Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Whilst I'm against multi boxing, you think they could have at least differentiated between someone doing 2 or 3 toons for fun vs someone doing 40 for farming/profit.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Sorry, its not.

There are many multiboxers that this change wont affect their gameplay.

Multiboxing isnt the same thing as replicating the same spell to other accounts using external software. Multiboxing is playing more than one account at a time.
    The issue isnt and never was people running two instances of wow and tabing in and out dude lol. Think about it for more than a second and you should understand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok cool. But they’re specifically defining software whereas multiboxing enthusiasts actually could set up some dedicated hardware for duplicating input instead.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Whilst I'm against multi boxing, you think they could have at least differentiated between someone doing 2 or 3 toons for fun vs someone doing 40 for farming/profit.
    They did. By banning software to make it impossible to manage 40 players. You can manage 2-3 without a software.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Multiboxing isnt the same thing as replicating the same spell to other accounts using external software. Multiboxing is playing more than one account at a time.
    That may have been what it meant once, but it definitely changed to mean something more in the last several years. Multiboxers these days are seen to be those with an army of multiple identically toons acting in unison.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Ok cool. But they’re specifically defining software whereas multiboxing enthusiasts actually could set up some dedicated hardware for duplicating input instead.
    They could, but proving that they are using something similar is going to be fairly obvious, and instantly bannable. May not be detectable, but they will still ban them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    How often do you guys ACTUALLY see multiboxers? I see maybe one once per year and i played on a high pop server for years and now a medium one for a few years.
    I just never saw them myself often enough to think they're a "problem"
    I farmed the better part of a Brutosaur's worth of gold of Osmenite on a singular character.

I saw a LOT of multiboxers. They'd descend all girded up with monel-hardened stirrups and then cap out the mining limit on osmenite nodes.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    They could, but proving that they are using something similar is going to be fairly obvious, and instantly bannable. May not be detectable, but they will still ban them.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    They did. By banning software to make it impossible to manage 40 players. You can manage 2-3 without a software.
    That's not really multiboxing as we know it now.

So here are a few thoughts:

If the multiboxers were really 'ruining' the economy, you'll now pay more for your consumables and crafted items. For resource farmers, you probably still gain a bit more than you lose, for a majority you end up losing gold.
    If multiboxers weren't actually ruining the economy, there is no net change. The tears were for nothing but that won't be admitted. It's like saying you no longer get to play whatever class you main because that class is broken and ruins the game, but after that class is banned we see no change in the game...oops?

***Botters =/= multiboxers***

Botters don't care about ToS and what is or isn't banned. They will continue to bot. They will continue to multibox bots if they were doing so before the ban.

Game goes on, the legitimate multiboxers will stop multiboxing and people will fail to realize that anecdotal evidence shouldn't be the grounds for making decisions. Meh.
    SorryNotSorry

I remember quitting arena because of multiboxers back in bc.
    Long overdue but welcome

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    I think people are a little confused.

Blizzard is not saying you can not multibox (they have gone on record and say they support it).

What they are saying is you can not use a 3rd part app to controll your toons. Thats it, the people multiboxing and not using 3rd party programs will be fine. And by the way you can fully multibox without them.
    That was only ever my issue with it.

If you want to pay for 10 accounts and have them /follow one toon around, sure, I really don't care.

But if you want to herb or mine a node, you'd better be clicking it 10 different times.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Reading their wording it is oddly specific with talking as if it’s the software that will be the bannable offense, though. But yeah it could be an oversight with the statement whereas manual review will warn/ban hardware multiboxers as well.

It would be interesting to read a forum thread with actual multiboxers thoughts and interpretations on this.
    Last edited by Wries; 2020-11-04 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That's not really multiboxing as we know it now.
    What I’m saying is you can still multibox just fine with a low number of characters. And honestly, idc if it’s 2 or 1000 characters. Your keystrokes should never be broadcasted to multiple toons. Period.

I remember pots requiring 10+ herbs to craft at the beginning of BFA - per pot. While the average node gave you like 2-3 herbs. Pretty sure flasks were around ~20 herbs per flask.

Multiboxers were the only way to reasonably get access to these resources. I don't know what alchemy is gonna look like in SL, but I sure as fuck am not looking forward to paying 500g per pot.

Multiboxers this or that, I don't care, they never affected me at all whatsoever. Like, I've even been leveling a ton of characters and I still haven't seen a single multiboxer in the last like 3 months or so. All they did for me was to tank prices for most goods down to a reasonable level. So let's see if y'all still be like 'thank god multiboxers are gone' once everything increases its cost by 5000% and you'll be forced to gather for 6 hours to pay for 8 hours of raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Fuck you druid flocks. I don't have an ounce of sympathy for any of you.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzix View Post
    So here are a few thoughts:

If the multiboxers were really 'ruining' the economy, you'll now pay more for your consumables and crafted items. For resource farmers, you probably still gain a bit more than you lose, for a majority you end up losing gold.
    If multiboxers weren't actually ruining the economy, there is no net change. The tears were for nothing but that won't be admitted. It's like saying you no longer get to play whatever class you main because that class is broken and ruins the game, but after that class is banned we see no change in the game...oops?

***Botters =/= multiboxers***

Botters don't care about ToS and what is or isn't banned. They will continue to bot. They will continue to multibox bots if they were doing so before the ban.

Game goes on, the legitimate multiboxers will stop multiboxing and people will fail to realize that anecdotal evidence shouldn't be the grounds for making decisions. Meh.
    If both multiboxing and botting are banned (and they often go together,) multiboxing is way more conspicuous than botting. Two birds with one stone, really.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Long overdue. I've seen lots of sets of druids all farming stuff, to the point that it makes completing quests in that area more difficult.

Druids should be happy, i think the other action would be to nerf them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    How often do you guys ACTUALLY see multiboxers? I see maybe one once per year and i played on a high pop server for years and now a medium one for a few years.
    I just never saw them myself often enough to think they're a "problem"
    Literally every day that I went to Naz to get Zin.

Not to mention I always come across boomkins out in the wild farming shit for skins or cloth.
    Putin khuliyo

Am I the only one not so naiv to belive that this will stop multiboxers?