Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shadowlands: Maldraxxus from Above

Shadowlands: Maldraxxus from Above
    Blizzard has released a video preview of Maldraxxus, the realm where necrotic soldiers wage war throughout the cosmos.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    More like from beneath or from the side.

Bastion was similar, not really 'above'

Or "Maldraxxus from the ground, like any player"

While they could have incorporated more flyover footage, this series is only called "...from above" because of the phrase "Death From Above." It's a gag.

I feel like this really reinforces what I was complaining about yesterday. I was worried Maldraxxus would feel too much like Eastern Plaguelands but it looks like they put in enough to make it feel not as recycled or lacking. Can't wait to see the other two.

music=meh
    visuals=ok
    overall; needs more emotional impact

I have to assume they made it 24fps intentionally to seem "cinematic".

I think it looks like shit.

"From above" on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    I have to assume they made it 24fps intentionally to seem "cinematic".

I think it looks like shit.

No, it's not because of the FPS, it's just because it's maldraxxus.

This zone is visually unpleasant, boring and look like a giant realm of junkyard.

Trust me when I Say you saw everything there is to see in this trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    While they could have incorporated more flyover footage, this series is only called "...from above" because of the phrase "Death From Above." It's a gag.
    No, It's called so because of the Lady Gaga song "Sine From Above" from her album Chromatica, which works perfectly as a Shadowlands soundtrack.

That looks like an extremely bland and boring zone.

Is this... Warcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    That looks like an extremely bland and boring zone.
    As more and more of these videos release, the more I feel better about refunding my heroic purchase lmao

Hate this zone. Cramped, linear and hilly

I feel like these "From Above" videos are doing Blizzard a disservice LOL So far so damn mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I feel like these "From Above" videos are doing Blizzard a disservice LOL So far so damn mediocre.
    What exactly is wrong with the videos?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

One of the ugliest zones ever implemented into this game, which is probably the reason why they mostly showed 2 subzones of like 8. In beta I was pleasantly surprised though. While the zone wasn't particularily exciting or fun, it was not as awful as I first thought it would be. The plot twist was kinda obvious (and aggravating, as it took all agency from us again), but the stay in Maldraxxus was relatively short thankfully. The arena side quests in the middle were some of the most annoying quests I've ever done though.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What exactly is wrong with the videos?
    To me it's basically highlighting the little annoyances that I found in previous zones, especially regarding annoyances when it comes to pathing. This one in particular with the addition of being rather bland artistically.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    As more and more of these videos release, the more I feel better about refunding my heroic purchase lmao
    Barking up a wrong tree there, mate.