit: Korrak is nerfed for leveling, no point. Got like 10k xp in 10 mins...killed 2 bosses, destroyed a hord tower..no xp really.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2020-11-01 at 01:06 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I actually found Heirlooms to be extra useful with the increased speed. Considering quests reward weapons so infrequently, my first attempt with no Heirlooms went 10 levels without a Weapon upgrade which starts to get really noticeable as Mob's health scales higher. Other gear slots tend to get replaced within 3-5 levels and don't feel as big of a problem but I'd still say Heirloom weapons are a must-have for power leveling.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    I actually found Heirlooms to be extra useful with the increased speed. Considering quests reward weapons so infrequently, my first attempt with no Heirlooms went 10 levels without a Weapon upgrade which starts to get really noticeable as Mob's health scales higher. Other gear slots tend to get replaced within 3-5 levels and don't feel as big of a problem but I'd still say Heirloom weapons are a must-have for power leveling.
    I tend to agree, unless leveling in Legion, which is probably the way to go if you don't have appropriate weapon heirlooms. Weapon drops can be extremely far apart, even when questing solidly. The other stuff is just "nice to have".
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."