Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Most Democrats and Anti-Trumpers voted by Mail. Absentee ballots take longer to count.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/penn...ry?id=73993649
    They won't be enough to make up for some of the massive differences. 2 major polls that were endorsed by major newspapers had Wisconson up 17 and 11 points respectively. Trump is currently sitting at a 4 point lead with 82% of the vote. If I were a typical rightist conspiracy theorist, i'd be suspecting foul play, but i'm not, it's more likely the polls are trash.

Presidential polling is finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    They won't be enough to make up for some of the massive differences. 2 major polls that were endorsed by major newspapers had Wisconson up 17 and 11 points respectively. Trump is currently sitting at a 4 point lead with 82% of the vote. If I were a typical rightist conspiracy theorist, i'd be suspecting foul play, but i'm not, it's more likely the polls are trash.

Presidential polling is finished.
    In my country we have a right wing party which regularely gets 5% more than anticipated, because people dont like to confess to pollster to voting this party. By now this FPö-effect has been the subject of many studies and is more or less integrated into polls. Maybe you need something similar for trumpism.

Who the fuck dares to write election pollster in their CV next week after this shitshow?
    Then again, people lied so much these past few elections, you need to feel sorry for data analysts.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Latinos are all over him for some reason.
    Machismo/bravado. Latin American cultural fetishization of being a strong manly man? Best I can think of.

I know some Latin Americans are realllllllllllllly anti-immigration. Of the school of "I got mine, so fuck you."

Ah shit this is really bad news, out of all of the states left, Nevada was favored the most to go to Biden, but his lead is shrinking there. If Trump wins Nevada I think it's likely he picks up the rust belt (Michigan, Wisconsin, PA) and wins even if Georgia or NC goes to Biden.

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/s...05441747800066
    Washoe added some ballots, Biden's lead down just under 10K there. Statewide lead is at 25,000. That Clark update of 80K ballots is going to be big. Dems will be holding their breath the next hour or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't even matter anymore who gets the remaining votes. Trump already proclaimed he won, so for his cult he has won. Everything else will be fakenews. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel like this country is basically fucked no matter who wins.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I feel like this country is basically fucked no matter who wins.
    Even a Senate tie seems hard to almost impossible at this point? How the fuck is Collins defending?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Who the fuck dares to write election pollster in their CV next week after this shitshow?
    Then again, people lied so much these past few elections, you need to feel sorry for data analysts.
    Well I imagine if they write "Trafalgar's election pollster" it would fly fine.

Remember just yesterday their big boy on CNN yesterday and saying that people are full of shit and you have to poll according to that reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even a Senate tie seems hard to almost impossible at this point? How the fuck is Collins defending?
    The same way Mitch McConnell won. Some people will defend the lowest pond scum if they're on the same team.

Remember how adamantly Roy Moore supporters were quick to be OK with him being a pedophile because that was better than being a Democrat?
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Republicans rally behind any Republican and the left consumes itself. Its really that simple
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    The same way Mitch McConnell won. Some people will defend the lowest pond scum if they're on the same team.
    Yeah, it's a little crazy. You would have assumed the Republicans would have, you know, grown a backbone instead of capitulating to Trump's attacks on their government.

Sort of makes me think of the Cold War slogan "better dead than red"; better to die than to accept the ideals of your enemy.
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2020-11-04 at 09:01 AM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Minorities who didn't vote should be very concerned about a Biden loss.

You won't be advocated for if you don't help put those in office who would advocate for you.

The Republicans don't care about minorities.

We should be very concerned about the Democrats taking their foot off of that gas pedal.

- - - Updated - - -

Very disappointed in my fellow minorities for not voting in overwhelming numbers. If we don't participate in the process they won't help us. Shame
    RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Imagine all the Americans that went to sleep comfortable in the thought of a Democrat win, to wake up to the resurgence of this nightmare.

Hilarious.... sad, but funny
    There are Americans who don't remember 2016?

How did McConnell win? Did you see those debates? He just sat there and laughed half the time. Then again I was pretty sure his seat would never go blue so the only way to unseat him is a primary loss.

I am deeply disapointed in America but ultimatly not suprised if trump wins this.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just can't get that speech out of my head. Trump standing there openly claiming the election is rigged before stating he will attempt to cheat, break the constitution, and those rich cunts in the audience giving him a standing ovation for it. Just what the fuck is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    There's a huge possibility that this race may end up being tied. If Biden wins PA, WI he'll be at 268. That means if Trump wins Michigan, NC, Georgia, and Alaska he'll be at 263. IF Nevada goes to Biden then Biden can win with just PA and WI.
    A tie can mean Trump wins though. I misread it initially thinking it was a vote in the actual house for president and vote in senate for VP which would mean Biden Pence, but it's each state gets 1 delegate which means 26 votes wins and if he simply won more states the delegate will probably vote for him. VP would be straight up senate vote. It's really weird. I don't see any third parties picking up EC votes so that's the only real scenario I could see it because if neither hit 270 same thing happens as if it were a tie.

Frankly, if Trump wins, I think the idea of American Exceptionalism, and America as leader of the free world dies.

EU should/would need to isolate and freeze out American in all sorts of institutions of power, because a Trump America running unfettered through these institutions could potentially, literally cause a 3rd World War.

China and Russia will cement their recent power on the global stage as the EU will be forced to engage with them because they can no longer rely on the U.S.

And then we're all fucked.

From a domestic point of view as a Democrat - part of me thinks about taking the accelerationist stance not because I want to or think it was the best option.....but because it might be our only viable option left. If we thought Trump was bad this first term, I cannot imagine how much worse he will be in a 2nd. The bigger part of me recognizes that will cause a lot of harm to very vulnerable populations in this country. I don't know. I've been a progressive all my life, but to quote LOTR: "How do men fight against such reckless hate?"

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    How did McConnell win? Did you see those debates? He just sat there and laughed half the time. Then again I was pretty sure his seat would never go blue so the only way to unseat him is a primary loss.
    A glass of water with an R next to them would have won mitchs seat. Hell in the south a pedophile nearly won because many republicans have "better to be a kid fucker than a Democrat." view point.