Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Its not software. Its hardware.
    Of course, but Blizzard is banning the software because of what it's doing to the game - and using hardware instead of software still goes against the reasoning they gave. It's not bannable (yet), but I wouldn't be shocked if they made these edge-case result in the same bans.

Correction multiboxing isn't agaisnt tos.
    really - well Blizzard announcement suggests otherwise.

The fact they can detect software and can't detect hardware - changes only how easily it is for you to get caught.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    People like you are why Blizzard is now taking action. You're literally encouraging people to bot.
    Here is a wild idea? Why not instead of botting to get a unfair advantage...you just play the game normally like everyone else? I know weird wild stuff!

https://www.wowhead.com/news=318925/...to-prevent-bot

Just don't use the software anymore. Still ez gold.

Thank you blizzard.

we know that but mirror or automation system that does work for you is.....No..No

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    This is a ton of extra time for those 10x druid multiboxers. If nothing else its a big step in the right direction
    Is it? Once you've got the alts on follow it should only take a few seconds longer per node (if that). They're still going to outfarm everyone else by an incredible margin, & dominate the AH prices because of it.

(Not that I care. As a raider, I'm glad multiboxers drop the herb prices )

The only thing this ToS update really stops is getting one banged by a multiboxer in PvP. They're still going to be miles ahead in farming.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

The fact they can detect software and can't detect hardware - changes only how easily it is for you to get caught.
    Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use. Please note, however, that use of input broadcasting software may result in account penalties.

Quote from blizzard. You dont need software to multibox = multiboxing still not agaisnt tos. Fucking hell people are stuid.

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use. Please note, however, that use of input broadcasting software may result in account penalties.

^from a blizzard blue post

Wtf don't you understand about that?
    That is a definition issue.

Multiboxing defined as running multiple accounts at once is not what is seen as multiboxing. Automating their use is. That is what people have issue with. No one cares you can still run multiple accounts at once.

Quote from blizzard. You dont need software to multibox = multiboxing still not agaisnt tos. Fucking hell people are stuid.
    Lol, if you want to sit there and alt-tab to each window or have multiple mice running on multiple PCs then...have fun I guess. A little pathetic that you care this much about virtual currency in a video game but you do you. The good news is I'll be able to swoop in and grab my share of the node from you while you're fumbling around with buttons so I'm pleased.

That said, if you think that them just saying 'software' means you can use some hardware means to make one click equal multiple actions as some kind of loophole then....well, let's just say you don't have a place to call anyone else stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Lol, if you want to sit there and alt-tab to each window or have multiple mice running on multiple PCs then...have fun I guess. A little pathetic that you care this much about virtual currency in a video game but you do you. The good news is I'll be able to swoop in and grab my share of the node from you while you're fumbling around with buttons so I'm pleased.

That said, if you think that them just saying 'software' means you can use some hardware means to make one click equal multiple actions as some kind of loophole then....well, let's just say you don't have a place to call anyone else stupid.
    Or you just use built in W10 tools to bind each window to a different keybinding, with the herb being in an identical spot on each of the non-leaders screen. You're talking less than a second to hit the node on all the characters.

(Again, I don't multibox myself, but if you think this impacts herb farming in any meaningful way besides a mild inconvenience to the multiboxer than you're sorely mistaken).

People who think they can be cheesy and dodge this with some crafty hardware solution to multiboxing, will get banned because of player reports.

You think Blizzard will really look into what someone is using if there are 5+ chars running/flying around in perfect formation and do everything in sync? People will report it and Blizzard will ban it because there is no thorough inspection necessary after this change.

This is a nitpick really, but you should probably spellcheck so you don't miss the part where you fail to type the word stupid...while trying to call people stupid.

I've never done it and i'm not interested in it. But I don't have anything against it. If people want to do it, it's fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, kinda sad that they didn't just forbid playing multiple accounts simultaneously. All you have to do is park your guys in a single spot, put them all on follow mode manually and keep alt tabbing when casting or looting. Probably some clever ways to also make the abilities cast simultaneously without using any software to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I've never done it and i'm not interested in it. But I don't have anything against it. If people want to do it, it's fine.
    It might not interest you, but it may affect you. Multiboxers make everything significantly cheaper in the auction house. So if you're one who prefers selling over buying, then multiboxers make you earn less gold.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2020-11-04 at 08:02 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

15+ Year Old Account
    'Slightly less convenient' is an understatement. It's wildly less convenient. Still doable but you have to fork out the ass for hardware or try to replicate inputs using VMWare instances, which may or may not violate Blizzard's new policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    People who think they can be cheesy and dodge this with some crafty hardware solution to multiboxing, will get banned because of player reports.

You think Blizzard will really look into what someone is using if there are 5+ chars running/flying around in perfect formation and do everything in sync? People will report it and Blizzard will ban it because there is no thorough inspection necessary after this change.
    Except Blizzard explicitly says that multiboxing itself still isn't illegal in their own support articles (only input broadcasting software is).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

I think you are misunderstanding something here.

Multiboxing isnt specificly what they are cracking down on. They are banning the use of external software that duplicates keypresses and sends them to different instances of wow.

Having multiple copies of wow running on the same pc is still perfectly within the bounds of the ToS.

Iamm all for this change. But they havent done anything to prevent people multiboxing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Is it? Once you've got the alts on follow it should only take a few seconds longer per node (if that). They're still going to outfarm everyone else by an incredible margin, & dominate the AH prices because of it.

(Not that I care. As a raider, I'm glad multiboxers drop the herb prices )

The only thing this ToS update really stops is getting one banged by a multiboxer in PvP. They're still going to be miles ahead in farming.
    Tabbing and clicking 10 times takes longer then clicking once. It takes about 10x longer per node.

I also dont think you should underestimate the laziness of these people. One of the reasons they are doing it in the first place is to avoid the amount of work they would otherwise have to do.

Having to alt tab between each instance is annoying.

Also what people we arent discussing is that this hits the botters severely. Most of those druids you see flying around multiboxing are botting

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    'Slightly less convenient' is an understatement. It's wildly less convenient. Still doable but you have to fork out the ass for hardware or try to replicate inputs using VMWare instances, which may or may not violate Blizzard's new policies.

Except Blizzard explicitly says that multiboxing itself still isn't illegal in their own support articles (only input broadcasting software is).
    Playing multiple accounts is not illegal. They won't take a closer look at multiple accounts in perfect sync, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    That is a definition issue.

Multiboxing defined as running multiple accounts at once is not what is seen as multiboxing. Automating their use is. That is what people have issue with. No one cares you can still run multiple accounts at once.
    You are defining it wrong then. Multiboxing has a clear definition and it has nothing to do with automation.

its pretty much dead, if people want to wheelchair 5 accounts by tabbing back and forth or buying 5 different keyboards and shit its up to them, but that ain't really multiboxing in my book

real question is if blizzard will actually enforce the rule or not

Yeah this won’t affect botters. Unfortunately people mistakenly think multiboxers are botters

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard was able to detect unwanted software (in this case multiboxing software aka "input broadcasting software") then we wouldn't have bots. Moreover, the "multiboxers" abusing gathering etc that are played by actual real players only represent a fraction of the "multiboxers" that you see in reality. Most of the "multiboxers" that you see are simply bots scripted to stay together in a group and farm (or do whatever they are scripted to do - the possibilities are pretty much endless).