Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    What makes you say that?
    I just dont see them wanting it dragging on, considering the timing. And first tiers are traditionally a little simpler anyway, and people dont seem to mind too much.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    That's gonna test a lot of hard-core raiders notion of ..hardcoreness. Then again is it ever healthy to ever put a game above social real life?
    We should all be staying in until Covid is figured out, blizzard saving us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    Stop pretending Christmas takes that much time off people's hands.
    You're either not a parent or a really bad one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Stop pretending Christmas takes that much time off people's hands.

Seriously, where the hell did this notion come from? You guys do understand Blizz doesn't like releasing stuff during Christmas because they want to give employees time off, right?

Nevermind. NEETs don't understand that the working class likes to take paid vacation during the month of December lmao

/Thread
    To be fair, a lot of those "working class" people would prefer to spend time with the family, rather than sat infront of their computer 15 hours a day. Extremes I know, but just pointing out a lot of "working class" families go away for the break as well, meaning no wow at all. Blizzard have said they want to give their staff time off, yes, but they have also made it clear they do not want fans to feel like they are forced to choose between wow and family.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I wouldnt be so hostile, but as you see above yes, i think they are missing the point a bit.

If you're a parent, you signed up to ruin your life and forfeit your hobbies and free time. Why should anyone give a shit if you're missing out?

People are starving for content. And if Blizz is ready to put it out at that time, then that makes two things against your one, very miniscule and non problematic thing.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    To be fair, a lot of those "working class" people would prefer to spend time with the family, rather than sat infront of their computer 15 hours a day. Extremes I know, but just pointing out a lot of "working class" families go away for the break as well, meaning no wow at all. Blizzard have said they want to give their staff time off, yes, but they have also made it clear they do not want fans to feel like they are forced to choose between wow and family.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldnt be so hostile, but as you see above yes, i think they are missing the point a bit.
    Most people I know take the holidays off for themselves, and "to spend time with the family" is just an excuse for said reason because that's just what everyone tells work when they request PTO.

Christmas "with the family" boils down to Christmas shopping a once to three times in the month, and then having a Christmas dinner on the 23rd. Out of having two weeks of PTO, that's nowhere near time consuming. Stressful, yes. But nothing to detract from your own time for yourself.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2020-11-01 at 08:41 PM.

If you're a parent, you signed up to ruin your life and forfeit your hobbies and free time. Why should anyone give a shit if you're missing out?

People are starving for content. And if Blizz is ready to put it out at that time, then that makes two things against your one, very miniscule and non problematic thing.
    Man, I have not seen this level of teen angst since I browsed 4chan once. This is just you saying "i dont care about anyone else, give me what i want, and give it to me NOW". You strike me as the sort of kid who gets really upset when your hard working parents buy you the wrong coloured iphone for Christmas so you throw a tantrum for three days.

- - - Updated - - -

Most people I know take the holidays off for themselves, and "to spend time with the family" is just an excuse for said reason because that's just what everyone tells work when they request PTO.
    I would just stop, you are just coming across as an entitled teen with a really twisted sense of how the world works - you may not be, but it certainly sounds that way. If your family sux and everyone just thinks of themselves, i feel sorry for you, i genuinely do, but please dont pretend thats how "most" people are. This might blow your mind, but "most" people enjoy the company of their family, especially their children.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-11-01 at 09:04 PM.

Man, I have not seen this level of teen angst since I browsed 4chan once. This is just you saying "i dont care about anyone else, give me what i want, and give it to me NOW". You strike me as the sort of kid who gets really upset when your hard working parents buy you the wrong coloured iphone for Christmas so you throw a tantrum for three days.

- - - Updated - - -

I would just stop, you are just coming across as an entitled teen with a really twisted sense of how the world works - you may not be, but it certainly sounds that way. If your family sux and everyone just thinks of themselves, i feel sorry for you, i genuinely do, but please dont pretend thats how "most" people are. This might blow your mind, but "most" people enjoy the company of their family, especially their children.
    Isn't that what parents crying about wanting stuff to stop releasing around the holidays are? Selfish?

They ruined their lives and they wanna make other people wait and make companies change their plans. In this scenario you're coming up with, anyways.

What's wrong with most people taking the holidays off for themselves? It is what they do. My whole friend group are without children, living on their own or with roommates, and still take time off on the holidays for themselves. That's how it should be.

If time for yourself includes spending it with family, that's wonderful. Do it. But most people take it just for themselves. Guaranteed 80% of the time they are on holidays, they are bumming around at home enjoying paid time away from work. That's just how it is.

Besides, if you've got kids, you shouldn't be playing games anyways. Sell that iPad you gave them and go spend fucking time with them. You sold your soul to them, they're not toys or Instagram props. They're living beings. Dedicate yourself, don't try and squeeze in some *you* time. You don't deserve it. Instead, they deserve you. Which you are denying them.

I'll admit, my parents spoiled me while growing up. But they at least devoted themselves to me and taught me to be thankful. Some dumbass handing their shitspawn a tablet then disappearing to go complain on some forums about wanting staggered content releases are the opposite of that.

Again, play the damn game when you have the time to if you can't be bothered to devote yourself to your child. If the call to videogames is much more important to you, then go for it. But don't blame that call on the studios and players themselves. You've nobody else to blame but yourself.

TL;DR: Idgaf about getting content NOW. Igaf for Blizzard to release it when they want to, so long as it's ready. Whiney parents who are too selfish to put their children first and would rather blame others for their shit parenting skills and habits have no right to try and force people to bend to their dumbass schedules.
    Last edited by Stardrift; 2020-11-02 at 12:13 AM.

Honestly, quite a terrible timing. Was hoping they'd release the game in december and open raid in January.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't that what parents crying about wanting stuff to stop releasing around the holidays are? Selfish?

They ruined their lives and they wanna make other people wait and make companies change their plans. In this scenario you're coming up with, anyways.

What's wrong with most people taking the holidays off for themselves? It is what they do. My whole friend group are without children, living on their own or with roommates, and still take time off on the holidays for themselves. That's how it should be.

If time for yourself includes spending it with family, that's wonderful. Do it. But most people take it just for themselves. Guaranteed 80% of the time they are on holidays, they are bumming around at home enjoying paid time away from work. That's just how it is.

Besides, if you've got kids, you shouldn't be playing games anyways. Sell that iPad you gave them and go spend fucking time with them. You sold your soul to them, they're not toys or Instagram props. They're living beings. Dedicate yourself, don't try and squeeze in some *you* time. You don't deserve it. Instead, they deserve you. Which you are denying them.

I'll admit, my parents spoiled me while growing up. But they at least devoted themselves to me and taught me to be thankful. Some dumbass handing their shitspawn a tablet then disappearing to go complain on some forums about wanting staggered content releases are the opposite of that.

Again, play the damn game when you have the time to if you can't be bothered to devote yourself to your child. If the call to videogames is much more important to you, then go for it. But don't blame that call on the studios and players themselves. You've nobody else to blame but yourself.

TL;DR: Idgaf about getting content NOW. Igaf for Blizzard to release it when they want to, so long as it's ready. Whiney parents who are too selfish to put their children first and would rather blame others for their shit parenting skills and habits have no right to try and force people to bend to their dumbass schedules.
    While I don't exactly agree with the sentiment of "they ruined their lives" I agree with the overall message.

If you chose to have a kid don't expect the world to revolve around you, especially when more and more people are choosing either to not have kids or just putting it way off until later in life because of how things are panning out.

My fiancee and I haven't had kids yet because we value our free time and being able to do anything we want on our own schedules. It's plain and simple.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Most guilds will just prog mythic in the new year... and will probably end up being more successful with some heroic gear padding.

Actual race to world first? Honestly, Method isn't around, could actually be competitive and good content to watch during the holidays.

I doubt there's many parents in hardcore raiding guilds to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    While I don't exactly agree with the sentiment of "they ruined their lives" I agree with the overall message.

If you chose to have a kid don't expect the world to revolve around you, especially when more and more people are choosing either to not have kids or just putting it way off until later in life because of how things are panning out.

My fiancee and I haven't had kids yet because we value our free time and being able to do anything we want on our own schedules. It's plain and simple.
    Agree with them all you want, you are both attacking a Strawman. No one, not a single person, said "I have children so the game should be released to fit my lifestyle". Thats why there is no reason to reply to such a ridiculous post, attacking a claim NO ONE made, just to feel good about themselves. What I have said, is confirmed what BLIZZARD have given as a reason they dont like releasing content close to Christmas, and that was stated as not wanting players to feel forced to choose between spending time with family, and playing a video game.

At this point, a certain someone went on a hate fueled rampage of attacking the traditional family unit, saying anyone who has children has "ruined their life" (i might agree when it comes to their parents, but in general, no), and generally just trying as hard as possible to be as edgy and angsty as humanly possible. Sadly, the result was one of the most cringe inducing posts this forum has seen in a LONG time.

I am saddened that you agree with the "overall message" that everyone only ever thinks of themselves, and only ever takes time off for themselves, and never wants to spend time with family or loved ones. Im surprised your fiancee is ok with this mindset, but if you are both happy just thinking of yourself and no one else, as the person you replied to suggested, then im glad you are happy.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-11-03 at 04:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with them all you want, you are both attacking a Strawman. No one, not a single person, said "I have children so the game should be released to fit my lifestyle". Thats why there is no reason to reply to such a ridiculous post, attacking a claim NO ONE made, just to feel good about themselves. What I have said, is confirmed what BLIZZARD have given as a reason they dont like releasing content close to Christmas, and that was stated as not wanting players to feel forced to choose between spending time with family, and playing a video game.

At this point, a certain someone went on a hate fueled rampage of attacking the traditional family unit, saying anyone who has children has "ruined their life" (i might agree when it comes to their parents, but in general, no), and generally just trying as hard as possible to be as edgy and angsty as humanly possible. Sadly, the result was one of the most cringe inducing posts this forum has seen in a LONG time.

I am saddened that you agree with the "overall message" that everyone only ever thinks of themselves, and only ever takes time off for themselves, and never wants to spend time with family or loved ones. Im surprised your fiancee is ok with this mindset, but if you are both happy just thinking of yourself and no one else, as the person you replied to suggested, then im glad you are happy.
    Admittedly, I probably should have read more of the posts as I made several assumptions when agreeing with them. Looking back I don't get why they're lashing out, but to each their own I suppose.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Admittedly, I probably should have read more of the posts as I made several assumptions when agreeing with them. Looking back I don't get why they're lashing out, but to each their own I suppose.
    And to be fair, amusingly, I completely agree with what YOU said, no game should be released at a certain time specifically to meet the needs of one portion of it's playerbase, regardless of what that distinction is.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post

I know I'm not risking the health of my family members for a bit of turkey & some beer.
    I wish more people thought like you

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Honestly, they should be releasing content pre-holiday. Blizz has this nasty habit of releasing after the holiday, when I don't have the extra time to sit around playing the game. The only people this pre-holiday release actually effects are people who do raiding as a living.... And honestly, with the extra people at home on holiday, they will make more money. E-sports wants to be taken seriously, but they don't want to work on or near holidays like pretty much every other entertainment and sports businesses.

we wont be able to visit family anyway, we are in the middle of a heavy lockdown and its only downhill from here.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    we wont be able to visit family anyway, we are in the middle of a heavy lockdown and its only downhill from here.
    "WE" is not the word you are looking for - Some - a small percentage of people are locked down.

Honestly given the way the holidays are generally it finishes atleast in my family around 10th Jan. So not too bad. The festive season is much better than Christmas as a day generally and most family stuff is usually concise within a 3-5 day period and most of that time denoted the family arent about anyway. Can't really see it being much of a problem