Once again, heading off some misinformation before the usual posters try to spread it. There's already been a shitton of ignorant Trumpers on Twitter in an uproar over this before the facts came in. Shockingly none of them are apologizing for pushing a false narrative...

No evidence Queens residents received pre-marked ballots

CLAIM: Residents in the Queens Village section of New York City are receiving ballots that have been marked for Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden with instructions to just send them back to the Board of Elections.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. Officials with the New York City Board of Elections said there is no evidence that residents in Queens are receiving ballots pre-marked for Democratic candidates.

THE FACTS: Tweets began circulating widely on Thursday stating that residents in Queens Village, in the borough of Queens, were receiving ballots that had been already filled out for Democratic candidates, including presidential nominee Joe Biden. The information appeared to originate on the Twitter account of Jake Novak, who identified himself as a freelance columnist living in New York City who has previously written for CNBC.com.

Novak shared the ballot in a video he posted to Twitter. He said the ballot was given to him by the person who received it.

In the video, Novak notes that the ballot had been marked for every Democratic candidate listed, including Biden. He goes on to say it appears that the ballot was marked using a stamper or a machine.

“No human being could be that perfect with filling in all the blanks,” he says in the video.

But it turns out a human could be that perfect.

In the video, Novak shares the voter ID number on the envelope.

After reviewing the ballot shown in the video, election officials contacted the voter in California who had requested the absentee ballot. The voter confirmed they had received and completed the ballot and then returned it. But the voter used the wrong envelope and rather than the ballot going to the board of elections, it was sent back to the voter’s previously listed address in Queens.

In his tweet, Novak claimed it was “shocking” that the ballot was marked as a military absentee ballot and that the Queens Village resident never requested the ballot.

“Here is one of the most shocking details in this NYC #VoterFraud story: the ballot sent was a MILITARY absentee ballot even though no ballot was ever requested & neither the addressee nor anyone in the home EVER served in the military!,” he says.

All absentee ballots in New York are labeled military ballots, according to the city board of elections.
    Not the full article, but enough so that you get the gist of it. Once again "OMG MASS VOTER FRAUD!" turns out to be a single mistake by the end user who didn't RTFM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    I know people are saying Trump could win again because he won in 2016 when nobody thought he had a chance, but his win was a perfect storm of a fired up base, an unpopular opponent, and cheating.

I just don't see Trump catching lightning in a bottle again.
    It’s not catching lightning... 538 has Biden up 66/34 in Florida, due to polling... but, the turn out in Dayton county, that requires a major turn out for dems to have a chance, is lower than the rest of the state. Turn out in Florida is implying polling is off...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Awwwwww, look at you trying so hard to defend racist fucks. Dear Leader would be proud.

He explained exactly what was said in his post - why do you not read posts you respond to?
    I read Machismo’s post, and his response. The other man’s supposed words are nowhere to be found. Why do third parties, such as yourself, act as though they know what happened?

We do not even know if the person Machismo referred to exists.

Regardless, this is an off-topic discussion.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

I am a bit concerned about turnout in places like Dade County and Philly in PA.

Traditionally these places like to vote in-person, so maybe they can surge on election day, but leaving it to the last day makes it always more prone to voter suppression.

Hopefully it's because people in these poor neighborhoods can't get off from work, and early voting will surge Sat/Sun.

Biden for sure hasn't been neglecting minority outreach, so I can't explain the lower turnout, just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

Traditionally these places like to vote in-person, so maybe they can surge on election day, but leaving it to the last day makes it always more prone to voter suppression.

Hopefully it's because people in these poor neighborhoods can't get off from work, and early voting will surge Sat/Sun.

Biden for sure hasn't been neglecting minority outreach, so I can't explain the lower turnout, just yet.
    Miami-Dade has been having mail problems... So that explains part of that.

They haven't started counting ballots in PA yet so we have no idea what that actually looks like.

If we're comparing votes to the Obama coalition, I don't expect Joe to hit Obama's number of African American turn out. I do think they'll end up being higher than Hillary's, but not quite Obama's. Biden more than makes up the difference in the white voters he's flipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    I read Machismo’s post, and his response. The other man’s supposed words are nowhere to be found. Why do third parties, such as yourself, act as though they know what happened?

You are literally taking a side based on your political ideology and defending a person that you're chastising others for assuming they exist when they may not, and you do all of this without a single fucking stitch of self reflection.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

ROFL. So according to trafalger polling, Biden is beating Trump by 3.2% in Minnesota. Kanye is getting 3.3%. Saw a clip of him on Fox talking about if Kanye wasn't on the ballot Trump would be win the state.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    ROFL. So according to trafalger polling, Biden is beating Trump by 3.2% in Minnesota. Kanye is getting 3.3%. Saw a clip of him on Fox talking about if Kanye wasn't on the ballot Trump would be win the state.
    Trafalgar is actually a republican pollster as in their polls are sponsored by Republican campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Trafalgar is actually a republican pollster as in their polls are sponsored by Republican campaigns.
    Oh i know that. But it was Republicans who put Kanye on the ballot. I guess now they have a fall guy in Kanye though when Trump inevitably doesn't wins Minnesota. It won't be those margins, but they'll do it anyways.

Oh i know that. But it was Republicans who put Kanye on the ballot. I guess now they have a fall guy in Kanye though when Trump inevitably doesn't wins Minnesota. It won't be those margins, but they'll do it anyways.
    Right, but they didn't disclose it until today. Soooo they get weighted less in the 538 average now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post

It’s not off topic... because Trump’s increase in border patrol, has forced some unsavory characters onto the squads. The background checks lifted by Trump admin, don’t help either:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/12/u...mmigrants.html

Google “ice fired”... you get a nice mix of them being fired for fucked up shit and firing on people without reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post

Yeah, I said the wrong name, but been reading about Dade turn out being counter to 538 polling...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Trafalshit is fucking awful.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Right, but they didn't disclose it until today. Soooo they get weighted less in the 538 average now.
    Places like 538 and RCP shouldn't even include their as nate silver calls them "crazy shit polls."

In regards to Black and Latino turnout so far -

A few points:

1) Black & Latino turnout wasn't particularly great in '16, and even a modest increase vs. '16 would boost Biden
    2) Polling has told us all along that Black/Latino Dems are more skeptical of VBM than white Dems
    https://twitter.com/Redistrict/statu...85862206476289

In other words, we've known all along that Biden's most promising path to 270 isn't running up a huge turnout advantage among non-whites so much as winning a higher *share* of whites.

The biggest obstacle to 270 for Trump remains defections of white women & seniors.
    https://twitter.com/Redistrict/statu...86439921524742

Furthermore, lets say this person Machismo got fired is real (i believe they are, Mach has no reason to lie), why is Zeth blaming him?

I mean, Mach doesn't;t have a magic button that forces people to fire someone. The organization that fired for him for racism didn't;t want a racist on the books, so blame them.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Furthermore, lets say this person Machismo got fired is real (i believe they are, Mach has no reason to lie), why is Zeth blaming him?

I mean, Mach doesn't;t have a magic button that forces people to fire someone. The organization that fired for him for racism didn't;t want a racist on the books, so blame them.
    It doesn’t fucking mater if he lied or not, his assertion is representative of both the lowered standards to meet hiring demands and recorded history of their interactions with minorities. It’s not out of left field...

Edit: Asserting bias against people you are directly working with, is grounds for firing everywhere. If a store clerk posts they hate shoppers at the store, they will be fired. This is no different of an assertion...

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    I know people are saying Trump could win again because he won in 2016 when nobody thought he had a chance, but his win was a perfect storm of a fired up base, an unpopular opponent, and cheating.

I just don't see Trump catching lightning in a bottle again.
    You're not taking into account the massive amount of voters concerned with voicing their political opinions given the hostility of the rabid Democrat fan base. No one wants to have their vehicle or residence vandalized by a bunch of misinformed thugs.

Prepare for the red wave. We are much more pissed off than we were in 2016. Biden and the Democrats will be thoroughly embarrassed despite the numerous reports of mail-in ballots being discarded or destroyed.

How amusingly disingenuous of liberals to suggest that Republicans are the ones cheating! Which party is it that supports voter ID? Which party encourages mail-in voting despite the reports of shenanigans? I would think that any liberal with any dignity would be ashamed given the obvious manipulation of the voting system, made even worse with the fact that you MAY STILL LOSE! LOL!
    I'm Joe Biden and I forgot this message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 57States View Post
    You're not taking into account the massive amount of voters concerned with voicing their political opinions given the hostility of the rabid Democrat fan base. No one wants to have their vehicle or residence vandalized by a bunch of misinformed thugs.
    Yeah, who knows what they will do... maybe try to kidnap a governor... maybe attack a nurse?

Prepare for the red wave. We are much more pissed off than we were in 2016. Biden and the Democrats will be thoroughly embarrassed despite the numerous reports of mail-in ballots being discarded or destroyed.
    After 4 years of Trump... I bet you are fuming... who do you think is more pissed, you or the libs?

How amusingly disingenuous of liberals to suggest that Republicans are the ones cheating! Which party is it that supports voter ID? Which party encourages mail-in voting despite the reports of shenanigans? I would think that any liberal with any dignity would be ashamed given the obvious manipulation of the voting system, made even worse with the fact that you MAY STILL LOSE! LOL!
    Which party leader thinks you need ID to buy bread? When you can prove to me, that a single republican knows how to even buy groceries like a working class asshole... then we can talk about ID.

Prepare for the red wave.
    Hypocritical disingenuous bullshit detected. Post discounted and ignored.

You mean like someone driving around in a backhoe digging up people's yards to remove signs? Or set hay bales on fire because it was a political sign?

Oh, no wait, those were Trump supporters doing it to people with Biden signs. Silly me.