Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Just like everything else in life, ignorance of something is not a defense. You quote one article for some kind of defense but all it shows is ignorance of a fact to which others have corrected you on.
    You have also already been proven wrong about the mount being gold capped from the first one ever. Just to add to it, here’s a nice article stating it’s already been up: https://www.google.com/amp/s/happyga...n-house-87903/
    And here’s another with a screen shot taken by a website that monitors the BMAH:
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=318615/...ts-at-5-millio
    And then read your links again. Spotted =/= not bought.

Also its not ignorance, blizz first said it was going to available till shadowlands launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    You wanted proof? You saw I guess people linked the wowhead article with it still being at 5 mil 0 bids, that's ravencrest US, I have another screen of it being 5 mil still around 9 p.m. if you need, but doesn't help much, however...

https://imgur.com/tTgkiiv

A 2nd brutosaur appeared on drakkari US and I managed to screen it being still 5 mil and unbid at 4 a.m. at medium duration, when it's been in almost a whole day:

https://imgur.com/VK1r7UG

Give me a brutosaur on eu (still has to spawn) and I will be able to give you the price after it's been completed too (5 mil), but since I don't play on US I can't obviously check later than that on the BMAH website, the information disappears around medium-short, but I don't see why people would wait till the end to throw a gold cap if it was their intention, example the tiger gets capped pretty early.
    That is still not a proof tho, medium doesnt meant its going to end soon, and again, first post I was talking about situation where blizzard did keep their word.
    They didn't and I was unaware of that.

Read this post and you should be aware, that at this point I was talking about SL release.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52732665

then and got rich in SL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Dude READ you quoted the post where they said it would be gone by prepatch. You WORD FOR WORD read what they said in that post which means saw that post you just failed to read all of it.
    No, you read it word by word and then realize blizzard has lied:

Hello! Yes. About that …

Like all dinosaurs, the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur’s days are numbered. I can confirm that when Shadowlands goes live, the shady vendors Talutu and Tricky Nick will cease selling it. Their other offerings – the Lost Platysaur pet and the Palehide Direhorn mount, will remain available for purchase.

We will make sure that the unforgettable Brutosaur mount is added to the lists of possible items that are sold in the Black Market Auction Houses. And of course, this new Achievement “Conspicuous Consumption” is a Feat of Strength, so as such things go, it’s not actually very conspicuous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

Also its not ignorance, blizz first said it was going to available till shadowlands launch.

- - - Updated - - -

That is still not a proof tho, medium doesnt meant its going to end soon, and again, first post I was talking about situation where blizzard did keep their word.

Read this post and you should be aware, that at this point I was talking about SL release.

then and got rich in SL

- - - Updated - - -

Again, they corrected themselves afterwards. There is far more precedent with things going away in the pre-patch than when the expansion drops proper... in fact I can think of almost no cases when things that were to be removed were retained until actual expansion launch. I had always assumed it was going away with pre-patch, and planned accordingly. And I got the mount.

That you didn't see their multiple notifications that it would indeed be going away on pre-patch, and probably rather implausibly figured that the... maybe three possible weeks... you had between pre-patch and live... to conjure up whatever missing chunk of 5 million gold you needed... is on you, buddy, and no one else.

Maybe you should stay up more with WoW news, and you wont miss out on stuff in the future. If only there was a website where stuff like that was posted up regularly on the front page in an easily-parsed format.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

- - - Updated - - -

then and got rich in SL

- - - Updated - - -

And Blizzard changed that. You being ignorant to the change that Blizzard later made is what I am typing about.
    You are also now trying to argue the other topic while ignoring you are wrong about trying to call Lucetia a liar. You’ve stated multiple times that Lucetia was blatantly lying and making false claims about the Brutosaur even being on the BMAH without proof. I linked you that proof. There’s other people now also providing links that the mount is still at 5 million gold even at medium length left. Given trends of rare mounts reaching high amounts of gold after being posted briefly, or even gold cap at brief time up, it’s safe to state that it won’t make it there in the rest of the time it’s up.
    But please, keep spouting nonsense while providing absolute zero proof of your arguments while everyone else demonstrates how wrong you are time and time again.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Again, they corrected themselves afterwards.
    Corrected isn't right word tho. It was a lie. Second, two mounts are still dropping from naylotha so that is inconsequential too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    And Blizzard changed that. You being ignorant to the change that Blizzard later made is what I am typing about.
    You are also now trying to argue the other topic while ignoring you are wrong about trying to call Lucetia a liar. You’ve stated multiple times that Lucetia was blatantly lying and making false claims about the Brutosaur even being on the BMAH without proof. I linked you that proof. There’s other people now also providing links that the mount is still at 5 million gold even at medium length left. Given trends of rare mounts reaching high amounts of gold after being posted briefly, or even gold cap at brief time up, it’s safe to state that it won’t make it there in the rest of the time it’s up.
    But please, keep spouting nonsense while providing absolute zero proof of your arguments while everyone else demonstrates how wrong you are time and time again.
    Nobody has proven me wrong so far. Not a single proof that nobody bid on that mount. Blizzard lied, not "changed that".
    Not a single proof has been posted so far.

And again, all my posts were made in assumption blizzard didn't lie back then.
    Now imagine a situation where brontosaur couldn't have been bought from bmah because blizzard "changed that". Obviously my clain would loose a meaning. I know its hard concept to grasp that once circumstances changes it also makes difference for specific claims.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-11-03 at 06:05 AM.

Corrected isn't right word tho. It was a lie. Second, two mounts are still dropping from naylotha so that is inconsequential too.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody has proven me wrong so far. Not a single proof that nobody bid on that mount. Blizzard lied, not "changed that".
    Not a single proof has been posted so far.
    You said that any brutosaurs that showed up on the BMAH would almost immediately be gold capped. You've been shown several brutosaurs with most of their time expired that haven't even been bid on yet. That is evidence that you were wrong. Also the world would be in a very bad place if someone couldn't change their minds without being a liar. Were they liars when they said the rep buff would last so long, but then they made it longer, too?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Yes, it is ignorance.

Regardless of why you didn't know, not knowing is literally ignorance.

That said, it's not someone else's fault you made no effort to double check something that seems to have been important to you, considering the statement that it was going away with Shadowlands release was never in an official announcement. I would think someone that isn't paying close attention would have seen the official announcement, but not the earlier, unofficial forum post by a community manager.

- - - Updated - - -

The burden of proof is on you as the person disputing someone else's claims.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    You said that any brutosaurs that showed up on the BMAH would almost immediately be gold capped.
    Assuming it would be removed once shadowland lauches. Like it originally was suppose to happen.

You've been shown several brutosaurs with most of their time expired that haven't even been bid on yet. Ergo, you were wrong.
    That absolutely doesn't prove anything. Most one was "medium" which means half of time has passed. And it wasn't going to end soon. So no, I was not proven wrong because that was not a proof that nobody did bid on it.

Also the world would be in a very bad place if someone couldn't change their minds without being a liar. Were they liars when they said the rep buff would last so long, but then they made it longer, too?
    That is exactly a lie. Lets say some company is going to host 10 day event, you booked your free time from work in last 2 days and then suddenly company says its only going to last 5 days. That is at the very least being dishonest and misleading towards your customers, at worst, a lie depending on when it was changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    They changed their plans.

Or they lied. Who fucking cares? it's their game. And they clarified their change of intent months before the change actually took effect.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Yes, it is ignorance.

Regardless of why you didn't know, not knowing is literally ignorance.

That said, it's not someone else's fault you made no effort to double check something that seems to have been important to you, considering the statement that it was going away with Shadowlands release was never in an official announcement. I would think someone that isn't paying close attention would have seen the official announcement, but not the earlier, unofficial forum post by a community manager.
    Community manager words are suppose to be official, unless you think they are allowed to mislead their customers which is hilarious.

The burden of proof is on you as the person disputing someone else's claims.
    Yep, so far there has been no proof that is hasn't sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Siph View Post
    As a collector, the biggest appeal for me was to get it before it got removed.

While farming for it, you grow really attached to the AH. While it is already massively convenient to use the AH in your garrison, you still have to be at a specific place. With the mount it's also possible to reach both a mailbox AND the auctioneer without having to move! And ofcourse the vendor that has some newer items than the old vendor mount.

Why does all that matter? Because it's convenient. Anything that is not max. convenient is inconvenient, and people are extremely lazy. I am baffled by the amount of people that enter a pug raid and within 3 seconds start spamming "sum plx" or even worse "123".
    I remember back in the day when ordos was the world boss people wanted to kill. I'd deliberately not invite warlocks until the group was nearly full and even then people would beg for a summon even though there were no stones or warlocks.

Community manager words are suppose to be official, unless you think they are allowed to mislead their customers which is hilarious.
    I was under the impression that community managers' words are only official if they start the thread. To say otherwise would require me to consider things like a CM's favorite [Mount/Pet/Etc.] are official Blizzard statements, which is ridiculous. I would assume Kaivax said the wrong thing, personally, because that's what the evidence tells me is the most probable thing to have happened. It makes more sense that one person made a mistake, especially when it wasn't an official announcement. Calling an entity a liar in malice and being believably wrong is also illegal in my country, so that's also a factor in my reluctance to make claims I don't believe to be true, and encourages me to consider the evidence before making a decision.

Yep, so far there has been no proof that is hasn't sold.
    Clearly you don't understand. Several others have countered your first claim. You don't get to make another on the same topic without credible evidence. Your reputation on the topic has been ruined, so the only evidence you had, your personal opinion, means nothing.

Gotta sell them tokens..

First of all, I was convinced they won't remove it till shadowlands. It's not shadowlands yet, so no new players, no returning players after making long break.
    Second, still waiting for proof.
    Um, prepatch and leveling changes brought back a ton of people. Another instance of you being just wrong in every sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got it from an uclaimed box for much less than 5 mil PogChamp

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

It could have been advertised everywhere, I did not read them. I am not even playing since like month or more. Even when I am playing I am not reading news.
    It literally was. It was one of the first things mentioned in all of the pre-patch videos Blizzard posted.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody has proven me wrong so far. Not a single proof that nobody bid on that mount.
    So I have been following your argument here for a while, and frankly, you're just being stubborn and unreasonable.

Any reasonable person at this point would accept as fact that Brutosaurs have appeared on the AH and not sold at gold cap. The "proof" may not be 100%, but it's close enough. The fact that you refuse this proof isn't because the proof is lacking, it's because you don't want to.

Whether you accept it or not, it's patently obvious to anyone of sound mind that your initial statement was wrong. Why can't you just accept it and move on? What exactly are you arguing for? You're not going to win anyone over, and all you're doing at this point is undermining your own credibility.

The funny thing is that, in principle I even largely agree with your initial point (this small detail aside). I think that in time they will end up going for gold cap. And hey, it could even happen that today one will go for gold cap. But it's certainly not guaranteed, because the number of people who want this mount, have the gold to get it and failed to get it already will be pretty small. Right now, I would say that anyone who is in that position will have a very high chance of winning the mount with a minimum bid.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2020-11-03 at 10:26 AM.

I was under the impression that community managers'...
    They are not allowed to spread lies nor say anything that contradicts what blizzard is going to do, so no.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrMatticus View Post
    Um, prepatch and leveling changes brought back a ton of people. Another instance of you being just wrong in every sense.
    No, prepatch didn't bring back ton of people, yes people who had their sub running and was on break logged in to check it out but it is not even remotely as close to the amount of people that come back to check new expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    So I have been following your argument here for a while, and frankly, you're just being stubborn and unreasonable.

Any reasonable person at this point would accept as fact that Brutosaurs have appeared on the AH and not sold at gold cap. The "proof" may not be 100%, but it's close enough. The fact that you refuse this proof isn't because the proof is lacking, it's because you don't want to.
    I have told numerous times, that my original claims was written under the impression of brontosaur being removed AFTER shadowlands launch.
    You can take a hint from followup posts. Any reasonable person would read that that I am taking about such case.

It literally doesn't matter if blizzard changed their stance, lied or misled their customers, just add grace period and see what is going to happen SL.

First of all, I was convinced they won't remove it till shadowlands. It's not shadowlands yet, so no new players, no returning players after making long break.
    Second, still waiting for proof.

- - - Updated - - -

If you don't know if anyone bidded then you still have no proof. It might as well sold at gold cap.
    First of all, you were wrong.

Second of all, you were still wrong.

I have never seen anyone fight so much to not admit they were wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never farmed gold in my life. I skin, sell that, and sell any pets and stuff I get while playing. I had 5mil when BFA began, bought it, and was back up to 5mil again before the xpac came out.
    goblinnnnn
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

I've never farmed gold in my life. I skin, sell that, and sell any pets and stuff I get while playing. I had 5mil when BFA began, bought it, and was back up to 5mil again before the xpac came out.
    I find this one extremely hard to believe and would need some of proof that side with it. Reason being is in order to hit 5M twice (as you said you had it and ended with it) you would have to be farming for gold in some fashion.

Skinning doesn't make that much gold at all, older skins maybe but still not enough to make you millions passively. Even selling battle pets wouldn't get you that high since they would have to be pets you get passively as you mentioned. Which means you farmed in some shape or form whether it was under the guise of transmog run from dungeons, etc.