Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by daisyheadmayzie View Post
    No, this is the perfect example of, I never asked for this to begin with.

Those people who hate leveling are happy with this change.

I don't, so I never asked for leveling to be reduced to this.

- - - Updated - - -

I reject your hypothesis.
    I mean by saying that it's obvious you aren't living in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You didn't get to do WoD start to finish when it was actual WoD, either.

As someone already said, you can't please everyone. Someone will always think leveling is too fast, too slow, too boring, too exciting, too easy, too hard, too WHATEVER. They made a decision to switch things to a new normal, because they predict it will lead the most amount of pleased customers past, present, and future. If they lose some along the way, they're fine with that.
    I said that in a post before you replied here. The person who started the thread is making hyperbole about not even finishing the first zone of WoD before 50 or one of the subsequent replies said it. Also, big difference in what I said about hitting level cap before Nagrand and doing 50 levels before the third zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    It's incredibly possible to deny that leveling is too fast, because it's not. New and average players aren't hitting 10 hours of leveling without following something like Azeroth Auto Pilot, and then that's on them. it took me like 17+ hours as an experienced player to play through BFA side Horde stuff because, surprise surprise, I took my time, read quests, watched cutscenes, and didn't rush things, much like newer or more casual players do. I could actually follow a story without jumping around and didn't have to abruptly leave zones and empty my quest log, and it all contributed towards allied races so I was unlocking them while leveling, essentially killing two birds with one stone, where as before I would go 110-120 before finishing a single BFA zone. Earlier levels in the old system were worse, you basically choose between the first half of a few expansion starting zones for entire level brackets which kinda really sucked. 80-85 for me always just the first half of Hyjal or Vashj, both zones I absolutely despise at this point and will gladly never do again.
    I resonate with this so much. I skipped BFA completely and have just come back for the pre-patch, currently leveling a new Orc Warrior through Zuldazar, taking my time, it's quick but not 10-hours quick. I'm just reading the quests and enjoying the experience.

Conversely I've been leveling a warlock in Classic and I gave up because of boredom around level 20. Haven't got it in me any more. Maybe in 2005, but certainly not in 2020.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by slalmon View Post
    I just wish they would let you chromie time at 50 so you can scale at cap, I really don't get why they don't want to do that.
    I would guess that they want you to do what will be current content at 50 when SL drops. Otherwise you could possibly have people who dont set foot in SL due to chromie time and leveling in old content. I could be wrong but that is my theory
    I can't wait to watch your ego bleed
    Your pain will set me free

Stitched Up Heart

leveling is the best it's ever been. I have leveled 3 characters to 1-50 in this. actually so enjoyable. Forget the days where leveling was a journey that is gone. Right now is perfect.

If you like leveling, WoW is not for you. Leveling is something that takes 5-6 hours and then its off to end game.

It will never be too fast for some.
    If you personally feel its too fast, try a leveling challenge.

I have been absolutely loving doing them with how fast actual leveling is now, because I feel like I can focus on the challenge without having to spend months on the toon to accomplish it.

Been working on a Nomad challenge with a Leatherworking focus with the plan to make a bunch of items I don't have for transmog, including things like the green, blue, and black dragon scale gear.

I'm 3 days played into the character and only just reached 300 skinning and 300 Leatherworking, and am only 36 haha...
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Yeah you gain like 5 levels just going through the Tanaan Jungle intro experience. That video that was posted yesterday with the guy speedleveling from 10-50, he hit like Tanaan Jungle, Silverpine Forest, Hillsbrad Foothills, Gorgrond and then some of Talador, Spires of Arak and Stonetalon Mountains, and he was done. It doesn't look like you can really level through any expansion completely, certainly not if you wanna do a dungeon here or there or maybe some island expeditions.
    I never did to begin with tho. Even in the old system for BC I would do hellfire and half of zang and be done. Wrath id do the same

Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    We have entered into a more Modern World of Warcraft.

No longer is needed to take days to level to max level. Gone are the days where it took days to level to max.

Of course, some would say it's been like that since Mists of Pandaria or Cataclysm or after Wrath of the Lich King is when Modern World of Warcraft started. Or when Heirlooms (with xp gain) were introduced.

I think this pretty much sums up World of Warcraft now:

- If you want to take days and/or months to level, that is what Classic is for. Classic is about the journey.
    - If you want to level to max in three days, then Retail is for you.

2005 World of Warcraft is dead and gone.

Modern World of Warcraft is here forever: Dungeon Finder, Premade Groups Finder, Raid Finder, Portal Rooms in Capitals, Convenience, Heirlooms, Pet Battles, Cross Realm Servers, Connected Realms, Linked Auction Houses, No Social Community whatsoever :P
    Heirlooms were added with Wrath.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by MatPandaZ View Post
    I'm honestly a little confused. They wanted it so you could level more through an expansion but on my char in WoD I'm level 40 and just leaving the WoD starting zone (where your garrison is). By the time I've got half way through the second zone (if that) I'll be 50. It doesn't feel like much has changed really.
    You are correct but I bet you are using those 10% xp potions, warmode, the anniversary thing too... And I bet pretty much everyone else is too (maybe not everyone uses warmode due to a false fear that it's a gank fest). They are options for anyone who just wants to get to max level.

I'm currently levelling and have done, Exiles' reach, Tanaan jungle WOD intro, the early part of Frostfire (basically until you get the quest to upgade garrison to level 2 and get the 1st follower), all of Silverpine forest. I'm not level 32. This is with all the xp boosting things I mentioned in the 1st paragraph.

Take away all those things I decided to do before starting Silverpine forest, war mode and the 16% anniversary xp boos item and i'd expect to be able to fully clear about 3 full zones of any given expansion before hitting 50. Not a full xpac experience but a decent chunk.

And lets be real even when current content you'd often be max level by the time you hit the last couple of zones of an xpac. Pretty sure I was max level by the time I hit dread wastes in MOP and before I hit Icecrown in WOTLK for example.

No, this is the perfect example of, I never asked for this to begin with.

Those people who hate leveling are happy with this change.

I don't, so I never asked for leveling to be reduced to this.

- - - Updated - - -

I reject your hypothesis.
    You can reject it all you want and you would be wrong.

If you want a slow leveling experience you should try out TBC or Wrath. I'm 22 hours played level 39. Obviously if you choose your WoD speedleveling route you rush through levels quite fast and that's ok.

It's just not possible to deny, with a leveling time of around 10 hours, even if you're taking your time, it's just way too fast. It might not be too fast for you if you hate leveling and just want to be done with it. But as far as making leveling an actually compelling experience, making the act of creating a character and taking him on a journey actually exciting, especially in regards to the new player experiencing this for the first time, it's not achieving what they claimed they wanted to do.
    I think the new system of choosing an XP to level from 10 to 50 is a fine compromise to the old systems of just barely touching the beginning before moving to the next XP.

Is 10 hours too short? Possibly. I do not think it would be a good idea to make a player complete each zones to reach max level. Even when the expansion is currently, players did not have to complete every zone to reach max level.

Finally, a player does not have to stop once they reach max level. They can continue to questing. Instead of getting experience points, they receives gold as a rewards. I did that in past with some experience packs.

7+ Year Old Account
    You people thats ay leveling is too fast need to gtfo and go back and play classic... done ranting,,,
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Slow leveling might be cool for a new player, for everyone else it sucks.

It feels just about right if you take it easy.
    And by that i mean; if you don't optimize just about anything you do with things like optimal path, full rested XP and heirlooms.

I played trough the WoD (which seems to be the topic of most of these complainers) on my last alt.
    I got trough frostfire ridge, gorgrond, spires of arak and most of nagrand when i hit level 50.
    I even played 1 dungeon over the course of the experience. (Without it I would probably have finished Nagrand also)

It seems pretty close to the experience it took me to level my main in WoD, at release.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacin9 View Post
    You can't really balance a 5-level expansion with a 10-level expansion.
    You actually can; what makes it feel this is an issue is actually that older expansions don't have optimized questing paths (no taxi) or quests.
    Some of them are just outdated, with ridiculous expectations (based on low drop-chances).
    Last edited by Zmagoslav; 2020-11-02 at 06:11 AM.

Leveling in this game can't take long, it's simply too shit to force people to endure it for 20+ hours. It's not 1998 anymore, casting 20 Frostbolts to kill a minion isn't engaging anymore, fighting against minions that don't do anything other than autoattacking you for 2% of your life isn't engaging, taking 20 minutes to walk from one end of the zone to another isn't engaging anymore. That shit might be a solid selling point to a couple of oldschool nerds, but it sure as fuck isn't a selling point to younger generations anymore.

I think there should be a shift in making that content feel more relevant doing at max level than increasing the time it takes to level.

One of the problems mentioned by Blizzard was that when there were 120 levels, each level just flew by so quickly, there wasn't really any chance of trying out your abilities at a reasonable pace. The pacing was completely off. You have 120 levels, but each of them just meant so little, as levels would just be raining down from the sky. No chance for gaining a level to actually feel meaningful. And that was already the case with just the heirloom experience bonuses, before the Winds of Wisdom buff.

Check back here with what they said regarding this
    https://youtu.be/6OHDAwg-Tw4?t=899

Now they've reduced levels by more than half. Perfect time to tune the pacing of leveling. But what does the pacing look like? Levels still fly by really fast. We now have way fewer levels, and gaining a level is still trivial because you spend mere minutes on each level. Had they actually wanted to make gaining levels more meaningful, they should've increased the time it takes to gain each individual level.

It's just not possible to deny, with a leveling time of around 10 hours, even if you're taking your time, it's just way too fast. It might not be too fast for you if you hate leveling and just want to be done with it. But as far as making leveling an actually compelling experience, making the act of creating a character and taking him on a journey actually exciting, especially in regards to the new player experiencing this for the first time, it's not achieving what they claimed they wanted to do.
    get the most people to max level the fastest so the endgame content can be enjoyed by more people sooner. why do you have an issue with this?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    this thread proves that people will quite literally complain about anything