Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Multiboxing isn’t banned, no. It isn’t particularly all that enforceable as some people have multiple accounts to play at the same time for other reasons too (e.g RP)

I think the change is overall a good one though. It’ll make multiboxing more difficult and will discourage it.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    Just like how anyone who still want to bot/mod/hack can still do it?
    Doesn't mean they aren't going to get warnings/bans. I honestly don't know what your point is. They just said they are going to treat multiboxing as an actionable offense and here you are telling us that people who STILL want to do it can still do it? Don't you think that's beyond the point here?
    They said dont use software to mimick keystrokes while multiboxing but nothing about multiboxing itself

7+ Year Old Account

Red face

So, if I understand it correctly, then such

kind of multiboxing is legal, but one with using repetition/reflection of your input - isn't.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So multiboxing is against the ToS.

What is still not against the ToS is playing more than one account, and given millions of accounts are played simultaneously every day - that isn't surprising.
    Correction multiboxing isn't agaisnt tos.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    They selling those for wow tokens now?
    multiboxing existed way before WoD, tho

They aren't cheap that's for sure but a dedicated hardware boxer uses a USB multicaster which I believe is what the OP is alluding to.

Still agree with others that this will raise the economic barrier of entry to a level that will cause a large decline.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ah yes, because every multiboxer has this set-up:

Spoiler alert: They don't.
    "Hurr durr, alt-tabbing hard"

Running a 5 box setup to farm will still be incredible profitable even if picking herbs takes 3 seconds longer.

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post
    They aren't cheap that's for sure but a dedicated hardware boxer uses a USB multicaster which I believe is what the OP is alluding to.

Still agree with others that this will raise the economic barrier of entry to a level that will cause a large decline.
    Yes, anyone already multiboxing will have to make some adjustments to keep going. Starting out will be harder.

I have 6 accounts. 1 main account and 5 for farming, ill still be running the 5 in SL. This changes almost nothing.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Multiboxing isn't only farming herbs on 5+ characters. It is also for example playing Classic on account 2 while you waiting for long queue on Retail account 1.

I don't see how first would be possible without aid of software and how other shouldn't be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Yes, anyone already multiboxing will have to make some adjustments to keep going. Starting out will be harder.

I have 6 accounts. 1 main account and 5 for farming, ill still be running the 5 in SL. This changes almost nothing.
    You seems to not get that Blizzard want to stop stuff like you do. You will be fine/undetected is very, very few people would find a way around current limitations, but otherwise you may be sure Blizzard will take further actions.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-11-04 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elmoe420 View Post

And it really depends if Blizzard then disallows anything that emulates such a design - which isn't out of the realm of possibility. They may not be able to check if you're using software at that point but they sure as hell can detect the duplicated inputs.

Its literally not dead. Slightly less convenient and anyone that wants to can still do it.
    Slightly? Lmao, multiboxers going into full-on denial mode. It's okay, the grief process will get you there eventually, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    And it really depends if Blizzard then disallows anything that emulates such a design - which isn't out of the realm of possibility. They may not be able to check if you're using software at that point but they sure as hell can detect the duplicated inputs.
    Its not software. Its hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Slightly? Lmao, multiboxers going into full-on denial mode. It's okay, the grief process will get you there eventually, buddy.
    Yes, I meant exactly what I said. Looking up what i need at work and ill have it set this week and ready to go for SL. Keep crying though ill enjoy my herbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bitterwinter View Post
    Multiboxing isn’t banned, no. It isn’t particularly all that enforceable as some people have multiple accounts to play at the same time for other reasons too (e.g RP)

I think the change is overall a good one though. It’ll make multiboxing more difficult and will discourage it.
    Yeah, what I imagine will happen is that they'll use their detection abilities in two ways: check for 3rd party software running when WoW is operating, and likely a flagging system for when you see 'suspicious' behavior that aligns with automatic activity that would overlap with typical multiboxing movements of characters. The backup system is player reporting. Whether the hardware/mechanical methods of multiboxing will get targeted and treated the same way eventually or just incidentally, I couldn't say, but I wouldn't doubt it as a long-term goal.

Kind of sucks if you were just a casual multiboxer for various reasons, as sometimes it's fun to mess around with 'soloing' content with your own 5-man multibox group. I knew something was going to happen eventually, but I figured Blizz would go the route of limiting how many characters you could multibox at once, which would tamper down on the 'problematic' behavior while allowing the practice to be accessible. I can guarantee that botting/exploiting concerns were not the sole factor in this decision, but rather extreme multiboxing and its effects on PvP and the in-game economy. After a certain point, there is no retaliation or combating massive multiboxing and the exact coordination and/or power involved.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-11-04 at 06:43 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Ah yes, because every multiboxer has this set-up:

Spoiler alert: They don't.
    There is even no garantee that such a setup won't prompt a ban either. I don't know how all those tiny keyboards are connected and if all being connected to a controller in a single machine won't prompt Blizzard as "automation software".

If these are 6 pc's, each connecting to a different keyboard, it's probably fine, otherwise who knows?
    These are uncharted and dangerous waters.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-11-04 at 06:49 AM.

Its not software. Its hardware.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I meant exactly what I said. Looking up what i need at work and ill have it set this week and ready to go for SL. Keep crying though ill enjoy my herbs.
    Wouldnt be a big leap from them banning keystroke sending software to them banning hardware with the same functionality. Even though upholding that takes a lot more work. I'm not sure how intrusive blizzards software detection is atm though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    There is no garantee that such a setup won't prompt a ban either. I don't know how all those tiny keyboards are connected and if all being connected to a controller in a single machine won't prompt Blizzard as "automation software".

These are uncharted and dangerous waters.
    They have to be connected seperately to function properly. If you have access to device management you should be able to detect how many are connected.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    They said dont use software to mimick keystrokes while multiboxing but nothing about multiboxing itself
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Um no......Straight from a blue post earlier:

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use. Please note, however, that use of input broadcasting software may result in account penalties.

Multiboxing is NOT AGAINST THE TOS. Using 3rd party software to do so IS however.
    You're right...

I mean you just manually set all your alt accounts to follow your main Druid, land just in front of the herb, and alt tab/right click to herb it. No additional software, nothing against the ToS, quite a few more inputs, but still a shit ton of gold.

OP isn't wrong.

I saw someone give a good example somewhere.

Blizz did say they dont allow software that enables easy multiboxing, etc. Yet it is still a stance against multiboxing. I wouldn't be surprised if this is not enough, they will extend it.

Someone used poe as an example. I think it was something regarding automatic keybinding or something. When poe developers said that some program is not allowed that does X, they mean X isn't allowed. They dont care whether you use another software or even put a stick on your keyboard to do it. Just that X is not allowed.

Not sure if that translates to this, but probably not. Yet at least. Still it is a clear stance against multiboxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I saw someone give a good example somewhere.

Blizz did say they dont allow software that enables easy multiboxing, etc. Yet it is still a stance against multiboxing. I wouldn't be surprised if this is not enough, they will extend it.

Someone used poe as an example. I think it was something regarding automatic keybinding or something. When poe developers said that some program is not allowed that does X, they mean X isn't allowed. They dont care whether you use another software or even put a stick on your keyboard to do it. Just that X is not allowed.

Not sure if that translates to this, but probably not. Yet at least. Still it is a clear stance against multiboxing.
    Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use. Please note, however, that use of input broadcasting software may result in account penalties.

^from a blizzard blue post

Wtf don't you understand about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    I mean you just manually set all your alt accounts to follow your main Druid, land just in front of the herb, and alt tab/right click to herb it. No additional software, nothing against the ToS, quite a few more inputs, but still a shit ton of gold.

OP isn't wrong.
    This is a ton of extra time for those 10x druid multiboxers. If nothing else its a big step in the right direction