Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    And the whiners win....lmao I don't even multibox but the bitching from the non boxers was hilariously out of whack
    It has had a severe impact on the economy no one can deny that even Blizzard cannot at this point. It makes legitimate farmers get more for their time spent farming as it should be. Allowing people to do that was devaluing everyone's basic farming.

I get that people feel that it will make the game more fair, but for me the only real impact this creates is probably making the consumable costs higher. Then again, I kind of intended not to use raid consumables anymore anyway, so that might help push me to that goal. Overall I'm pretty indifferent about this
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Now let's hope raw material mat collection rate is increased or consumption rate is lowered or the economy is fucked.

Oh no, the economy!
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leggomydairy View Post
    This is like 10 years overdue but I’m glad it’s happening.
    16*

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by locketto View Post
    People are mad at multiboxer who are real people and play the game but are not mad about bots who plays the game 24/24 with 0 effort.
    humanity.
    Let me blow your mind. You can hate multiboxers AND hate botters at the same time. Crazy concept, but I bet if you let it sit and roll around in your brain for a while, you will figure out how it is possible. I imagine the majority of people here are actually more annoyed by the botters than the MBers.

Obviously not how the game was supposed to be played from the start, I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Now let's hope raw material mat collection rate is increased or consumption rate is lowered or the economy is fucked.
    Conversely you can make more gold selling fewer mats, because the price to sell them will have gone up. Which nets more gold for casual players.

Top end things that aren’t easily farmable still sell for a crap ton of gold because they don’t have their constituent parts being deflated in price. So raiders that prosper from selling runs and bring in hundreds of thousands of gold or multiboxers that can sell dirt cheap mats at such a volume so as to still bring in gobs of gold set the prices for those prohibitively high.

This could help bridge that gap.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Conversely you can make more gold selling fewer mats, because the price to sell them will have gone up. Which nets more gold for casual players.

Top end things that aren’t easily farmable still sell for a crap ton of gold because they don’t have their constituent parts being deflated in price. So raiders that prosper from selling runs and bring in hundreds of thousands of gold or multiboxers that can sell dirt cheap mats at such a volume so as to still bring in gobs of gold set the prices for those prohibitively high.

This could help bridge that gap.
    I'm not a producer. I exclusively consume. So I won't be selling anything. I'm screwed unless things change.

Quote Originally Posted by locketto View Post
    The question is slightly wrong:
    It should be How is this gonna stop bot gatherers?
    People are mad at multiboxer who are real people and play the game but are not mad about bots who plays the game 24/24 with 0 effort.
    humanity.

In 2 months these people will be mad for bots if they will be there or for spending 30k golds/evening for raiding
    Oh people are at mad at bots...don't think they aren't. It's just a multiboxer is way more visible because the random bot that you cross is not obvious until he does something "botty" but a train of druids catches the eye instantly.

Anyway the real point of my post was: this policy change affects almost nothing to multibox gatherers. They will continue to use 10 druids because you can easily do it without multiboxing software.

So I'm still a little surprised so many people in this thread are making statements like "the economy" or "I can finally herb" or "let's see herbs/ores prices now"....because from my perspective almost nothing changes for the druid's train.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post
    Oh people are at mad at bots...don't think they aren't. It's just a multiboxer is way more visible because the random bot that you cross is not obvious until he does something "botty" but a train of druids catches the eye instantly.

Anyway the real point of my post was: this policy change affects almost nothing to multibox gatherers. They will continue to use 10 druids because you can easily do it without multiboxing software.

So I'm still a little surprised so many people in this thread are making statements like "the economy" or "I can finally herb" or "let's see herbs/ores prices now"....because from my perspective almost nothing changes for the druid's train.
    Most of people are casuals and they write the 1st thing in their mind and probably 90% of them will not gather anyway even if they need to pay 500gold for a potition.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post

I hate bots, but i think you are also right. Until they do not ban playing with x accounts at the same time for gathering etc. Multi boxing will be a thing. This current change will lower overal botting/multi box. But it will not be tha answer to the problem.

they finally realized multiboxers dont pay for multiple accounts and use tokens instead. so, a far lighter revenue loss

If this was for the economy, then boosters next.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    they finally realized multiboxers dont pay for multiple accounts and use tokens instead. so, a far lighter revenue loss
    ... you have no idea how the tokens work do you ?
    The tokens they buy.. How do you think those end up in the game for them to be able to buy ?
    The tokens are paid for by OTHER PLAYERS. A token cost 20 euro. thats almost double a regular sub. Multiboxers paying with gold make blizzard MORE money, not less

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    If that is the case you've never come across a multiboxer and they're potential.
    On Medivh years ago, I saw ONE guy with 40 horde moonkin druid characters solo raid Stormwind during peak hours and succeed until he got bored and left.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    If this was for the economy, then boosters next.

- - - Updated - - -

... you have no idea how the tokens work do you ?
    The tokens they buy.. How do you think those end up in the game for them to be able to buy ?
    The tokens are paid for by OTHER PLAYERS. A token cost 20 euro. thats almost double a regular sub. Multiboxers paying with gold make blizzard MORE money, not less
    Unless you are Canadian then a sub is 20 bucks month and the tokens are very close in value.

Also the more money people buy from blizzard the more tokens that go into the AH and the cheaper those tokens become for players to buy off the AH.

- It's over, Multiboxkin, we have the high ground.
    - You underestimate our hacking skills.
    - Don't try it.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

My thoughts on the recent policy change

I like it. It eliminates most of the problems I personally have with multiboxers, while still allowing less problematic multiboxers to do their thing.
    It's also a big step in allowing Blizzard to detect botters and eliminate them without having to investigate to see if they are actually multiboxers first, cutting down on chinese gold farmer returns on investment, which should help reduce the botting problem further.

This also should help with wpvp, albeit I rarely wpvp, much less encounter a multiboxer while flagged (Last time was in WOD)
    As to how my profits from netherweave bags and such are affected, we'll see.

It's about time.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Unless you are Canadian then a sub is 20 bucks month and the tokens are very close in value.

Also the more money people buy from blizzard the more tokens that go into the AH and the cheaper those tokens become for players to buy off the AH.
    Not entirely sure what point you are trying to make.... But if you are saying that if more WOW tokens go up on the AH, that somehow results in blizzard making less real life money, you are wrong.

People buy wow tokens from blizzard for a fixed ammount of real life money which is generally more than a 1 month sub. Blizzard makes their money when someone buys 1 of those tokens. The ammount of gold that the token sells for on the AH has zero impact on Blizzard.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2020-11-04 at 06:05 PM.