10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It would be a beautiful thing if he was ousted from the GoP and decided to run again on a third-party ticket
    You're talking about H. Ross Perot.

In 1992 the race was a three-way split between Gov. Bill Clinton, incumbent George H. W. Bush, and actual billlionaire H. Ross Perot.

The popular vote was basically a 40/40/20 split, but with Perot's viewpoints closer to Bush's than Clinton's, the split bote in the South gave Clinton the plurality in enough states, leading to a massive EC victory.

Perot ran again in 1996, got next to nothing, and we've never heard from him since.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

In 1992 the race was a three-way split between Gov. Bill Clinton, incumbent George H. W. Bush, and actual billlionaire H. Ross Perot.

The popular vote was basically a 40/40/20 split, but with Perot's viewpoints closer to Bush's than Clinton's, the split bote in the South gave Clinton the plurality in enough states, leading to a massive EC victory.

Perot ran again in 1996, got next to nothing, and we've never heard from him since.
    He became Ralph Nader in 2000

My dad life long democrat, voted democrat in every election except 1992/96. he voted Perot cause Clinton being such a scumbag. although going all the way back to Eisenhower, Bush at least got the ADA through to his credit, so I guess he's the best they got since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Trumpers trying to suppress voters.
    UPDATE: NY AG announces investigation.

Attempts to hinder voters from exercising their right to cast their ballots are disheartening, disturbing, and wrong. What’s more is that it is illegal, and it will not be tolerated
    Subpoenas are already out.

The calls origin is currently unknown, but because it is criminal election fraud, the safe bet is foreign, then Republican, then anyone else. Republicans have been caught more times and with more cases directly changing votes, and tend to fall for internet scams and conspiracy theories so it makes sense they think this would work. But, considering the early votes heavily faovr Democrat, unless the calls are only going to Democratic households, this attack will hurt Trump more, suggesting an outside source that doesn't like Trump, such as literally everyone.

"You're ruling out a Democrat?"

No, but it's way far down the list. Democrats don't need to cheat to win. The polls put them ahead, Cheating risks that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    He became Ralph Nader in 2000
    Ralph was correct... :/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He will start his own news network... Tump News... all antifa, all the time...
    I suspect Donald Trump and his children will monetize the fuck out of the GOP after leaving power, Trump will try to be the kingmaker of the party. The people who think they can go back to being the old GOP are simply delusional, they will continue to haunt the GOP in primaries ruining their chances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I suspect Donald Trump and his children will monetize the fuck out of the GOP after leaving power, Trump will try to be the kingmaker of the party. The people who think they can go back to being the old GOP are simply delusional, they will continue to haunt the GOP in primaries ruining their chances.
    Yeah, it’s why I’m surprised Trump Wall being argued as a giant advertisement for Trump Corporation, wasn’t more prolific. I honestly don’t think he gives a shit about immigration... but, a Trump Wall running the length of US border, on every map, on every atlas and in history books? You can’t buy that sort of publicity...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope Trump will lose, but I find it wiser to believe that Trump will win. Last years, the Americans never disappointed to disappoint. So that boarish, rude, lying, boastful, vain, cad, racist, opportunistic, phony bipedal warthog will win.

But I will be so happy if I'm wrong.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I hope Trump will lose, but I find it wiser to believe that Trump will win. Last years, the Americans never disappointed to disappoint. So that boarish, rude, lying, boastful, vain, cad, racist, opportunistic, phony bipedal warthog will win.

But I will be so happy if I'm wrong.
    Evil always wins.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE: The FBI is in on the investigation.

This is election fraud. Whoever did this needs to be hauled into an American court.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the party will try to distance itself so they don't get mitigate/how people forget the stench of corruption. Doesn't necessarily conservatives will abandon him. Theres plenty of room for them to become your conservative grifter that makes money touring the country doing radio/tv spots, speeches, and book deals. Bet they'll try to land an exclusive podcast deal but I don't know of any DSP that would actually take them.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s only 1 pm on the west coast... my lunch literally ended... 7 min ago... hmm....
    Pssshaw. You're on the Left Coast. Corn fields and closed coal mines need to vote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

If trump loses I really think the party is going the way of the Whigs.

Yeah, it’s why I’m surprised Trump Wall being argued as a giant advertisement for Trump Corporation, wasn’t more prolific. I honestly don’t think he gives a shit about immigration... but, a Trump Wall running the length of US border, on every map, on every atlas and in history books? You can’t buy that sort of publicity...
    The wall was never primarily about advertising. It might have been a nice bonus, but the primary purpose was to create a multi-billion dollar slush fund that he could redirect into his own pockets via shady deals with "business associates". That's why he was pushing it so hard for so long, it was his guaranteed payday. I suspect he's done something similar with Covid once that opportunity came up.

Hopefully some post Trump investigations dig into where a lot of this money ended up.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Texas so bad for Biden and Hegar.

Totally a greed roll.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    I want Texas so bad for Biden and Hegar.

Totally a greed roll.
    A greed roll minus thirty imo.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

ok CNN exit polls are bullshit, they ain't accounting for any of the people who are voting early just voting today.

48% think coronavirus handling is going well? bullshit.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...loses-n1245926

Seldom far from Mr. Trump's thoughts ... is the possibility of defeat — and the potential consequences of being ejected from the White House. In unguarded moments, Mr. Trump has for weeks told advisers that he expects to face intensifying scrutiny from prosecutors if he loses. He is concerned not only about existing investigations in New York, but the potential for new federal probes as well, according to people who have spoken with him.

Fear is a powerful thing...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    ok CNN exit polls are bullshit, they ain't accounting for any of the people who are voting early just voting today.

48% think coronavirus handling is going well? bullshit.
    Well yeah...that's what an exit poll is. It's an informal poll as people leave the voting locations, so it's not gonna say shit about mail in voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...loses-n1245926

Fear is a powerful thing...

- - - Updated - - -

Well yeah...that's what an exit poll is. It's an informal poll as people leave the voting locations, so it's not gonna say shit about mail in voters.
    but also not informally polling early in person voting either. and on top of that, the vast majority voted early. So yeah exit polls this year are super bullshit.

This is shaping up to be a Trump landslide. Multiple reports of Biden getting absolutely steamrolled in Florida. Trump won Florida in 2016 by around 100k votes. Trump is reportedly already ahead in Florida by 200k+ and the working class GOP vote is just now hitting the polling places after work. And yes, these totals include mail-in ballots and early voting.

Biden is smoked.

Word is GOP turnout is at historic proportions. Republicans are coming out and voting like never before.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.