Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Its me or just for the first time pre-patch become harder ?

I feel the damage is low now to solo Elite or doing horrific vision before could kinda easily to solo 5 masks but now its kind hard or i need to tryhard alot to solo 5 masks :s , also i have asked random ppl in chat + friends they feel the same , there always things become easier in pre-patch but not this time

It's largely because Corruptions made up such a large percentage of our damage output that losing them is really punishing for some classes. Shadowlands changes make a big difference for some classes too. Earlier pre-patches also hugely nerfed most content to give the people who missed out a chance to jump in with less of a gear requirement. I'm not actually sure if Ny'alotha got a similar nerf or not but losing Corruptions would still outweigh a 20% damage/hp nerf for content that was designed around people having them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashcry86 View Post
    I feel the damage is low now to solo Elite or doing horrific vision before could kinda easily to solo 5 masks but now its kind hard or i need to tryhard alot to solo 5 masks :s , also i have asked random ppl in chat + friends they feel the same , there always things become easier in pre-patch but not this time
    I think you got it backwards, my bro. We've almost always gotten weaker in prepatched. We lose powers and abilities. Moves get retuned to the power level of the new cap (frenzied regen being a prominent example).
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

you should try a mythic island expedition and see how that feels .

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    It's largely because Corruptions made up such a large percentage of our damage output that losing them is really punishing for some classes. Shadowlands changes make a big difference for some classes too. Earlier pre-patches also hugely nerfed most content to give the people who missed out a chance to jump in with less of a gear requirement. I'm not actually sure if Ny'alotha got a similar nerf or not but losing Corruptions would still outweigh a 20% damage/hp nerf for content that was designed around people having them.
    Raid is nerfed to the ground. You even have to stop dmg on mythic Nzoth to have secret phase (its better to play it)

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Raid is nerfed to the ground. You even have to stop dmg on mythic Nzoth to have secret phase (its better to play it)
    "to the ground" perhaps not quite. In previous expansions that was the case. I remember back in WoD pre-patch we roflstomped through entire Mythic SoO while having barely killed the first boss before that (guild was just re-forming at that point)

Additionally they do have stated that Nyalotha was re-balanced for the lack of corruption, since it was designed with corruption in mind, much other content however was not, since it existed before corruption, and thus not rebalanced to be easier.

Might be class dependant. My class (WL) feels way stronger now. At least in outdoor content.

depends on the class you play and ilvl , some of my toons have more problems then others .

It's harder and killing NPCs takes longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashcry86 View Post
    this happens when content is tuned with borrowed powers in mind and suddenly they dissapear.

It's not the first time, it always happens with a squish, and this is the third stat squish now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it depends on the class more than on corruption level.

I say this after I got Mad World while at 0 corruption because, even if the corrupted bonuses were good, I absolutely hate being slowed down randomly and having to move out of make-pretend void zones, so I just got rid of it all.

But I play hunter so that made things easier.

5masks on my priest feels a bit easier now than before, but maybe it depends on the spec.

Tell that to the people who are clearing M +32 keys
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Might be class dependant. My class (WL) feels way stronger now. At least in outdoor content.
    Meanwhile quite a few rares I could just burn down on my Arcane Mage now kill me when they're at 50% health - and this Mage had next to no corrupted gear, so it's not even the loss of corruptions. The rares just plain hit harder and have more health relative to characters.

My woefully badly geared Frost DK has the same experience, except being able to heal their way through the damage so they don't die but just take ages to kill stuff that shouldn't be that hard.

My well-geared toons don't find it too bad, just slower on the high-health rares, but there's definitely been a nerf to a lot of character's power.

play beast hunter, you'll see real power actually

Quote Originally Posted by flowski View Post
    you should try a mythic island expedition and see how that feels .
    Yeah, Island expedition scaling has definitely gone wrong. Even in heroics I die regularly during pulls. Already reported it week 1, nothing changed till now.

Also the prepatch seems to have messed up aggro ranges. I could easily sneak through Legion Karazhan's opera before for my weekly Attumen runs, now I always pull the audience members.
    And don't even get me started on Garrison invasions. They really fucked those up. Always have to get a guild mate for platinum now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    "to the ground" perhaps not quite. In previous expansions that was the case. I remember back in WoD pre-patch we roflstomped through entire Mythic SoO while having barely killed the first boss before that (guild was just re-forming at that point)

Additionally they do have stated that Nyalotha was re-balanced for the lack of corruption, since it was designed with corruption in mind, much other content however was not, since it existed before corruption, and thus not rebalanced to be easier.
    Blizzard and balance pffft what joke that is

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember the 2.0 prepatch. Dueling people on my mage, letting my new water ele solo people in duels.. Glorious.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Some stuff definitely feels harder, especially for classes that don't have much in the way of self-heals or mitigation.

Outdated raids seem fine - I've roflstomped my way through all the regulars that I run for mog/mounts etc. So at least they got that right.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.