... VAR is so useless. Goalkeeper gets fouled, penalty awarded anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    ... VAR is so useless. Goalkeeper gets fouled, penalty awarded anyway.
    VAR is useful but money > VAR

Liverpool got lucky

Know this thread is pretty dead but hopefully champions league brings out a few people.

Rashford bringing some joy to football with the now not so obvious whispers of a super league thanks to bartomeu rage quiting barcelona and throwing out that little "oh btw". He may actually be the most hated man in barcelona.

No wonder they want to get rid of lower level cups and make the league 18 teams.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    My attitude is just dead to football this season. We've not played bad in any game just can't score. Probably going down and it gets me down and well i just can't get excited with that especially with current situation. Only thing keeping me slightly happy is Wednesdays falling apart even worse than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Know this thread is pretty dead but hopefully champions league brings out a few people.

Rashford bringing some joy to football with the now not so obvious whispers of a super league thanks to bartomeu rage quiting barcelona and throwing out that little "oh btw". He may actually be the most hated man in barcelona.

No wonder they want to get rid of lower level cups and make the league 18 teams.
    Wanting to remove the lower lvl cups like League cup is ludicrous and is something only the big teams care about. The big teams have forgotten what cups like that can mean to the smaller clubs. They could have a once in a lifetime experience, get some welcomed money and play for a trophy.

But no, the big teams and theyre managers(Especially Klopp) whines like little babies about to many matches. Like ANYONE is denying Klopp to send out full B(C,D,F) team in the "not important" cups.

What we can see happen is this:
    League cup removed.
    Fewer teams in the top flight.
    --
    New cup added for the big teams.
    =
    End up with same amount of matches like before, but more money for the clubs that think they deserve it. Leaving out the smaller clubs from great experiences in a cup.

Football just feels so bad when there are no fans at the stadium. Games feel rushed, quality seems to be down due to fatigue.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's indeed not the same without the fans, but it's a reality we're going to have to live with for a while I'd imagine, especially with covid hitting a 2nd wave in most European countries at the moment. I can't see fans in stadium's before 2021/2022 season at the earliest, or maybe Euro 2020 (or 2021).

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally with games in a shortened schedule so quickly after the last one ended, a lack of atmosphere with fans and the whole state of things, I find it very difficult to get into football right now.

But last night was a joy to watch. On their day, this United team can beat anyone. The key is consistency.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Think I say this every year, but my love for Football seems to diminish every year.

A loss used to ruin my weekend.
    A win used to keep me buzzing for days.

Nowadays, I laugh when we lose and get over a win within hours.

Growing up or losing interest?
    Not sure.

One thing that will get me back into things is seeing the crowd roar when the CL anthem plays out. Fans really do make the game and the sooner they return, the better.

P.S This thread is dead AF. Need some banter back in here.

5+ Year Old Account
    Tottenham 1-0 down against Antwerp... could it be

(Antwerp has one more player than Tottenham that won one a PL title btw)

Wtf we won
    Last edited by Mazza; 2020-10-29 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Tottenham 1-0 down against Antwerp... could it be

(Antwerp has one more player than Tottenham that won one a PL title btw)
    How many more than Man Utd?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with everyone saying how sterile and dull football is with no spectators. Its even worse if youre watching a game that your team is not playing, Spurs have scored 36 goals this season and I can barely remember 1 of them. Most of the time feels like Im watching a friendly or training session.

Theres been some awesome goals this season but without the crowd reaction they are barely memorable. Even the players barely celebrate and so many fans I know have a "who cares?" attitude.

And as for the premier leagues new pay per view,,,fuck them!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you ever want to see a clear example of matchfixing you should watch Feyenoord v Wolfsberger

Cant embed the video, so here is a link

https://amp.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...penalty_calls/
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2020-10-30 at 04:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    How many more than Man Utd?
    Two less.

Technically Spurs have as many as Antwerp, but their one PL winner sits on the bench.

15+ Year Old Account
    So yeah, someone please explain those subs because I for the life of me can't figure out wtf went through Ole's head.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    So yeah, someone please explain those subs because I for the life of me can't figure out wtf went through Ole's head.
    I think it's been clear pretty much since he took over that he's just wingin' it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I think it's been clear pretty much since he took over that he's just wingin' it.
    I mean, Pogba was having a nightmare of a game, so who does he take off? Fernandes. Yeah, no one really had a good game but still... urgh.

Remind me again the point of VAR, what a fucking joke...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Ole is like a FIFA 20 manager, he doesnt seem to do more than pick 11 players with the best stats and forgets that maybe you need a team and tactics, Arteta made him look stupid today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great in the cups, shit in the league. I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleycat View Post
    Remind me again the point of VAR, what a fucking joke...
    In England, the point of VAR is to get people angry so they call for the removal and then the FA/Premier league can turn around and go "See told you it was shit, never mind we implemented it in a way to be confusing and make you angry."