Quote Originally Posted by 57States View Post
    You're not taking into account the massive amount of voters concerned with voicing their political opinions given the hostility of the rabid Democrat fan base. No one wants to have their vehicle or residence vandalized by a bunch of misinformed thugs.

Prepare for the red wave. We are much more pissed off than we were in 2016. Biden and the Democrats will be thoroughly embarrassed despite the numerous reports of mail-in ballots being discarded or destroyed.

How amusingly disingenuous of liberals to suggest that Republicans are the ones cheating! Which party is it that supports voter ID? Which party encourages mail-in voting despite the reports of shenanigans? I would think that any liberal with any dignity would be ashamed given the obvious manipulation of the voting system, made even worse with the fact that you MAY STILL LOSE! LOL!
    Republicans are the ones making changes to the USPS to deliberately slow it down so not all mail in ballots will be counted. It's Republicans crying to the courts to make sure not all ballots get counted. It's Republicans that have set up unofficial drop boxes in California. So yes it is the Republicans that are cheating in the election and trying to steal it for Trump. Democrats are not trying to manipulate the votes like Republicans are.

Buddy I never said that my side doesn't have asshats who do stupid shit, but if your plan is to contest me with "who does more volatile actions", you're going to lose badly. If you would turn to another source of info other than the Communist News Network, you would know this.
    The Shy Trump supporter myth was debunked several times. Try reading about the very specific things that had to go right for Trump to BARELY win in 2016.

I'm not saying that a Biden win is a foregone conclusion. In fact my anxiety as we reach the promised day is increasing more and more, but it's way harder for Trump to win again.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-10-31 at 03:36 AM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Edge, I will give your post some thought in due time. Forgive me if I do not address your concerns immediately.

In the meantime, I've been wanting to ask you something. Your political stance is obvious. Why then, given the aforementioned, do you spend so much time here spreading your rhetoric? Do you hope to somehow persuade the ten or so conservatives that have the balls to post here to change their minds? I'll share a phrase to help put things in perspective for you:

"Preaching to the choir won't fill the pews.'"

I hope that helps!
    I won't claim to speak for Edge-, but your "perspective" here is just absolute bullshit.

There are plenty of conservative posters, here. This forum is anything but an echo chamber. That is, in fact, why a lot of us are posting here to begin with. Arguing that this place is some left-wing haven is just so completely out of touch with reality that it's clearly nothing more than a persecution complex; you feel a need to make yourself out to be a victim for some reason. And you're not. You and all those other conservative posters are welcome here. That's why you're able to make posts like that.

Plus, speaking for myself, I spend at least 90% of my posts speaking to or about people I disagree with. I'm not back-slapping those I agree with, generally speaking. I have no interest in that. The only time I do, is if I have something else to contribute I feel they overlooked, so even there, it's a "yes, and" or "yes, but", not just a "yes, yes, yes" bit of nonsense. I recognize that most people who find things like civil rights protections and equity offensive, they're not going to be convinced by my rhetoric. And that's fine.

Because the thing is, this is not a private conversation. This is a public discussion, and we have an audience. Some of them post, many of them don't. And while I may opine towards a particular user in a response, as I'm doing here with you, I am also speaking to that audience, the same way an actor on a stage is speaking dialogue both to the other actors on stage, and the audience they are performing for.

That's how debate works. It's never about convincing your opponents that they're wrong. It's about convincing the audience. This is how it works with political debates; no candidate is going to admit they're wrong and their opponent is correct and everyone should vote for their opponent. This is how it works in jury trials; the lawyers are not trying to get the accused to admit guilt and change their plea, they're speaking to the jury. And so on.

If you're expecting us to change your minds, you don't understand what these forums are and how they fundamentally work as a communications medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I keep asking Trump supporters, and none seem to be able to answer:

Why are you so supportive of a guy who keeps white supremacists on as senior advisors?

https://www.splcenter.org/stephen-mi...eitbart-emails

I'll assume any inability to condemn it is an admission of your support of white supremacists.
    Have you considered the fact that no one has answered you because the report is full of shit? It pains me to tell you something that should be so obvious, but the sources of information that you apparently believe to be absolute truth are just as vulnerable to deceitful practices as any other source of political misinformation.

These political arguments always end the same. You will say that my sources are bullshit and I will say the same about yours. So what else is worth arguing? Not much. There is one thing that you libs cannot explain however. Why is it that you are the only ones advocating the restriction of free speech? Don't bother answering because it's obvious to those of us with any common sense. Your only course of action to combat viewpoints that diffuse your own misconceptions is to snuff them out. I hate to tell you this, but the general population is aware of this attack on the First Amendment and is voting accordingly.
    I'm Joe Biden and I forgot this message.

Have you considered the fact that no one has answered you because the report is full of shit? It pains me to tell you something that should be so obvious, but the sources of information that you apparently believe to be absolute truth are just as vulnerable to deceitful practices as any other source of political misinformation.

These political arguments always end the same. You will say that my sources are bullshit and I will say the same about yours. So what else is worth arguing? Not much. There is one thing that you libs cannot explain however. Why is it that you are the only ones advocating the restriction of free speech? Don't bother answering because it's obvious to those of us with any common sense. Your only course of action to combat viewpoints that diffuse your own misconceptions is to snuff them out. I hate to tell you this, but the general population is aware of this attack on the First Amendment and is voting accordingly.
    One problem... Miller admitted all those e-mails were his.

*LOUD BUZZER NOISE*

Screaming, "FAKE NEWS" doesn't work, when the guy admits he wrote it. The source of the information is the white supremacist himself. You'd know that, if you had actually read the articles.

I'm a small-government conservative, so you are wrong, again. That's precisely why I oppose a big-government fascist like Trump, who wants to massively expand government, take away liberty, and despises the United States Constitution.

As for opposing free speech, take it up with Trump, who wants to stomp on the First Amendment.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...ne-censorship/

Man, you aren't having a good time.

Thanks for admitting you support white supremacists like Trump, who also happen to hate freedom of speech.

10+ Year Old Account

Which source would you prefer?

Justice Department asks to defend Trump in rape accuser E. Jean Carroll's defamation lawsuit
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...mp/5755850002/
    After New York state courts turned down Trump’s request to delay E. Jean Carroll’s suit, Justice Department lawyers filed court papers aiming to shift the case into federal court and to substitute the U.S. for Trump as the defendant. That means the federal government, rather than Trump himself, might have to pay damages if any are awarded.
    Why are you voting for this man, when you were less pissed 4 years ago?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Republicans are the ones making changes to the USPS to deliberately slow it down so not all mail in ballots will be counted. It's Republicans crying to the courts to make sure not all ballots get counted. It's Republicans that have set up unofficial drop boxes in California. So yes it is the Republicans that are cheating in the election and trying to steal it for Trump. Democrats are not trying to manipulate the votes like Republicans are.
    I eagerly await your explanation regarding how your claim affects only those who vote Democrat. Lol that you mention California, of all states. BRB while I make some popcorn lol.
    I'm Joe Biden and I forgot this message.

I eagerly await your explanation regarding how your claim affects only those who vote Democrat. Lol that you mention California, of all states. BRB while I make some popcorn lol.
    I think it has to do with which type of voter is more likely to vote in person versus which voter is likely go by mail.

And he mentioned California of all states because they were fucked in the head enough to put out fake ballot boxes marked official there and actually tried to claim they were allowed to do it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

*Loud Buzzer Noise*

Moving goalposts to avoid the question... classic Trumpster deflection.

Democrats are more likely to vote by MIV than Republicans.

Was that so hard to wrap your head around?

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Trafalgar is actually a republican pollster as in their polls are sponsored by Republican campaigns.
    Yep, and they are somehow WORSE than Rasmussen.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not taking into account the massive amount of voters concerned with voicing their political opinions given the hostility of the rabid Democrat fan base. No one wants to have their vehicle or residence vandalized by a bunch of misinformed thugs.

Prepare for the red wave. We are much more pissed off than we were in 2016. Biden and the Democrats will be thoroughly embarrassed despite the numerous reports of mail-in ballots being discarded or destroyed.

How amusingly disingenuous of liberals to suggest that Republicans are the ones cheating! Which party is it that supports voter ID? Which party encourages mail-in voting despite the reports of shenanigans? I would think that any liberal with any dignity would be ashamed given the obvious manipulation of the voting system, made even worse with the fact that you MAY STILL LOSE! LOL!
    Funny, I have seen more violence and death from right wingers over the last 4 years than left wingers.

And there is no evidence of the left wing cheating, but we have the 2018 election that shows that Republicans are cheaters.

You made the claim that Democrats were cheating when they definitely are not and I gave you examples of the ones who have been doing the real cheating. Also Democrats take the virus much more seriously than the Republicans do and therefor are wanting to use mail in voting more than voting in person, so when Republicans mess with the mail like they've been doing it's going to hurt Democrats more, the Republicans up top like Trump know this and are willing to engage in some friendly fire by possibly discarding some Republican votes as long as they believe they're hurting the Democrats more.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I really hope things improve with the Black and Latino vote come election day.

Biden Aides See Warning Signs in Black, Latino Turnout So Far
    Who wrote that article? There are several misleading points there.

First
    In Arizona, two-thirds of Latino registered voters have not yet cast a ballot

That is actually good. Arizona currently has 81% of 2016 total vote count turned in (61% of the state total registered voters). According to Sienna College, Biden lead Trump by 25 pts with Arizona independent voters. Since Dem plus NPA are way ahead of GOP, having more voters to tap is my opinion pretty good.

Next
    In Pennsylvania, nearly 75% of registered Black voters have not yet voted, the data shows

There is no early in-person voting in PA. However, beginning Sept. 14 voters can request, fill out and submit a mail-in or absentee ballot during a single in-person visit to a county elections office. So far, 2,299,393 ballots have been returned and accepted. Dem is ahead by 1,016,106. Keep in mind that total registered voters in PA is 9M. So Dem is ahead by a very large margin.

As for Florida, it is Florida. Not much to say there.

If you're being honest with yourself you'll admit that the uneducated en masse are far more susceptible to misinformation, magical thinking, superstition, conspiracy theories, and are generally less able to discriminate reliable sources from unreliable ones than educated people are.You know why? I'll give you a hint, it has to do with the defining binary classification of the population I've highlighted... Still confused ? Kay, EDUCATION IS THE DIFFERENCE. Without it, you lack the training and practice to know how to weigh evidence and discern truth from fiction.

Who supports Trump? Primarily the uneducated, like you. Your are absolutely wrong to equate your sources: YouTube know-nothings, faux-news entertainment rags, Russian active measures, and your drunk uncle, with well established, accountable, and reliable sources like NYT. The most reliable sources will have track records of having proven themselves over decades to be correct time and time and time again, and has policies that ensure their information is vetted and confirmed.

When reliable sources make a mistake, they admit it and correct the record. When some screw-loose rando with a web cam spews some insane nonsense backed up by nothing, he/she is accountable to noone. That's just one of the many differences you and your uneducated ilk wouldn't even know to look for when comparing sources.
    Last edited by Eviscero; 2020-10-31 at 04:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

so remember how trump's been against ballots being counted after election day?

well, in Pennsylvania, 7 counties won't be counting ballots until after election day. 6 of those went to trump in 2016. I think he's gonna change his tune real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    so remember how trump's been against ballots being counted after election day?

well, in Pennsylvania, 7 counties won't be counting ballots until after election day. 6 of those went to trump in 2016. I think he's gonna change his tune real fast.
    Only in the cases where it benefits him. He'll simultaneously be for it in the places where he's likely to do well and against it in the places where he isn't. There will be some weak/circular logic explaining why this makes sense which his supporters will devour, like "the fraud in these democrat run counties is out of control."

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Only in the cases where it benefits him. He'll simultaneously be for it in the places where he's likely to do well and against it in the places where he isn't. There will be some weak/circular logic explaining why this makes sense which his supporters will devour, like "the fraud in these democrat run counties is out of control."
    Right I expect nothing less from the wannabe dictator. "only votes for me are valid, every other one is because of fraud."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    And speaking of PA (And to copy/paste this from the Trump Thread because it's also relevant here):

Team Trump apparently sent a Security Info request to the Commissioner of Cumberland County (PA) that included requests for rather specific bits of information:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sentinel
    Cumberland County officials received an email this week from the Trump campaign requesting highly specific details about the county's ballot security.

The email, obtained by The Sentinel, went so far as to ask for the address and room numbers of ballot storage locations, and requested that the information be sent to the Gmail account of a Florida-based Trump operative.

County officials said they have not responded to the request and do not intend to, according to the county commissioners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    And speaking of PA (And to copy/paste this from the Trump Thread because it's also relevant here):

Team Trump apparently sent a Security Info request to the Commissioner of Cumberland County (PA) that included requests for rather specific bits of information:
    Here's hoping they preventatively put that stuff under heavy lock and key.

Though honestly I don't know why they haven't been tabulating these votes early. Getting them officially registered and the records made is the best way to prevent this kind of tampering down the line.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.