View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    /snip

[Infraction]

Last edited by Rozz; Today at 02:37 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling
    It's just to suggest that Slant wasn't trolling. He may have been guilty of flaming, but not "minor trolling".

Dribbles and Slant hold opposing views; however, one chooses to lie, distort & misrepresent facts to suit his extremist minority viewpoint. The other occasionally loses his temper, justifiably, in the face of such utter nonsense.

The trick, mods, is to differentiate between the two and treat accordingly.

I’ve got nothing against Dribbles, personally - no idea who he is. I’ve got a huge amount of sympathy if he’s the owner of a SME as he’s being shafted at the moment. But his propaganda and constant misrepresentation of facts should be called out for what it is, which is what Slant and others on this forum do.

/peace

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    [Infraction]
    Seriously @Rozz, that was bullshit.

Infract me.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    It's just to suggest that Slant wasn't trolling. He may have been guilty of flaming, but not "minor trolling".

Dribbles and Slant hold opposing views; however, one chooses to lie, distort & misrepresent facts to suit his extremist minority viewpoint. The other occasionally loses his temper, justifiably, in the face of such utter nonsense.

I’ve got nothing against Dribbles, personally - no idea who he is. I’ve got a huge amount of sympathy if he’s the owner of a SME as he’s being shafted at the moment. But his propaganda and constant misrepresentation of facts should be called out for what it is, which is what Slant and others on this forum do.

/peace
    It's not propaganda, it's "Legitimate alternative political views."

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It's not propaganda, it's "Legitimate alternative political views."
    Hey mate, hope all’s well in rainy Essex.

Yep, I can’t be doing with “legitimate alternative political views” at the moment given everything else that’s going on. I can feel myself faltering though, lol - I need to exercise more discipline. Stay well, all.

Hey mate, hope all’s well in rainy Essex.

Yep, I can’t be doing with “legitimate alternative political views” at the moment given everything else that’s going on. I can feel myself faltering though, lol - I need to exercise more discipline. Stay well, all.
    Everything is well..... Terrible as we have Bernard Jenkins as the MP XD

(Also the whole "Legitimate alternative political views." is basically a meme here as the mods use it as an excuse to allow far-right nutters to post what they do. Especially back during the Thwart regime)

7+ Year Old Account

/peace
    I don't think I have ever lied or misrepresented here. The views I share are those held by majority of tens of millions of moderate British people who quietly support Brexit. Are you saying I am in the minority? 52-48 remember that, 2019 EU parliamentary elections that returned the largest UK Brexit party with 29 seats to the EU, last UK General Election with a stonking Brexit Boris majority returned? And so on.

It's the nature of political discussion that sometimes topics get a bit heated and the best way to deal with that is to do like Barnier does for the EU, leave the negotiation for a bit, calm down and return in a polite civil manner with a better argument and a stronger case that wins the debate.

Who knows, that way you might even change my mind and millions of others about brexit. I've seen no reason to yet though...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Seriously @Rozz, that was bullshit.

Infract me.
    It doesnt matter. He got a temporary ban for a bunch of minor trolling and flaming and will be back in a few days. I got my share too. Dribs baits and reports everything he can but no matter how many times you report him for trolling and baiting, nothing happens because he hides it because a big wall of dumb.
    Last edited by Demolitia; 2020-11-01 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    I don't think I have ever lied or misrepresented here.
    Boy, I don't even have to search very far back:

Um so it took the EU 60 years to get that Japan deal, congrats I guess, is that what you are looking for? It took the UK 3 months. What took you so long?
    2 misrepresentations:

1)You're insinuating the EU was trying to get a trade deal with japan for 60 years
    2)You're insinuating the UK started from scratch on their trade deal with japan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

/peace
    Unless we write a 300 pages essay about why Dribs position is illuminaty level cracknut belief from a political and global trade standpoint, we will lose everytime we raise our voice. He just quotes questionnable headlines, doesnt even read articles and waits for the shitstorm before baiting again. It's clear from his post history. He doesnt have a view. He is just trolling. But his posts are so damaging potentially we feel we have to debunk every single bullshit he posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and welcome back , Ginette.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Boy, I don't even have to search very far back:

2 misrepresentations:

1)You're insinuating the EU was trying to get a trade deal with japan for 60 years
    2)You're insinuating the UK started from scratch on their trade deal with japan
    1. The year was 1959 when Japan first appointed an ambassador to the precursor of the EU in Belgium. According to Slant it was 2019 when the EU/Japan deal came into force. And I graciously congratulated him on that achievement.

2. The UK has only been independent of the EU for 9 months. And now in that time has a better UK/Japan deal than we would be stuck with if we were still inside the EU. How is it fair that the EU takes the credit for that? They are clearly not working for UK advantage now.

Again I'm telling no lies and insinuating/misrepresenting nothing. They are, as posted, clearly the facts.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

1. The year was 1959 when Japan first appointed an ambassador to the precursor of the EU in Belgium. According to Slant it was 2019 when the EU/Japan deal came into force. And I graciously congratulated him on that achievement.

2. The UK has only been independent of the EU for 9 months. And now in that time has a better UK/Japan deal than we would be stuck with if we were still inside the EU. How is it fair that the EU takes the credit for that? They are clearly not working for UK advantage now.

Again I'm telling no lies and insinuating/misrepresenting nothing. They are, as posted, clearly the facts.
    The trade deal has not been ratified yet by the UK.

1) The EU wasn't negotiating a trade deal the entire time

2) According to @caervek, the UK was the primary negotiator for the EU's trade deal with japan. Ergo, they were working on that trade deal longer than they've been "independent of the EU" as

Why shouldn't the UK copy EU agreements going forward
    So, again, you had two misrepresentations in one sentence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

5+ Year Old Account
    Cease discussing or calling for any more infractions. So that you're all aware: When you post insults/violence against other users, it does not matter if you edit that out 5 or 10+ minutes later. The second it is seen or reported, you are responsible for what you post. The earlier infraction had content that was far from appropriate and removed by the poster on their own. I am not going to re-edit that back in, since at this point it's that poster's private business and we don't need to preserve abusive language. That is all I'll say on the matter, so stay on topic.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

In other news, Nigel Farage is back and rebranded the Brexit party into Reform UK, an anti-lockdown party.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Nigel_Far...24828132134913
    So he basically made a party to fight for .... freedom of movement? Who saw that one comming?

So the guy who helped cause Brexit and ran away like a coward when things were going south is now trying to go for round 2?

He lost his job in the European Parliament by saving you all from the evil EU. I guess you owe him a seat back home so he can free you from evil uk political system now ...

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    In other news, Nigel Farage is back and rebranded the Brexit party into Reform UK, an anti-lockdown party.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Nigel_Far...24828132134913
    So he basically made a party to fight for .... freedom of movement? Who saw that one comming?
    "Mr Farage and Mr Tice declare that "lockdowns don't work", and say their new party will back a policy of "focused protection" from coronavirus only for the most vulnerable, to allow the rest of the population to develop herd immunity."

Herd immunity without a vaccine... so now he is trying to actively kill people?

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    "Mr Farage and Mr Tice declare that "lockdowns don't work", and say their new party will back a policy of "focused protection" from coronavirus only for the most vulnerable, to allow the rest of the population to develop herd immunity."

Herd immunity for an illness that has already killed at least one person that caught it for a second time.

I thought that Brexit was the stupidest idea these people could possibly come up with, and it looks like I was wrong.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post

yes. Herd immunity without a vaccine is simply letting the virus do its thing of killing people, it doesn't actually prevent anything.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    United Kingdom? More like Duo-kingdom of Engeland and North-Ireland!