I'm not surprised Trump is winning, I'm surprised by how comfortably he is winning.

Whatever the outcome (I think Trump will win, but I really am hoping to be truly wrong this time), one thing has become obvious and ought to be undeniable...

The whole "return to normalcy" routine centrists have been pushing has completely fell on its face, failing spectacularly.

As did the notion that an army of white "Leave it to Beaver" suburban moms are going to swarm out and carry Biden to the White House on their shoulders in the name of centrism.

This strategy has clearly and horribly failed, tho I doubt centrists will be able to accept this, and I know they will ignore it if Biden somehow scrapes out a narrow win, doing nothing to address the underlying systemic failures.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    trump is an enemy to china especially after the CHINA PLAGUE.
    LOL - that's hilarious.

Trump pulled out of the TPP which was specifically there to combat China.

Trump isn't pro and anti anything - he is just an incompetent fool being taken advantage of by enemies inside (Mitch etc) and outside (Putin etc).

Anyway - I'm relatively safe where I live for a few years, but I feel bad for all the youngsters heading into a pretty crappy future.

Today was a nexus, and the US voted to head into hell.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    It's pretty fucking amazing how Bush Jr. sneaked back into the good graces of the media after presiding over the murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent people, based on a lie.
    Bush Jr skirts by because even though he did a lot of bad stuff, he wasn't exactly racist, or sexist. He killed a lot of foreign innocent people but a good part of the country was on board in parties. He flipped the American lives lost under him as soldiers dying for their country. The economy was so damn complicated that people dont know who to blame.

Trump has none of those get out of jail free cards.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Sure you do
    I actually do, yes. Although I do admit my specialty lies in neurosurgical methods applied on animal models, mostly involving stroke, not in making a diagnosis. But it matters absolutely naught to me whether you wish to believe me or not. Won't affect my credentials any, after all. And is still very, very obvious Biden...isn't at his forte. Even though he might very well be able to hammer out 4 years without having to step down prematurely, it should be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I'm not surprised Trump is winning, I'm surprised by how comfortably he is winning.
    If it goes Trump's way so heavily, it's only a further reminder that America is no longer any form of leader re: social progress.

It's heavy regression. My wife was like, 'how the hell do people vote for Trump?' I explained single issues like gay marriage, abortion, race relations, healthcare, guns. Literally stuff that isn't even close to being on the ballot in the country like the UK. Because we're not that backward...

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The dems have trying for universal health care since 1992. 28 years. You don't need to win an election to make it happen. Instead, the dems could have started a national charity in 1992 to provide free healthcare to the poor and gotten everything they could have wanted by 2005. They've wasted billions trying to win elections when they could have poured that cash into just setting up the infrastructure and doing it themselves.
    Fuck you.

You can't do universal healthcare as a charity dumbass. It relies on sharing the risk pool among a massive population in order to keep premiums down for high risk people, and it relies on relatively healthy people buying in.

We have universal healthcare for seniors and those in poverty already, and we have since fucking LBJ. It's just the rest (the majority) of everyone else who gets fucked in the ass by healthcare costs, insurance premiums, wage slavery since your benefits are most often tied to your job, the works.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-11-04 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Minor Flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

That a lot for mailed votes to swap.
    Trump has a significant portion of the votes he's going to get already. Neither pittsburg or philidelphia (and surrounding burbs) are close to being done counting votes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Whatever the outcome (I think Trump will win, but I really am hoping to be truly wrong this time), one thing has become obvious and ought to be undeniable...

The whole "return to normalcy" routine centrists have been pushing has completely fell on its face, failing spectacularly.

As did the notion that an army of white "Leave it to Beaver" suburban moms are going to swarm out and carry Biden to the White House on their shoulders in the name of centrism.

This strategy has clearly and horribly failed, tho I doubt centrists will be able to accept this, and I know they will ignore it if Biden somehow scrapes out a narrow win, doing nothing to address the underlying systemic failures.
    Are you really implying people aren't motivated enough to vote for Biden? Sanders' loss would have already been called if Trump still has this much support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so I'm looking at Biden 244 Trump 247 and then WI, Mi, and PA.

If Biden wins both WI amd MI, he has 270 and wins.

If Biden doesn't get them both, we have to wait to see what happens to Pennsylvania.

In Asia, Trump is seen as the enemy of China. Biden will extend the "olive branch".

Okay so I'm looking at Biden 244 Trump 247 and then WI, Mi, and PA.

If Biden wins both WI amd MI, he has 270 and wins.
    MI is likely to take a few days for final vote tallies too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

How polls were so wrong again? After being spot on for the midterms?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

Amen. I've been screaming this for awhile now.

Independent no longer equals moderate/centrist. Independent equals disillusioned. People are fed up with typical politicians.

The ONLY reason Biden won the Dem nom is because Dems thought he was safe. Most dems, preferred policy from other candidates, but voted Biden because he was centrist and safe.

I know @cubby is going to come here and scream at me again, but if the primary numbers were indicative of voting, then why the fuck was Harris the VP nom and not Sanders or Pete or Warren, who all had more delegates than Harris who had none?

Biden may still pull this out and hopefully he does, but regardless, Dems better change their fucking strategy going forward.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    A huge swathe of votes haven't been counted as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Are you really implying people aren't motivated enough to vote for Biden? Sanders' loss would have already been called if Trump still has this much support.
    I'm not implying it. I am saying it.

This was supposed to be a slam dunk, a landslide, a clear victory.

We've been told for months how suburban voter will swing everything from Georgia to maybe Texas. How Biden is so much more electable than Sanders or Clinton. How just winding back the clock to 2015 is what will carry the day! Etc.

Well...here we are, in the verge of a 2nd Trump term.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Amen. I've been screaming this for awhile now.

Independent no longer equals moderate/centrist. Independent equals disillusioned. People are fed up with typical politicians.

The ONLY reason Biden won the Dem nom is because Dems thought he was safe. Most dems, preferred policy from other candidates, but voted Biden because he was centrist and safe.

I know @cubby is going to come here and scream at me again, but if the primary numbers were indicative of voting, then why the fuck was Harris the VP nom and not Sanders or Pete or Warren, who all had more delegates than Harris who had none?

Biden may still pull this out and hopefully he does, but regardless, Dems better change their fucking strategy going forward.
    Honestly, I don't get how stuff works. My logic would say if Biden wins the most primary delegates, he's the nom. The 2nd place is...the VP pick.

Politico reporting 209 for Biden, 119 for Trump.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Trump has a significant portion of the votes he's going to get already. Neither pittsburg or philidelphia (and surrounding burbs) are close to being done counting votes.
    Trump has a 400,000 plus lead right now.

There are 2.6 million mailed votes but I assume some have already been counted.

If, say, 3/4ths of them have already been counted, Biden would need a ridiculously high percent of what's left to take Pennsylvania.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Because clearly people are lying to pollsters. Why they are doing so is a mystery, but they are obviously doing it.