Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What's with all the hate for this game. It's fun, it might not win any game of the year awards but it's still enjoyable. Though personally I just went for a Ubisoft+ subscription, that way I can also check out the new AC later this month.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Hasn't every watch dogs game been lukewarm?
    Honestly, i'm surprised they are still making sequels.
    The first game when it was announced looked good, then it turned out to be utter trash. I had the Wii U version, I think I got it free with the system and it sucked so much. I think I played all of 30 minutes of it. Majorly disappointing from what I was hoping it would be.

I don't have any relation to the series, never played a Watch Dog game.

But some streamers I usually watch, gave it a go.
    The game just cringes me out so hard...
    Who is it for, super edgy 12 year old anonymous fanboys?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    I don't have any relation to the series, never played a Watch Dog game.

But some streamers I usually watch, gave it a go.
    The game just cringes me out so hard...
    Who is it for, super edgy 12 year old anonymous fanboys?
    2 is definitely in this bucket. It's like if marketing people wrote a bunch of leetspeak dialogue.

Legion is just... so generic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I am surprised Watchdogs is still a thing. I briefly played the first and I found it buggy and boring. I tried watching gameplays of the second and it was just a chore.

Maybe there is a charm to it that I cannot see
    I've no idea how anyone thought WD1 was interesting in the first place.

I mean just look at it lol. The whole thing just screams the colour grey. Just plain old boring.

Its a pretty standard open world game with a gimmick attached that actually works quite well.

Of course every person being randomly generated means you will hear alot of repeat voicelines and occasionally run into a recruit that has an identical voice to the character you are currently controlling, and after a while the recruitment missions gets quite repetitive, though some of the more challenging people to recruit do offer some more interesting recruitment missions, beyond the usual go, hack this for me, go destroy this etc. etc.

The story itself is decent enough, though it is somewhat plagued I feel by not being tied together by a central protagonist, I suppose the idea is that Dedsec as a whole is the protagonist, but I feel it does detract somewhat from the overall narrative.

If I were to give it an arbitrary score, I'd say 7/10, its good but I don't feel its $60 or your regional equivalent good.

If it were on sale for 45-50 I'd say its decent value, the campaign itself is reportedly about 20 hours ( haven't beaten it yet ) if you ignore side content, which is decently lenghty for a game nowadays.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2020-11-01 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Oh god, if people are asking to have their names removed from the end product, there's a shitshow buried somewhere nearby.
    Nothing like that happened though.

It's a decent game, the recruit anyone is actually refreshing. It tries something different and it succeeds

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    What's with all the hate for this game. It's fun, it might not win any game of the year awards but it's still enjoyable. Though personally I just went for a Ubisoft+ subscription, that way I can also check out the new AC later this month.
    Because it's hip to hate Ubisoft and their games. Meanwhile the same people buy cod and fifa for such amazing gameplay.

Got the game free with my 3080.

The game is ok, it can be fun and the dialogue is so bad it's hilarious. The AI is dumb as fuck, the game is very easy.

It's cool to mess around in the city, story is your standard watch dogs crap.

Graphics aren't that great, got everything on ultra and playing 4k. I think GTA V looks better.

Don't recommend to buy full price, worth it on sale for some laughs.

This is how recruitment works https://www.reddit.com/r/watch_dogs/...e_a_terrorist/
    Last edited by Tekko; 2020-11-01 at 01:51 PM.

It's definitely a Ubisoft game. It has a lot of collectibles and there's a cash shop (whatever your opinion is on those).

I think the game is unique though. I've went through at least 20 recruitment missions and not one of them were the same, at least story-wise. They aren't grade A storytelling, but for what is seemingly AI driven, it's a pretty darn cool to experience. I forget what youtuber led me to this, but it's like the nemesis system in shadow of war, but for allies.

So far a 7/10 for me, with the story primarily being the weakness of it. And like all Ubisoft games, if you don't like the main gimmick of the game you won't like the game at all.

I watched a streamer play this game. It looks mediocre.

I liked Watch Dogs 1 because it was a cover-shooter game that was assisted by some [hacking] abilities, and it felt very smooth to control. The story was also very clearly tied to the protagonist and his family, every mission is toward that end.

Watch Dogs 2 was a disappointment. The controls got worse, the hacking abilities were super cheesy, the shooting wasn't really designed for covering and being stealthy without needing the shitty tech abilities, and worst of all the story was some trashy "we're good hackers! Fight the establishment!" generic nonsense. The open world was lame, too. It was an okay game, but it was a downgrade.

Watch Dogs Legion looks somehow even worse. I can't speak to it since I haven't personally played it, but I can't believe Ubisoft recycled Assassin Creed Syndicate "let's liberate London" theme while having multiple playable characters.

There's nothing outright terrible about it but on the other hand there's nothing great about it either.

The biggest thing about the entire game that is supposed to set it apart is the 'nemesis like' system where you have tons of different playable characters with different bonuses and sometimes negatives but you never really need to switch or feel rewarded for doing so. For instance some have the ability to call a cargo drone in anywhere, when the only way to get up to a place or move a crate that is in a way requires a cargo drone? There will always be a cargo drone summon pad nearby and i mean smackdab in the middle of the hostile area not a few buildings away.

So the entire system ends up feeling rather pointless every option is basically equally viable, you can just pick a guy with a automatic rifle and gun your way through the entire thing which feels very odd for a organization that is supposed to be 'good'. There's no penalty at all that i can see, inside a hostile zone you can blast all you want with an assault rifle and you won't get any wanted levels but if you nudge a civilian with a car outside said zones infront of albion npcs they get homicidal and hunt you all over the map until you lose them (which is admittedly extremely easy).

Now I will say I have not finished the game so perhaps this will get better but I'd guess I'm about halfway done by now story mission wise.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ultimately it's more of the same. If you played the first 2 games the missions and gameplay are the same. Lack of protagonist does hurt the story to a degree, but the Pokemon gotta catch em all aspect is probably the best part of the game but even it gets old after a while.

5.5/10

Finished main story a few hours ago. Not great, not bad, average is the best way to describe this game. Average story, average gameplay, great world and level design ( as always ), poorly optimized.

Imagine still buying this game series. Like...WHY? It's the same mediocre game it has always been. This is like Pyranha Bytes making the same Gothic game for 19 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Anrakyr View Post
    Imagine still buying this game series. Like...WHY? It's the same mediocre game it has always been. This is like Pyranha Bytes making the same Gothic game for 19 years now.
    Different people, different tastes.

Even though it was short, I prefered the Aiden Pearce DLC over the main story. Kinda makes me want it to have been the actual game, story wise, compared what we got in Legion.