Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    You can literally do just that right now but by switching xp on and off every hour or so. That’s literally your fix. People asking for slower leveling have an option to do just that. Also, if is the questing you like, you can just quest more if you hit end level. It’s really not that hard to understand. This game isn’t about leveling anymore and hasn’t been for years, I’m sorry to break the news to you.
    A flimsy excuse. Is it a real system, if I need to go back every now and then. Time it that I dont forget it. Add other logistic problems. This is dumb.

Compare that to an actual option. Turn it on once and be done with it.

This is why the entire matter is undiscussable. People are just offering foolish solutions that are not really solutions even if they technically work.

edit: While I did say 50% that would allow me to do one or two expansions worth of content. What if I wanted to do the entire thing it used to be? Level trough cata revamped zones? Even doing that will get you from 1-50 atm. Then go to tbc, do 1-3 zones. Wotlk, several zones. Cata, hyjal usually does it. MoP, jade forest usually does it. WoD, most of it. Legion, most of it. Bfa, Most of it?

How much slower i should get xp to do that? 90% How of often should I run back to turn off and on xp to do that? All the time, if I want to gain any levels at all. You dont level if oyu dont get xp.
    Last edited by Morae; 2020-11-03 at 12:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Fast leveling is fine. It was like that in Wrath too because there was only 2 expacs, all the holiday buffs were in, glyphs were in, there was no scaling, monsters didn't have 999999999 HP.
    But WotlK dungeons were on the difficult/slog side, so once you actually got to end game, good luck.

Today's end game has so many difficulties I don't see a point in dragging out the leveling process, it's like endless tutorial mode.
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-11-03 at 12:55 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    First it's too slow. Now it's too fast. Make up your fucking minds people!

You're killing me smalls..

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    Fast leveling is fine. It was like that in Wrath too because there was only 2 expacs, all the holiday buffs were in, glyphs were in, there was no scaling, monsters didn't have 999999999 HP.
    But WotlK dungeons were on the difficult/slog side, so once you actually got to end game, good luck.

Today's end game has so many difficulties I don't see a point in dragging out the leveling process, it's like endless tutorial mode.
    I agree very much with the second part - endgame is so multifaceted now, with layers upon layers of "progression" systems which are essentially the ACTUAL leveling process and where you character advances. Leveling in the traditional sense has simply become a way to tell story in a controlled manor, and "force" players to complete certain tasks required to best equip them to complete the ACTUAL character advancements.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Disconnect in your mind leveling with the story progression if you can.

Do you enjoy the mechanic of levels, or do you actually enjoy progressing through the story and zones?

Now....think about what happens if Blizzard removes leveling and puts all that story progress into the level capped part of the game and uses that content there as part of your end game progression.
    I enjoy both. I do enjoy exploring a new zone, finding the treasures, the beautiful artwork, the quests, npcs, the story etc. I suppose that part doesn't have to be tied to leveling--although I didn't find GW2 endgame fun since you never went anywhere. I do like that Legion had Suramar/Argus and BFA had Najatar/Mechagon. I'd definitely be down for more of those, but I suspect they take a lot of work to produce.

I also enjoy gaining new abilities/stats/talents and becoming stronger as I level. Granted, the latter hasn't been part of leveling since WoD (at least chromie time fixes that!). I'd rather gain my power during leveling than endgame like we used too. I genuinely enjoyed putting 1 point into crit or w/e--never understood why we can't have both the pre-mop and post-mop talent trees. One of the reasons I liked the legion artifact weapo.

The thing is... I don't think we'd get near as many zones or quests if we didn't have to level through them. It's the one content everyone has to do, so Blizzard can dump a lot of time/resources into it (and they usually knock the zones art out of the park).

Leveling is just too fast
    It's a data driven decision rather than something spontaneous. Blizzard saw how popular recent XP buff was that's why they went this road.

Personally I would love the opportunity to be able to finish entire campaign before getting so rudely interrupted and ported out. It's kinda heart breaking when you are being forced out the moment you hit the max level. I would love to be able to stay and legitimately carry on with the game for nostalgia and lore reasons.

Sure, Blizzard wants your presence in current content. But allowing players to finish campaign is also something people would love to do. Fingers crossed if they can pull this off.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    It's a data driven decision rather than something spontaneous. Blizzard saw how popular recent XP buff was that's why they went this road.

Personally I would love the opportunity to be able to finish entire campaign before getting so rudely interrupted and ported out. It's kinda heart breaking when you are being forced out the moment you hit the max level. I would love to be able to stay and legitimately carry on with the game for nostalgia and lore reasons.

Sure, Blizzard wants your presence in current content. But allowing players to finish campaign is also something people would love to do. Fingers crossed if they can pull this off.
    I know it's annoying to get ported back, but can't you just take a portal & headback to where you just were once dinging 50?

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    A flimsy excuse. Is it a real system, if I need to go back every now and then. Time it that I dont forget it. Add other logistic problems. This is dumb.

Compare that to an actual option. Turn it on once and be done with it.

This is why the entire matter is undiscussable. People are just offering foolish solutions that are not really solutions even if they technically work.

edit: While I did say 50% that would allow me to do one or two expansions worth of content. What if I wanted to do the entire thing it used to be? Level trough cata revamped zones? Even doing that will get you from 1-50 atm. Then go to tbc, do 1-3 zones. Wotlk, several zones. Cata, hyjal usually does it. MoP, jade forest usually does it. WoD, most of it. Legion, most of it. Bfa, Most of it?

How much slower i should get xp to do that? 90% How of often should I run back to turn off and on xp to do that? All the time, if I want to gain any levels at all. You dont level if oyu dont get xp.
    It’s dumb that you want to slow it down anyway. And you have a solution in front of you. If you dislike hitting end level that quick, fix it. Plain and simple. It’s not a flimsy excuse. It’s a solid solution to your dumb problem.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I saw ppl here claiming 10 hrs and didn't the guy on the frontpage even set a record in under 6 hrs or so?

I just know I am not that efficient....so if I make it in 15, that is cool. I always squeeze in the WoD intro before flying - but I also chose zones that I love...no matter what the XP/hr is.

Atm I wish I could sell my unused 3 boosts
    I question whether people claiming 10 hours are actually themselves doing 10 hours or if they are merely parroting what they've heard speed runners say. I could probably get down to 10 hours if I optimized and went all out but that's not how I normally play. And yeah the current record as far as I know is 5h 44m, he has a sped up overview of the run here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSH4q1o2_aA and a full 6h video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shjN...ature=youtu.be and links to a text guide in the description. He claims it's the fastest route even if you don't speed run.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

personally, i dont care about the quickness

but

before, we had 120 level to do, enough quest to do and mob killed to have the 5000-5500 gold requiere to pay the fly master for the 100% ground mount and the two fly mount mastery

right now the problem is that its so quick, that we cant do enough money to cover their ground and fly mastery, so we lost money for each character we level to 50 actually, that is bad

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I know it's annoying to get ported back, but can't you just take a portal & headback to where you just were once dinging 50?
    For some reason I was under the spell that the campaign zones after it ends (once you hit cap) gets lowered to it's appropriate legacy level.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post

before, we had 120 level to do, enough quest to do and mob killed to have the 5000-5500 gold requiere to pay the fly master for the 100% ground mount and the two fly mount mastery

right now the problem is that its so quick, that we cant do enough money to cover their ground and fly mastery, so we lost money for each character we level to 50 actually, that is bad
    That's only true if you think of it terms of gold per character ibstead of gold per hour.

If you take a character who reaches 50 quickly, but continue to quest for the same amount of time as before 9.0, you'd probably end up with more gold due to quest gold scaling up more quickly.

Solution to your problem: Give it 4 years and try again.

it's a 25-30 hours experience for new players, so they can get to endgame and play with their friends in a timely manner. There ya go. Its the only reason this change exists, and the only reason it matters. The health of the game cannot continue to be supported solely on retention of existing players. It is too expensive to produce and maintain, and does not have the elaborate cash shop of other subscription based MMOs. It requires fresh blood, and the easiest way to bring that in is to remove the biggest barrier to entry, which is that playing alone, so you can get to max level for 70-100 hours just to play with the friends, who talked you into picking it up is a miserable experience. Even if you have friends roll new toons with you, they don't want to level at your pace, and there is a good chance that they are going to frequently bounce to go do end game shit. This is decision based around blizzard's new player retention metrics and for that reason it really doesn't matter what existing players thing of the leveling speed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodSense View Post
    Even if you have friends roll new toons with you, they don't want to level at your pace, and there is a good chance that they are going to frequently bounce to go do end game shit.
    This is a point you almost never see brought up. I tried doing this in Legion and BFA and my friend who I tried to level with almost gave me a brain aneurysm with how they were trying to level.
    Basically they would use a quest addon (even though you don't need one whatsoever) and run as fast as they can to each little cherrypicked quest the mod had sorted out. It was just beyond silly, I could've nearly matched the pace of the addon but saved myself so much stress if I just leveled by myself.
    Example: quest wants you to kill crap, then the next one wants you to kill crap adjacent to where you just were. The addon would just have you skip the next one because it takes longer to kill stuff than it does to just skip it for the next quest. I understand, but I literally can just run one dungeon in 15 minutes and gain the difference, plus much more, plus get loot out of it, it doesn't matter since you teleport everywhere in the game anyway.

Also I don't get how people sit there and play for 6 hours straight without stopping to eat or anything. They must just be sitting there snacking the entire time and then order something instead of cooking.
    I would stop to eat and my friend who I was just leveling with would be like 3 levels ahead of me. Not a great experience, I wouldn't level with someone again like that unless they intended on just doing dungeons the entire time. It's a very APRG move to have leveling with another person feel like such ass.
    Last edited by msdos; 2020-11-03 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post

Wrath dungeons were face roll for the most part, even moreso once you were geared for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just the nature of the beast, I'm afraid. When we first do a quest, we take a little time to sightsee, to figure out the quest, and then to actually do it.

When we do it for the 13th time, it's almost mechanical; we do things the fastest, most-efficient way. You would take longer if you were doing it the first time, but you're not. And in order to not punish those people who are, they've set the leveling pace accordingly.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Isn't that the same as disabling xp gains at 49?
    yeah but if I want to do that I have to travel to SW, then return to where I was leveling, then return to SW to unlock XP when Im done with it.

Now that I think about it, even if Blizzard did the toggle option that I was suggesting, it would still be through an NPC most likely in SW so it would literally be same as stoping XP at 49. Never thought of that
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    the issue is more the fact that they aren't level appropriate anymore too. Yes you CAN go back but they wont be level 49-50 anymore they will be the post squish equivalent of what they were. So if you were leveling in Wrath got to Icecrown and dinged 50 but then went back everything will now be in their 20s-low 30s so you're now a practical god to them.

of which yes the band-aid solution is turn off leveling..personally only way to appease these guys is a "heroic leveling" system that would slow it down a bit so you hit 50 at the end of said expansion instead of 1/3rd the way through

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    yeah but if I want to do that I have to travel to SW, then return to where I was leveling, then return to SW to unlock XP when Im done with it.

Now that I think about it, even if Blizzard did the toggle option that I was suggesting, it would still be through an NPC most likely in SW so it would literally be same as stoping XP at 49. Never thought of that
    Really mate, complaining about going back to SW? Can't you just admit, that all this is a non-issue? Because so far you have been agreeing with me and always added a new smaller issue.