View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    lol yes! ditch the worlds biggest trading block so you can get free trade deals with.... Kenya! BOOM! What a fucking joke lol, what's next? Somalia?
    People seem to forget that France alone has a bigger GDP than Africa. That trade is best with local neighbours and as the world gets ever closer together larger groups will be forming just like the EU. Where you'll either be in and a big fish in a pond or outside and a small fish in a shark tank full of sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    GDP Kenya €77 billion
    GDP Unitet Kingdom €2.500 billion
    Sure I'm not trying to paint it as some economic powerhouse, I'm just saying it's not such a bad place.

It was being likened to Somalia for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Sure I'm not trying to paint it as some economic powerhouse, I'm just saying it's not such a bad place.

It was being likened to Somalia for example.
    400 millions worth in trade both ways. That's really going to make a difference

Basically no progress between Barnier and Frost again this week? Good thing the UK is hard at work closing deals with Zimbabwe, Myanmar and Paraguay to save the day?
    While the UK is building parking lots in Kent for the poor lorry drivers who will be stuck there, the Nrtherlands, France and Belgium have all their systems up and running. New staff has been recruited and trained and they have run enough drills and simulations to know how long, down to the minute, the divorce will affect lorry and container processing.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    Basically no progress between Barnier and Frost again this week? Good thing the UK is hard at work closing deals with Zimbabwe, Myanmar and Paraguay to save the day?
    While the UK is building parking lots in Kent for the poor lorry drivers who will be stuck there, the Nrtherlands, France and Belgium have all their systems up and running. New staff has been recruited and trained and they have run enough drills and simulations to know how long, down to the minute, the divorce will affect lorry and container processing.
    Surrender deals to Zimbabwe and Myanmar will be hilarious "Hey former colonies we brutalised back in the day. Will you please be super nice to us and not exploit our bad situation? Pretty please."

Well would be if the situation also didn't mean my town in Essex isn't going to have a lorry park gridlock for 20+ miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Surrender deals to Zimbabwe and Myanmar will be hilarious "Hey former colonies we brutalised back in the day. Will you please be super nice to us and not exploit our bad situation? Pretty please."

Well would be if the situation also didn't mean my town in Essex isn't going to have a lorry park gridlock for 20+ miles.
    Aww shit. Really sorry to hear that. I wish there was a way out of this shitpit but it seems unlikely. I was actually hoping for a bit of good news from Frosnier today

Aww shit. Really sorry to hear that. I wish there was a way out of this shitpit but it seems unlikely. I was actually hoping for a bit of good news from Frosnier today
    I personally do have ways out that I will go with once Covid ends. I'll be fine either way long term. But others here that didn't vote for this I feel for. (Those that did which unfortunately was a high majority in the town can go to hell they brought it on themselves.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I personally do have ways out that I will go with once Covid ends. I'll be fine either way long term. But others here that didn't vote for this I feel for. (Those that did which unfortunately was a high majority in the town can go to hell they brought it on themselves.)
    Good for you to a degree. But it's still awful. It shouldnt come to this bullshit.

Good for you to a degree. But it's still awful. It shouldnt come to this bullshit.
    Oh I agree, hell the brexit groups were saying it wouldn't come to this saying they'd go for a Norway deal. Then after they won it was "Well it was always meant to be hard brexit." and those that voted for it changed their tune along with them.

"We have the EU at home"

The EU at home: Kenya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    "We have the EU at home"

The EU at home: Kenya.
    BoJo is having a little little chat with Ursula tomorrow afternoon according to her calendar. Probably nothing significant but that will give us an excuse to talk shit through the weekend I guess.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    how will Biden's incoming presidency affect brexit ? US-UK trade talks will have to start over per my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    how will Biden's incoming presidency affect brexit ? US-UK trade talks will have to start over per my guess.
    Well, there's this:

and these gems from fairly prominent Tories:

So I'm sure they'll get along like a house on fire. Especially with Boris' idea that he can push a no-deal brexit across the line, now that the USA has a president who is very fond of both Ireland and the Peace Process and is on the record as saying that there will not be a trade deal if Brexit endangers the peace process, and the EU will be aware of this.

I expect Boris to cave to EU demands so that he can get the US deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Biden has already made it clear he is set to restore the relations with his western allies to how it was under Obama.

I can imagine this isn't going down very well with the brexit crowd. Another illusion shattered i suppose.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post

So I'm sure they'll get along like a house on fire. Especially with Boris' idea that he can push a no-deal brexit across the line, now that the USA has a president who is very fond of both Ireland and the Peace Process and is on the record as saying that there will not be a trade deal if Brexit endangers the peace process, and the EU will be aware of this.

Boris will cry it is everybody else's fault but as long he does something useful it might save some face. he knows how to call Barnier or Ursula vdL and then the grown ups can talk sense. Brexit is still a shitshow but the impact may be softened to some extent.

some day UK might even be glad for such "foreign" involvement, but not today with Tories.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2020-11-07 at 09:49 PM.

Poor brexiters, now they don't get to be America's bitch after all.

Better call Uganda!

I do feel sorry for the UK, victims of the now dying conspiracy theory populism.

Done is done, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler to Baby Sloths View Post

Brexiteers are patient people waiting 40+ years to leave the EU. By the time Biden is inaugurated towards the end of January we are fully out of the EU, transition is done and history. From then to the next US election in 3 and a bit years...

We brexiteers have been waiting for 60 years in order that the EU can get a trade deal with the US so the UK can benefit. They haven't managed it and don't ever look likely to be able to, we can wait the less than 4 years, relatively a blink of an eye until another US president is elected. And who knows Trump 2024?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Brexiteers are patient people waiting 40+ years to leave the EU. By the time Biden is inaugurated towards the end of January we are fully out of the EU, transition is done and history. From then to the next US election in 3 and a bit years...

We brexiteers have been waiting for 60 years in order that the EU can get a trade deal with the US so the UK can benefit. They haven't managed it and don't ever look likely to be able to, we can wait the less than 4 years, relatively a blink of an eye until another US president is elected. And who knows Trump 2024?
    Look at that, the Brexiteers are only willing to do something if somebody else does it for them. You promised us a quick and easy deal with the USA. I want to see it happen. After all, you've been saying how great the UK is at negotiating for the last 4 years. That deal with Japan where you pick up the scraps the EU doesn't want at the end of the year was a stroke of genius! I mean, it's worth 0.003% of Japan's GDP!