Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    FThere's generally at least a few open world builds that work with just the base class (no need for HoT/PoF specs), and even if you're poor you can whip up a set of yellow gear on the cheap that will be plenty functional. Guides are pretty decent, though I'm not sure how up to date they are.
    But on the cheap still means getting gold, and that means doing content, which I suck at doing etc etc.

WoW is keeping me well and truly occupied, and happy to have GW2 as a game I stopped playing because I was bad and not because it was bad

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    But on the cheap still means getting gold, and that means doing content, which I suck at doing etc etc.
    Yellow (Rare) gear is generally super cheap, around 1G or less a pop in NA. Green (Masterwork) gear which is functional when starting a new set/build is even cheaper, ranging from 5 silver to up to a gold or so. Plus there are often multiple pieces of gear with the same stats on it, so you can choose the cheapest version.

WoW is keeping me well and truly occupied, and happy to have GW2 as a game I stopped playing because I was bad and not because it was bad
    Fair, just providing some options in case the mood to play ever strikes you again. If not, then keep on enjoying and being truly occupied with WoW : )

15+ Year Old Account
    No Holy Trinity. I know its not for everyone, but the roles are too loose. Everyone just swinging for what its worth *shrugs. Too simple for my tastes.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    No Holy Trinity. I know its not for everyone, but the roles are too loose. Everyone just swinging for what its worth *shrugs. Too simple for my tastes.
    As someone who raids, does T4 fractals,and did a ton of organized WvW/PvP before that it hurts every time someone says this game has no roles.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I can certainly be wrong, since I don't really keep up on video games as much as I used to. I'm all for every option being available to the consumer, so don't mind being wrong.

That said, I did mean big scale launches, not sure if Ashes of Creation fits, but a Microsoft launch would. Amazon had something also, but it was a bit askew of traditional MMO's. Either way, we'll see how everything shakes out I suppose.
    If Ashes of Creation is going to be as big as the Dev team says it will most likely be biggest MMO launch since WoW. Best part in that game is that it's not sponsored by some moneygrabbin soulless company instead the guy who have sponsored the game (he has put millions in the game) is actually also personally leading the dev team. He is a gamer making a dream MMO he wants to play and so far his dream MMO seem to be what other players dream too. He has amazing ideas and prefers for oldschool, RPG and multiplayer elements over things like LFD/Token/Only progression is gear/play alone and solo 80% of the content etc.

Anyway time will tell how it goes, they have actually reached playable living world state already but it requires alot more detailing and fixes still. They also live stream events where they show new stuff added in the game and listen feedback from testers and viewers.

Amazon MMO is pretty big flop if it's not getting radical changes and more content. Same goes for many smaller MMOs / Korean MMOs that are in the making currently.

Gold/ in game currency is account wide, so if you enjoyed playing you could start a new character and earn money while leveling on that character and use it on your higher level character.

Also, if it's something you really wanted to try, you can pay real money for the gems and convert those to gold. It's WAY worth it IMO as it's far more time effective than trying to farm that much money yourself. And you'd really only need to do it once, spending maybe ~$5-10 because unless you're trying to get hardcore into crafting, you really don't need money for anything.

I played a character to max level at the start, but I just didn't like it very much, so never considered coming back.

From what I recall, since it was so many years ago, I didn't feel like any ability had any impact and the combat system in general was just wonky. And the crafting system was either grind things for literally years or purchase it with real-life money, I think. Could be mistaken about that though.

Sprite Darter's transmog.
    When someone says that women can not join a raid there's only one question left.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They raid without healers?

I dont know the reason why
    Past few times I have reinstalled, logged in.. I have just, roamed very closeby, killed a couple enemies then logged out. Just feels boring instantly

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    I dont know the reason why
    Past few times I have reinstalled, logged in.. I have just, roamed very closeby, killed a couple enemies then logged out. Just feels boring instantly
    I think if you have done a lot of exploration and content, it quickly becomes stale. When lockdown happened, I did help mentor a lot of new F2P players in Shaemoor all the way to their first fractal. It seems fun, I do log in from time to time, because I have friends who play the game and live very far away from me, it's a nice way to "hang out" and do some content, or just a fancy chat simulator .

I will admit, farming and crafting my first and only legendary burned me out.

It took me 5 minutes to buy my legendary with my credit card a few years ago, but I can't justify buying the expansion just to play again now. Also whenever I log in I feel punished for not having played consistently, like having to buy story that would've been free had I just played.

GW2 is a good game and really the only worthy competitor WoW ever had in the west, but not that great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Last time I tried to play I seem to recall the intro zone was either different or something. Didn't feel the same.

Also cba spending money on expansions I may never get round to playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antitrauma View Post
    I think if you have done a lot of exploration and content, it quickly becomes stale. When lockdown happened, I did help mentor a lot of new F2P players in Shaemoor all the way to their first fractal. It seems fun, I do log in from time to time, because I have friends who play the game and live very far away from me, it's a nice way to "hang out" and do some content, or just a fancy chat simulator .
    My thing is, I enjoy the gameplay and running around, and log in nearly every day to run around and hit a quick checklist. The problem is, goals. The new chapters/ episodes/ whatevers are tedious rather than engaging at times. The Charr valley with the rock concert events was more fun than any of the serious stuff that followed. Dense mobs covering a string of tedious achievements and boring group events.

I will admit, farming and crafting my first and only legendary burned me out.
    I passively accumulate Legendary materials. So far I've made 3, but I don't bother keeping them, just sell them. So between the monthly boxes, the various dungeon token items and enough laurels to get most of the mats, the only grinding I need to do is the WvWvW reward track for that item, which takes a couple days depending.

But, I don't really like PvP or Fractals, and that sort of bars me from getting the newer Legendaries that I might actually like. I hated that sort of forced play in WoW, and still hate it in GW2.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I have just finished getting a character to 77 and then stopped again. It really bothers me that there is no small group pve content that is not the equivalent of Mythic + and that's a shame. Beyond that, I could have spent eons just wondering around and doing things in the game, the outdoors content is perhaps the best (along with ESO) in current western MMOs for my taste. I might check it again later when I feel like levelling another character without doing any dungeons

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know anyone who plays it, and it's been.. 4-5 years since I last did it. I remember getting at least rogue and mage class thing to max, and getting the "best"(?) Pvp sets on them. Not sure if that was actual gear or just transmogs stuff tho..
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    there is no small group pve content that is not the equivalent of Mythic + and that's a shame.
    Fractals actually came out way before D3's GR system and WoW's Mythic+. Anyway, they are not exact equivalent as there is no timer if that's what you didn't like about M+. There are bounties, which are open world champions with random affixes, doable with 3-5 people. And the upcoming patch will add dragon response missions, 1-5 man content.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

What's stopping me? A bazillion paid chapters and DLCs and expansions to get up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Fractals actually came out way before D3's GR system and WoW's Mythic+. Anyway, they are not exact equivalent as there is no timer if that's what you didn't like about M+. There are bounties, which are open world champions with random affixes, doable with 3-5 people. And the upcoming patch will add dragon response missions, 1-5 man content.
    I am well aware of the timelines mate, I just said Mythic+ purely because on this webpage it is something that everyone would understand, apologies for any confusion. Also, it's not just the timer that bothers me, even though that is a big factor for my dislike of the system in WoW, it's the multiple difficulties of the same content and the random affixes on top. I personally much prefer the "traditional" style of dungeons that are probably never coming back in GW2 at least, while the Fractals and equivalents are a very popular system in more and more MMOs in general nowadays, so it is what it is.

As for the rest, it depends on the implementation, but I imagine I would need to buy the expansion. That's not an issue in itself, but it would be good if I could try it in advance.

Thanks for the update btw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I don't know anyone who plays it, and it's been.. 4-5 years since I last did it. I remember getting at least rogue and mage class thing to max, and getting the "best"(?) Pvp sets on them. Not sure if that was actual gear or just transmogs stuff tho..
    The game has no pvp sets since you can freely select your pvp stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post

But, I don't really like PvP or Fractals, and that sort of bars me from getting the newer Legendaries that I might actually like. I hated that sort of forced play in WoW, and still hate it in GW2.
    Only the first 4 gen 2 legendaries require fractals iirc. The rest or very flexible you can go the HoT of PoF route and farm the required tokens across a number of maps. Gen 2 legendaries take A LOT more materials to make than gen 1 legendaries though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Only the first 4 gen 2 legendaries require fractals iirc. The rest or very flexible you can go the HoT of PoF route and farm the required tokens across a number of maps. Gen 2 legendaries take A LOT more materials to make than gen 1 legendaries though.
    Yeah, they do require the pvp tokens though. So I kind of ignored them.

Amusingly, I did craft Save The Queen a while back since I liked the look.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."