Poll: Should they extend DH's to other races?

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Has it ever occured to you that making allied races DK's took like literally zero developement time?

First off, you need dead people.
    Check.
    Secondly, you need a Lich King to raise them.
    Check.
    Boom you have new DK's.

Mechanically, adding the DK eye-glow is all that is needed to turn a race into a DK. Everything else is given.
    Their starting zone is literally just the top of ICC with zero changes.

DH's would take much more work to justify both lore-wise and gameplay-wise (models, animations whatever).

You can argue all day, it is more likely that we will get a new class before they would allow other races to be DH's.
    You are assuming Blizzard can add new DH races with minimal development time right? Your assumption that Blizzard will do things a certain way is not a valid argument.

3+ Year Old Account
    hmm they could easily make Draenei, Orc, and Zandalari as Demon Hunters
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    You are assuming Blizzard can add new DH races with minimal development time right? Your assumption that Blizzard will do things a certain way is not a valid argument.
    Oh, yes, because you saying "you're wrong" over and over is a valid argument.

I stated actual reasons why they will not add DH's.
    You have said literally nothing outside "nah, u wrong".

Go on, explain to me how they will implement DH's without making new models and animations for other races while simultaniously including them in the narrative to even warrant having them in the first place.

Go ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should they? Yes, if it makes sense.

"Makes sense" is also debatable. What makes sense to one person may not to another.

I've held the belief that if they do extend Demon Hunter to other races it should be Orcs and Draenei. A lot of other people believe this as well while others think not.

Blizzard believes things need to make sense lore wise in cases like this. What other races have been so personally affected, for such a long time, by the Burning Legion as much as the Orcs and the Draenei?

I voted no. Unfortunately "mortals" in this case everyone but the elves who live for thousands of years, cannot go through the trauma the demon hunters go through. And not every Blood elf / Night elf survived the process.

And personally I just don't see the demon hunter esthetic to fit any other race. Orc / dwarf demon hunters double jumping in the air then gliding slowly to the ground? The reason the elves fit it more is cause they are probably the more agile of the races we have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    I voted no. Unfortunately "mortals" in this case everyone but the elves who live for thousands of years, cannot go through the trauma the demon hunters go through. And not every Blood elf / Night elf survived the process.

And personally I just don't see the demon hunter esthetic to fit any other race. Orc / dwarf demon hunters double jumping in the air then gliding slowly to the ground? The reason the elves fit it more is cause they are probably the more agile of the races we have.

I understand where you are coming from here. Seeing any big and bulky race, or short and stout race, being quick and agile like Demon Hunters makes it look kind of silly.

Perhaps time for slimmer models for Demon Hunters only, depending on the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    There's nothing elven about Demon Hunters, culturally spepaking. It's just eating a demon's heart and drinking the blood to become fel infused using tattoos to keep it in check
    I think lore/development wise Blizzard has considered Elves to be like clay in terms of being easily molded into other forms via arcane/fel etc. I mean they are Vampires, Naga, those Fel ones in Sunwell Plateau + Nighthold, Void infused etc. Not saying that stops other races but elves are prolific in the game as needed for X-mutated baddies.

3+ Year Old Account
    I could see Draenei/Orc Demon Hunters, but other races would look just weird. And I'm not a fan of Troll ones
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

High Overlord
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I think Orks and Draenei would make sense, but not Lightsworn or Mag'har. I could also see the lore being pushed to include dwarves (at least Dark Irons) and trolls but it would be a stretch.

Any other races and it would look like they were brushing the lore away to give people a chance to play what they want.
    i always thought orcs and dranei where the abvoius choice.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And should they?

I must admit that I think a female Orc DH would LOOK badass, I was never a fan of Elves, but hearing someone say that it WILL happen "because there's support in the lore" without getting a source nor clarification brought me here.

Or is it just a case of them pulling what they did with DK's and it's just a matter of time...? If so, what races would make sense?
    The only races I ever see becoming DH are Orcs, Draenei, Elves, Naga.

I don't really understand why people are just flippantly saying Draenei (presumably because they're being paired with orcs). A Draenei becoming a DH is Draenei warlock tier wrong.
    Further to that Velen's Draenei have no cultural or political association with the illidari?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I don't really understand why people are just flippantly saying Draenei (presumably because they're being paired with orcs). A Draenei becoming a DH is Draenei warlock tier wrong.
    Further to that Velen's Draenei have no cultural or political association with the illidari?
    they could easily do it where the Orcs were Fel Orcs and Draenei were former Man'ari
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I think lore/development wise Blizzard has considered Elves to be like clay in terms of being easily molded into other forms via arcane/fel etc. I mean they are Vampires, Naga, those Fel ones in Sunwell Plateau + Nighthold, Void infused etc. Not saying that stops other races but elves are prolific in the game as needed for X-mutated baddies.
    Trolls always adapted well to their enviroment. Guess their relatives did get something
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I think it's because Illidan had both Orc and Draenei forces, that's why people pair those together.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I think the idea that "everyone can be everything" is a bit much, but I definitely agree, Demon Hunters are definitely far too restrictive. And as others said, there's nothing inherently "elven" about them.

I would personally probably suggest the following races be added:

Draenei (or rather "Man'ari") - They're essentially "playable demons", and they've got the longest history with actual demons. Even if they didn't spawn the class itself, Illidan has been interacting with Draenei in some capacity for a while, it would make sense that a few Draenei, or even Man'ari might've joined his cause. Would even be a nice bit of dialogue to add, maybe a Man'ari who joins the Illidari's ranks in hopes of seeking redemption.

Mag'har (and/or Orcs in general) - Similarly, when Illidan took to Outland, he was in the home of the Mag'har. Perhaps not necessarily the same Mag'har we recruited from AU Draenor, but that doesn't really matter. We also know that the Mag'har DESPISED demons and demonic influence, so there's a certain amount of poetry to the idea.

Pandaren - Honestly, other than a pandaren face appearing on Illidan's warglaives in WC3, I can't necessarily point to a direct connection here, so much as it just "feels" like the right choice.

Those would be my picks, anyways. Not a TON of options, but certainly more choice than currently exists.

15+ Year Old Account
    First, the salt in here almost made me need a 2nd Bp pill.

Second, and to the point...I think any race can be any class, and should. I don't think lore should force limitations here; you can either be trained, or you can't. Obviously we'll never get to a point where you could have, say, Undead Paladins or Lightforged Warlocks in terms of saturation, but why can't any race be trained?
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Oh, yes, because you saying "you're wrong" over and over is a valid argument.

I stated actual reasons why they will not add DH's.
    You have said literally nothing outside "nah, u wrong".

Go on, explain to me how they will implement DH's without making new models and animations for other races while simultaniously including them in the narrative to even warrant having them in the first place.

Go ahead.
    Because your reasons are shit and I've been telling you it's shit. Anybody that has followed this franchise knows the lore can be changed or updated anytime Blizzard wants.

The current DH starting experience is not a lore reason why it can't happen. The Allied new allied race DK experience invalidates your bullshit assertion about adding black gnomes or some shit to the current DH starting area. Hell, Blizzard even openly admits worgen DK is a lore contradiction but that didn't stop them from adding them because it's cool.

You want to know how Blizzard can add new DH races? Look at the allied race DKs.
    Last edited by Clone; 2020-11-04 at 02:37 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally would love to see Draenei Demon Hunters.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to agree with the people who are saying they won't be back unless the Legion or a similar demon-centric force is back, and that might be a very long time or indefinitely.

Demon Hunters were created at a specific time for a specific purpose, and whilst some new ones have been created since, they've been relatively few, and there's no reason to without a demonic threat.

So yeah if we get another demon-centric expansion, which I'd personally expect to be a dead minimum of two expansions away (SL and whatever comes after it), and probably more like four, then I could see them adding more DH races, albeit probably not all races. It's a lot more art-effort than adding DKs for more races.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

The time and effort to reskin and fix the animations on every single rig they're attached to sounds like a massive headache. This isn't even including the time it takes to find new voice actors and model in any new aesthetics and textures. From a lore pov it'd most likely be Draenei and Orcs. People seem to forget that Night Elves had a lot of people, demon hunters themselves fall into the legion's horde because they were too weak. Both Draenei and Orcs definitely have the will and craze to resist the influence - and they were also apart of Illidans forces.

But above all else is that Blizzard don't care. If they wanna make gnome demon hunters and they put the time and effort into it we'll get it. It's the former above what really dictated why we got night / blood elf demon hunters only. Blizzard even admitted to this, but I don't have the exact quote on hand. They wanted to provide an amazing experience for players and give what we now have on many races - to extensive customization on our characters.

I see it as a beta for it, honestly. Much like how Pandaren were the beta for new faces and animation systems.