Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Beautiful zone. That preview was better than the story trailer.

This Swolekin is not mine but I will share with the world and he will summarize my feelings for Bastion for me. Forevermore.

I know Swolekin. I cried too.

While it's pretty that is definitely not looking like paradise to me. I think it was more to be a symbol of order rather than paradise. Bastion=Order/Faith maybe Ardenweald=Nature/Life Maldraxus=Strength Revendreth=Purgatory with a twist

hope it's better than Azurik

Sooo are the owl people like servants for the not really angels?

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    While it's pretty that is definitely not looking like paradise to me. I think it was more to be a symbol of order rather than paradise. Bastion=Order/Faith maybe Ardenweald=Nature/Life Maldraxus=Strength Revendreth=Purgatory with a twist
    How would you know what paradise look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Sooo are the owl people like servants for the not really angels?
    They are like dwarves are to humans: their workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Bleh. Fine if you're a paladin or priest I guess. I can't see my shaman or druid having any business there. :-P

On a more technical note...I'm a bit disappointed with the layouts and textures shown here. When I think of a holy-themed afterlife, I think of the Silver City from Diablo 3. Clean shapes, precise geometry, order imposed over everything but with an aesthetically appealing architecture.

What Blizz showed us in this video is....not that. It just looks like a blue and white palette swap for any of a million other zones we've seen. Grassy hills, check. Messy dirt walkways, check. Random structures placed wherever they can be shoved in to maximize quests-per-zone, check. The zone is a pastiche of a pastiche, a recolored imitation of what we've already experienced too many times before. It feels, in a word...lazy.
    But it is not a holy themed after that, it is an arcane one. Lore, quests, spells reflect that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I felt Bastion was like a wet on wet watercolour, so little definition, and so full of pastels, not a fan of it. Maldraxxus is the worst, hate that zone, Ardenweald, some pretty parts, so Care Bear and pretty sparkles. My fav was Revendrath, really enjoyed my experience there, loved Door of Shadows. Unfortunately, I'm a priest and will be going with the Kyrian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love that cinematic 24 fps... who the hell makes a game video at 24 fps, this isn't cinema...

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    That's a solid 30fps right there.
    Actually...

these previews just highlight how shitty it is to not be able to fly when you hit max level. instead we will get it in a year when everything is played out and interest in flying is all but dead. this zone looks like flying was in mind when it was designed, but here we are stumbling around on foot.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    They are like dwarves are to humans: their workers.
    Nice. SO even in death you can be slave for somebody holier than you.

Nice. SO even in death you can be slave for somebody holier than you.
    The Stewards(Owls) are native to Bastion so it's not mortals becoming them.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The Stewards(Owls) are native to Bastion so it's not mortals becoming them.
    I know, but still they are servant species that is there to serve the not angels. Are they conquered? Are they created to be servants?

I know, but still they are servant species that is there to serve the not angels. Are they conquered? Are they created to be servants?
    They're created for this purpose.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They're created for this purpose.
    Man, they should stick with constructs then. Why give slaves sentience...

I'm a little confused by these series of videos. Why "from above"?

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Ok, and? It doesn't look very arcane either. All they did was take a generic rolling hills zone, slap some blue and white on it, and call it done. There's nothing unique or othrworldly about this place to give me a sense that it's the afterlife.

You can say that about pretty much every zone. Seems to me it is just a matter of your personal taste, and thats ok.

To me, it is one of the better shadowlands zones. Maldraxxus and the maw look kind of uninspired and I can't stand the druid forest we seem to get every expansion now.