Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    You're not taking mora and upgrade mats into consideration. It costs a fuckload of mora to upgrade characters, and it's also locked behind resin. It requires a fuckload of mats to ascend them, as well, which, again, is locked behind resin. Just getting XP books may take only a couple of days, but getting enough mora and mats takes as much (just getting mats from bosses will take you 2-3 days worth of resin, unless you saved some up earlier). So you're actually looking at a week of farming leylines/bosses to upgrade a single character. But then you also need to upgrade their weapon and artifacts to get them relevant, which costs a ton more mora than levelling up the character. But let's be very generous and say it's going to take another week. So yeah, it most definitely does take weeks without refilling resin, and that's just one character.

Of course you don't need 10 level 70/80 characters, and you can and 'should' focus on a specific few that will carry the rest, but saying it doesn't take a lot of time is a plain lie.
    It's not a lie at all, lol.

it's not like you only get Mora from Resin.
    There are events, there is Abyss, there are quests, there is loot.
    You get like 50-100k from doing daily shit alone.

I call bullshit.

And even then. What the fuck is 1 week?
    You won't get a new character every week.
    So what's your point?

You are looking at the initial burst of requirements that are mostly getting flatlined by the additional rewards you get from pre-registration and shit like that. And you have more than enough Resin-shards to get the initial burst of requirements out of the way.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-03 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    But.. like... that's the end "content".
    It's basically just a challenge room and there is no point in agonizing about it because these amount of gems basically mean nothing when I only get my 5* from pity-counters.

I mentioned it earlier, a week ago or something, this game is basically a idle-clicker game
    You play it to watch your characters/team/level grow and have fun doing so.
    It's not like you need Lvl X to enjoy the game, the way to LvL X *is* the game.
    It's not like WoW where you need to be max level to actually start playing the game.
    I guess this is what I was hoping to get confirmation of.

It just seems weird to stress out about gearing and leveling characters, when the main point of doing so just gives you slightly more of the materials and currency you can already get elsewhere.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Ok I have a few issues I need to complain about. These probably don't have a solution but...

1. Mob tethering. I am fighting a mage (this is mostly concerning ley lines) and knocking him all around the battlefield getting his shield down. Shield goes down and I start on his HP. But, uh oh, you just pushed the mob just a little too far from it's spawn point and it resets with full shield and HP. MF'er!?!?!?!

2. Cooking ingredients. When I am looking at a recipe to cook and it gives me a list of ingredients that are needed, all I see are the pictures. It doesn't give me a list or text saying what items are what. Is that an onion or a tomato? Why couldn't they (in the recipe description) have a breakdown like (4-raw meats, 2-cabbages, 3-salt). This might be different on PC, but on the PS4 all I get are pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    They complain because they're big babies who want everything now now now and the big mean anime girl game isn't giving it to them.
    then gacha game is the wrong game, unless you are willing to spend big lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Ok I have a few issues I need to complain about. These probably don't have a solution but...

1. Mob tethering. I am fighting a mage (this is mostly concerning ley lines) and knocking him all around the battlefield getting his shield down. Shield goes down and I start on his HP. But, uh oh, you just pushed the mob just a little too far from it's spawn point and it resets with full shield and HP. MF'er!?!?!?!
    Don't knock them off of cliffs, and once in a while take half a second to reposition yourself to the other side so you smack them towards the flower instead of away

2. Cooking ingredients. When I am looking at a recipe to cook and it gives me a list of ingredients that are needed, all I see are the pictures. It doesn't give me a list or text saying what items are what. Is that an onion or a tomato? Why couldn't they (in the recipe description) have a breakdown like (4-raw meats, 2-cabbages, 3-salt). This might be different on PC, but on the PS4 all I get are pictures.
    Yeah on PC you can mouse over.. You sure you can't highlight them on a controller?

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Don't knock them off of cliffs, and once in a while take half a second to reposition yourself to the other side so you smack them towards the flower instead of away

Yeah on PC you can mouse over.. You sure you can't highlight them on a controller?
    It's not even cliffs. Hitting them with Traveler's tornado is sometimes enough to out of bounds mobs. That brings up a smaller complaint. The recoil characters experience from attacks. It's not a huge problem, just something I have to take into account.

I haven't found a way to hover over those ingredients in the PS4 version. It's possible that there is a way and I just haven't found the correct button presses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, some mobs just have no weight to them. It's kinda frustrating at times, especially when they get knocked into weird places.

Whopperflowers are the worst. I just look at them with a melee weapon and it's like an episode of Dragonball, knocking them halfway across the planet with one punch or something.
    Indeed.

I have a question about them too.
    What are they actually weak against?
    I deal by far the lowest amount of damage against them.
    Doesn't matter if it's the ice or fire version.

Physical doesn't deal the usual,
    Lightning doesn't deal the usual (or at least it doesn't seem like it)
    Ice against fire isn't "better" ... maybe it's even or "normal"?

I can't wait for that 1.1. feature that has them listed with stats etc. if I'm not mistaken, something like that was planned, wasn't it?

It's not a lie at all, lol.

it's not like you only get Mora from Resin.
    There are events, there is Abyss, there are quests, there is loot.
    You get like 50-100k from doing daily shit alone.

I call bullshit.

And even then. What the fuck is 1 week?
    You won't get a new character every week.
    So what's your point?

You are looking at the initial burst of requirements that are mostly getting flatlined by the additional rewards you get from pre-registration and shit like that. And you have more than enough Resin-shards to get the initial burst of requirements out of the way.
    The only sources of mora past AR30+ are leylines, Abyss and dailies. There are no quests, there are no chests, because you most likely done them already before this point (yeah, some chests will be left, but getting 2k mora and 2 primos for a buried chest you were looking for for 10 minutes isn't exactly worth it). Dailies don't get you 50-100k, they get you 40k at best. Yeah, a week may not be a long time, but spending a month (between levels, weapon, artifacts and talents) to get a new character relevant is. That's my point. Free bonus resin allows you to keep progressing your main characters at a relatively steady pace, but it sure as hell will not allow you to get new characters up to speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    I'm going to let you in on a secret of the gacha world. The feeling you have right now is what the game wants you to feel. They want you to sperg out and have 30 characters even though you can reasonably level 2 at a time (maybe 3-4 is your putting in hours a day farming ore routes and artifact routes and all that shit.)
    It has nothing to do with Gacha. This is just how I enjoy games. For example, I never only played 1 class in Wow back when I played it. I often had 2 or 3 classes I played often and a bunch of alts. That's the enjoyment I get out of it. I don't find maximizing the hell out of 1 character fun at all. That being said, I'm not sure what you mean. I want to play a bunch of characters, but I literally can't because if I do then I will fall behind when world level goes up. And yes, I know there are intervals where you have to unlock the next world level, but not all of them. Why couldn't they just make it unlockable for all of the world levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Same thing as in an mmo. The mobs in other zones are higher level and any new character you have cannot just walk in and stomp them. Gotta level them up just the same way in order for them to be able to withstand those mobs.

The difference though, is again, the fact that you can farm what you need ahead of time here. You can farm exp books and talent level up materials and ascension stuff and power level a new character instantly to be good.

That is just my mindset. Every game has a system where you can't just walk in with a fresh character and be able to handle the end game content / zones. Gotta work them up to it.
    ...not same at all. I can actually use the low level characters in mmos. Either way I don't think it was an appropriate analogy, it's a completely different genre.

Yes. That's the only reason to level characters.

World-Level and most domains are a joke as long as you have 1 character with good gear and semi-relevant level.
    So I don't even know why people complain in the first place.
    It's not that we need it, it's more that we want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well for starters, dont pass the AR 35 quest that changes your world lvl. Not untill all the characters you like are lvled to max. Because once you hit 40, the world lvl will change and there is no way back. Ar 45 also has a quest like this.
    Wait, if i get to AR 40 it gets automatically to the new world level? AGH. Fortunately main party is all lvl 60 so grinding to 70 shouldn't be terrible.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Wait, if i get to AR 40 it gets automatically to the new world level? AGH. Fortunately main party is all lvl 60 so grinding to 70 shouldn't be terrible.
    .....it wont be terrible....oh you are so wrong here.... (6+9)x3= books for every character

At it again
    Today i've stolen 45 rare flowers.

I am the flower snatcher.

(is fine, they are low levels still exploring the world and no idea what to do...they dont need them...i think )

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    .....it wont be terrible....oh you are so wrong here.... (6+9)x3= books for every character
    No problem, i'm not even in hurry, i can farm at my pace. Talent books are painful for sure, but mostly because i won't be playing the days the ones i actually need drop XD My only "issue" is that i level up to 50 a bunch of characters, just cause i like them.

Random recommendation: play multiplayer if you can. I find myself playing with a couple friends, we all have a bunch of leveled characters. Makes encounters much easier - monsters may have more hp but hell elemental reactions are just constantly triggered. So much damage output with the right combos.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    No problem, i'm not even in hurry, i can farm at my pace. Talent books are painful for sure, but mostly because i won't be playing the days the ones i actually need drop XD My only "issue" is that i level up to 50 a bunch of characters, just cause i like them.
    Shame on you for playing multiple characters

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Shame on you for playing multiple characters
    I actually did the same exact mistake as him...and to get out of my hell hole i bought the battle pass thingy.

3+ Year Old Account
    tips for 3-2? my best bet here was to simply throw the treasure hoarders off the edge but the big guy is way too strong
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Enviosity just now doing floor 12 with main character anoemo, noelle, xialing and kayea in first team

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I haven't found a way to hover over those ingredients in the PS4 version. It's possible that there is a way and I just haven't found the correct button presses.
    On my X360 controller I need to press the right control stick, maybe it's the same on the PS controller

Quote Originally Posted by Exxord View Post
    On my X360 controller I need to press the right control stick, maybe it's the same on the PS controller
    Thanks I will try that. Hopefully there isn't a difference between the PC version with a controller and the PS4 version. I do know that the icons on the UI/HUD at the top of the screen and around the minimap are not accessible from the main screen like they are on PC. You have to go through either the wheel to get to some of them or the main index page that has the shop and party setup icons, etc. (whatever that is named).

Quote Originally Posted by Exxord View Post
    Speaking of controllers, do you guys have issues using the quick menu? It literally doesn't work for me. If I try to open one thing, it opens up a completely different thing. I just stopped bothering trying to use it.

Also having major issues with auto zoom in, and it's reallyyyyyyy bad on Razor and his burst.