Poll: Who is your favorite character of these 15?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    the real pool is
    1.Arthas
    2.Sylvanas
    3.Illidan
    4.Jaina
    5.Thrall

Nobody voted for soyboy anduin

Where exactly is this poll from? I really doubt the results would be the same if there was a poll on wows own website

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aranis View Post
    Who the fuck loves Anduin?
    I could also ask "Who could love Sylvanas?" but you know, there is a thing called "personal preference" and there are several hundred millions of Warecraft fans.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Eesh. I know that hating on Go'el Thrall has become a meme, but he is below Lor'themar and even Genn Greymane? I did not expect that.

Also surprised Saurfang isn't on this list.

Also disappointed that half these characters are Human characters.

don't know the source, but it says "FANFICTION" - so maybe a poll on a FF site regarding Warcraft fanfiction characters. Which would explain how more recent characters score so high on the list and why Anduin and Sylv are so high - because the fanfiction community is not your typical WoW community* and because they tend to interpret the characters more freely.

*aka a lot less dudebros with weiner complexes

3+ Year Old Account
    this is one of the best threads ever because you can actually see who reads the OP and who doesn't...and most doesn't lmao.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

I never heard of these so called "polls" you mention.

There's no way in hell Anduin is this popular... maybe Horde players love seeing him cry in every cinematic but that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of weird that Maiev is on that list while Tyrande and Malfurion aren't. Don't get me wrong, I like her more than the other two but she's by far not as well known and barely had any spotlight in WoW.

For a second I thought Anduin's picture was supposed to be Jaina

Quote Originally Posted by BrintoSFJ View Post
    I could also ask "Who could love Sylvanas?" but you know, there is a thing called "personal preference" and there are several hundred millions of Warecraft fans.
    "edge women" = popular character
    "crybaby" anti popular character

Polls are rigged. Don't trust the fake news narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Yeah, fanfiction is written by people of all ages and orientation. Some of the best fanfiction out there are written by age 30+ people.
    glad to see you missed the point entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Alleria is on that list? HAHAHAHA.

Alleria's first appearance in WoW is in 2017, and she's already in the top 17, with people who have appeared since 2004. I can't wait for the inevitable Void expansion, she'll easily become top 3 and even surpass Jaina and Sylvanas LOL!

See haters, a character doesn't need 2 decades of screentime to be popular, sometimes they just need a perfect design, badass powers, and compelling motivations. Get bent.
    yes, blizzard threw everything at the wall which is alleria, and whatever stuck is what we have now. and now she is only a marginally"interesting and popular character" according to this poll.
    and she's still behind a character with no power, not a great design, and no compelling motives who was introduced much more recently than her.
    great win for you
    Last edited by CheckThyself; 2020-10-31 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HadesBlessYou View Post
    glad to see you missed the point entirely.

yes, blizzard threw everything at the wall which is alleria, and whatever stuck is what we have now. and now she is only a marginally"interesting and popular character" according to this poll.
    and she's still behind a character with no power, not a great design, and no compelling motives who was introduced much more recently than her.
    great win for you
    Lol, she's behind a character who's been in the game 13 years more longer than her.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Lol, she's behind a character who's been in the game 13 years more longer than her.
    wrong character you 're looking at

Quote Originally Posted by HadesBlessYou View Post
    wrong character you 're looking at
    I mistook him for Shaw, regardless Fairwind plays a large role throughout all of BfA, meanwhile Alleria appears only sporadically. The fact that he, who has been a recurring character for the whole expansion, is only barely more popular than someone whose appearances you can count on the fingers of one hand, is quite telling.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean its based on fanfiction. Anduin could be getting murdered in most of his fanfics. Does that make him popular?

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Eesh. I know that hating on Go'el Thrall has become a meme, but he is below Lor'themar and even Genn Greymane? I did not expect that.

Also surprised Saurfang isn't on this list.

Also disappointed that half these characters are Human characters.
    It's based on what's currently going on. And Thrall somehow managed to do less for the story in recent years than freaking Lor'themar. Top 3 are just the 3 major players of BfA, really.

Tho I gotta agree with Jaina being high on the list, for all the bullshit in BfA her arc was pretty good.

What did they actually vote on? Their favourite character? Which characters they know? Which character is prettiest? There's something weird about this poll. They are all characters that are very prominent in BFA. If this poll was done during Legion, Khadgar would take Anduin's place. Thrall and Velen would be up high too. Why is there no source to this poll?
    Last edited by Bullerick; 2020-10-31 at 12:25 PM.

Anyone ever stop to think about that players that started playing WoW the last 6-8 years is probably more likely to vote on polls on the internet and they don't have that much interaction, with lets say Arthas?

Its a pretty clear pattern here. Top 3 are the most prominent ones the last 2-3 years. Its going to affct peoples preferences.

Arthas was incredible dull btw. Warcraft fan for 20+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElnPitgWoAIr9NY?format=jpg

It honestly shocked me to see Arthas so behind.
    Why should anyone care about a poll for fanfiction of all things?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing