Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

When was Music at its best?

in your opinion

i would say the early 2000s , so many bands , Blue , Steps , Girls Aloud , Sugababes , etc great time.

Nothing even approaches the same galaxy as the 1990s. In a distant second is the early 1970s (pre-disco).

7+ Year Old Account
    60s to early 70s
    Late 80s to mid 90s

Music exploded into dozen of directions in the 70s.
    Especially after punk...at CBGBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    in your opinion

i would say the early 2000s , so many bands , Blue , Steps , Girls Aloud , Sugababes , etc great time.
    dig dig stop thay dig dig...

The 1700s and 1800s of course ... when music was at its peak.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I say the 90's. I have a love of 80's too. Truth is can find good songs from quite a few decades but 90's music is my favorite.

I'd say now, you have more music than ever. Whatever was available back then is also available now + more.
    If you mean what's being played in the radio, then that's a different question is it not?

5+ Year Old Account
    in the 80s and MTV (when it was about music) not now with its reality tv bs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the music. But i find video game music superior to the most generic crap they trow out now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd say now? Unless you're just talking the quality of the top 40 pop songs or whatever.

We have all the music that came before, cheaply and easily available to find and listen too. We have more variety than ever. Underground scenes are more accessible than ever. No genre is truly dead, you can find artists still making pretty much anything you want to listen to. You've also got decades worth of foreign music at your fingertips.

Probably just before radio was widely available.

We have amazing music nowadays but it comes mostly from videogames and movie OSTs, Two Steps From Hell, Hans Zimmer, etc.

But other than that, 70s and early 2000s had some great stuff but nothing beats the 80s and 90s.

It's hard to say anything but right now. It's just that the good music gets buried by mainstream nowdays. I'd say popular genres as a whole were best during 80s and early 90s. But again don't listen to mainstream and you are far better off.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    We have amazing music nowadays but it comes mostly from videogames and movie OSTs, Two Steps From Hell, Hans Zimmer, etc.

But other than that, 70s and early 2000s had some great stuff but nothing beats the 80s and 90s.
    Michael Jackson when he was still black.

Last edited by monkfailz; 2020-11-14 at 12:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    in your opinion

Agree 100%.

Music from the 70, 80 and 90s is so out of my sphere that I cannot enjoy it. I can listen to it but I get bored after. This is true even for big and recognized bands. They feel extremely old and outdated to me.

Current music is just bland, especially the weird mish-mash of rap and techno that is rampant nowadays. You just talk in a microphone and then post-production does its magic, sometimes there are not even rhymes. My mind cannot register it as music, no matter how hard I try.

Nowwww the early 2000, or until 2010+ even, I love to bits. The club songs are so fucking powerful and motivating. They remind me of crazy times where you just wanted to have fun. I might be biased because it's the music of my generation, but there's that.

Also I appreciate some of the songs released today, too. My list from best to worst would be

2000/2010 >> today > > > > > > pre-2000

I would say today. Over time we have development more and more genres and different sounds while rarely having things disappear completely. Almost always someone who plays whatever genre you enjoy, might be difficult to find at times however. There is music basically for everyone and as time goes on even more music styles will develop which broadens the amount even more.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Since when did quantity equal quality?

Early 1970s. Next question!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Agreed. I'm mostly into OST myself. Pop music was never my thing.