Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I didn't get called out in shit you should at least read what's going on before interjecting yourself into it

- - - Updated - - -
    I wasnt talking about you, but it speaks volumes that you feel attacked.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Look man I ain't trying to get all super technical with the finer details of it all I couldn't care less tbh all I was saying that it's no reason to attack the guy just because he assumed the buff would last until the prepatch event (aka something else to do finally) was released. That's not bad logic to be honest as far as assumptions go. Too many people try to be dicks just for the sake of it(not saying you were specifically).
    Yeah I guess it was being to pedantic anyway. Not like this convo matters. The buff only lasted through October and not pre-patch haha.

15+ Year Old Account
    You quoted me while copying basically what I said as such? Who exactly were you talking to then lmao

Man this thread is cancer hoooly
    You seem a little on edge? As far as I saw you were the first person to call someone a dick. The others simply pointed out that the OP was wrong, as Blizzard clearly stated the buff would last for the whole month of October, not up to SL release or SL pre-patch release.

Go cool off a bit or something

You know exactly what he means why be an obtuse dick about it?
    The experience buff was slated to last until the prepatch.
    The experience buff ended on Oct 13th.
    Ergo, Oct 13th was the prepatch.

The rep buff was slated to end in October, then it was extended to end in November.
    The rep buff ended Nov 1st.
    Ergo, the rep buff ended when it was scheduled to end.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    It was my understanding that it would last until SL or SL prepatch. Neither of which has yet started...
    SL prepatch was weeks ago and the buff was extended to last til the end of October.

This Pre-patch was nothing more then a glorified Hotfix, personally Id just let the exp/rep buff roll on til the day before SL drops considering theres fuck all to do currently..

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    This Pre-patch was nothing more then a glorified Hotfix, personally Id just let the exp/rep buff roll on til the day before SL drops considering theres fuck all to do currently..
    I mean, it’s not but.. you do you.

Pre-patches are always a little slow going until the events start anyway.

You know exactly what he means why be an obtuse dick about it?
    Because he's wrong. SL prepatch started 13th Oct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Damn, I wish every hotfix changed the gameplay for pretty much every class.

Pre-patch is the event and has always been correlated as such, so it would make sense to have the rep buff hold until there are actually new things to do in the game. That logic is not incorrect, even though you all are oh so quick to point out that technically the pre-patch is here and blah blah blah yea good for you you can read a number on the bottom-left corner of the screen upon login that wasn't what he was talking about..

Too many people just love to skip over the point of a message in order to attack the wording of it
    Except the statement was false. The statement was "Prepatch hasn't started yet.". It is a fact that prepatch has started. It started Oct 13th. You can't expect people to read minds. You can't say one thing and then claim another thing was said and expect to be taken seriously. If you meant the prepatch event then day the prepatch event. The prepatch event is another thing entirely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    It was my understanding that it would last until SL or SL prepatch. Neither of which has yet started...
    It was ment to stop 1st Oct, but they extended it by a month since SL got delayed.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-11-01 at 09:50 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

They said that it was going to last until the end of October... I don't know where your understanding came from, but it was wrong.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318297/...hrough-october

I'm talking about the real prepatch that still hasnt started.
    They split it up in two parts. The Prepatch is Live right now, but the "Prepatch Event", which you refer to as the "prepatch" is released November 10th/11th,

Oh idk, just every single prepatch in the past? Yes pre-patches are to bring in the shiny new systems and functions from the new expansion into live, but it's also about transitioning the story into the new expansion, which is and always has been done through pre-patch ''events''
    The main purpose is the system update. The event is secondary and nearly always started later than the patch. You're not going to convince anybody like this.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Pre-patch is the event and has always been correlated as such, so it would make sense to have the rep buff hold until there are actually new things to do in the game. That logic is not incorrect, even though you all are oh so quick to point out that technically the pre-patch is here and blah blah blah yea good for you you can read a number on the bottom-left corner of the screen upon login that wasn't what he was talking about..

Too many people just love to skip over the point of a message in order to attack the wording of it
    Only the wod pre patch event started with the pre patch release, pre patches have never been defined by the events.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it was posted on the front page on October 1st:
    Impressive Influence Returns
    The Impressive Influence reputation buff has returned and will remain active until the end of October.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    Impressive Influence

• The Impressive Influence 100% reputation buff has returned and will continue through the entirety of October.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

I'm talking about the real prepatch that still hasnt started.
    It did start. YOu are on 9.0.1. That is the real pre-patch.