Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    You could turn ALL that off.. you could literally turn off all the map/directional stuff so you had to puzzle it out by talking to the NPC's

- - - Updated - - -

The entire 'Viking' Schtick was the raiding thing.. Vikings IN Scandi wouldn't have half the appeal I'm afraid
    Why in the world not? There are plenty of land, settlements and myths/lore.

just pre-ordered. The move up for this and new delayed release of CP2077 made the decision easy. Can't wait to go viking on some order of the ancients ass.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Why in the world not? There are plenty of land, settlements and myths/lore.
    I guess it would feel like small villages in The Witcher 3, without the monsters.
    Not uninteresting at all, but it tells different stories than a tale of conquering new territories.

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    I guess it would feel like small villages in The Witcher 3, without the monsters.
    Not uninteresting at all, but it tells different stories than a tale of conquering new territories.
    There where plenty of terretory wars in Scandinavia back then. Also AC has plenty of monsters? :P Small villages is exactly what we are getting most of the time with Valhalla

Sure, yeah - one of the coolest aspects of the latest Assassins Creed game was the recreation of the Greek world, the architecture and the environment. So seeing the Uppsala temple recreated or exploring the vistas of Scandinavia (fjords, bays, mountains etc) would have been cool. But of course the Vikings are more famous for what they did overseas.

Maybe there'll be some DLC for Scandinavia.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Mongols, Ottoman Empire, Persia, India. Basically any asian empire are still left waiting.

So be thankful vikings get something.
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-10-29 at 10:26 AM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Sure, yeah - one of the coolest aspects of the latest Assassins Creed game was the recreation of the Greek world, the architecture and the environment. So seeing the Uppsala temple recreated or exploring the vistas of Scandinavia (fjords, bays, mountains etc) would have been cool. But of course the Vikings are more famous for what they did overseas.

Maybe there'll be some DLC for Scandinavia.
    Agreed, DLC would be nice.. but think about it.. all the nations that are famous etc are that way not for what they had in their 'home base' but for what they did outside of that.. as posted below, Mongols, Ottoman, Persia etc!
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Nothing really noteworthy to link or update mostly rehashed footage in their latest vids. Perhaps we get a launch trailer soon or something.

They did say that some of the future dlc would involve druids, and france (probably the raid against Paris and And some other raid/siege.

Still hyped as fuck though.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah i agree with some posters it will be a damn shame if there isnt some gameplay in scandinavia, norway and sweden/denmark would have some epic places to explore.
    Do you hear the voices too?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Nothing really noteworthy to link or update mostly rehashed footage in their latest vids. Perhaps we get a launch trailer soon or something.

They did say that some of the future dlc would involve druids, and france (probably the raid against Paris and And some other raid/siege.

Still hyped as fuck though.

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah i agree with some posters it will be a damn shame if there isnt some gameplay in scandinavia, norway and sweden/denmark would have some epic places to explore.
    I'm kind of relieved that more people are interested in this game, because not having anyone to talk about it with is kind of disappointing. I'm a bit sad about there not being any one-handed swords in the game though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to skip this until I was done with CB77, but now I got the ultimate edition of ACV. Really enjoyed Origin and Odyssey so really looking forward to this one

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I'm kind of relieved that more people are interested in this game, because not having anyone to talk about it with is kind of disappointing. I'm a bit sad about there not being any one-handed swords in the game though.
    Pretty sure there is or will be one handed swords atleast I've seen npcs with one, I damn hope so anyways but I'm going dual axes I think it's so meaty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    I was going to skip this until I was done with CB77, but now I got the ultimate edition of ACV. Really enjoyed Origin and Odyssey so really looking forward to this one
    Yeah can't wait, not that many good viking games on the market that I can think of last I played was probably viking of Asgard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently a dev confirmed no 1handed swords, which is why I'm bummed out. I just don't like the animations for the axes, unfortunately. They're a little too exaggerated for my liking. I might have to deal with having a 2handed sword until I can get the Heavy Dual Wield skill deep in the bear tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Apparently a dev confirmed no 1handed swords, which is why I'm bummed out. I just don't like the animations for the axes, unfortunately. They're a little too exaggerated for my liking. I might have to deal with having a 2handed sword until I can get the Heavy Dual Wield skill deep in the bear tree.
    Yeah that is pretty damn wierd as one handed swords are probably the most common weapon but oh well. Still axes all the way

Yeah that is pretty damn wierd as one handed swords are probably the most common weapon but oh well. Still axes all the way
    swords were not a common weapon, they were a status symbol
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    unlike what is shown in Hollywood movies and such, axes and spears were mostly used back then because swords were expensive to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    The scope of the game is much smaller than Odyssey, so I wouldn't hold your breath on that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    swords were not a common weapon, they were a status symbol
    Perhaps only npc's use them then, pretty wierd anyways to not include them.

I played the 1st Assassin Creed and the one with Ezio Auditore in Florence, idk if it was the second almost a decade ago.
    Does the games have the same playstyle now?

Quote Originally Posted by locketto View Post
    I played the 1st Assassin Creed and the one with Ezio Auditore in Florence, idk if it was the second almost a decade ago.
    Does the games have the same playstyle now?
    They are similar with some important differences.

The game has moved away from "assassin" to more of a brawler but you can still feel like an assassin and play that way if you wish despite what some will say.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

only 7 full day left

my body and mind are ready !!! DANG !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dawon View Post
    Gonna be a busy winter.... Shadowlands, Valhalla, Dying Light 2 and Cyberpunk 2077.... suck that I have like 2 max 3 hrs avg per day to play, damn you SL you should have been release for Xmas! :P
    yeah its stupid, shadowland, valhallah and cyberpunk all released together in november/december