7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And that is the essential characteristic of the majority of Trump supporters. Willfully voting against their own interests.
    Most people don't pay attention to what is said, but rather who says it.

Take a Trump quote, credit it to Biden and you'll have Biden supporters supporting it and Trump supporters denying it as a good idea.
    We live in a country where people go "I don't need Obamacare, I have the ACA."

People celebrate ignorance regardless of what side you are on.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Much of this conversation should probably be in the election thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Perhaps across the country, but what about within Miami-Dade county? I suspect voting age plays a large roll in it as well.
    Pretty split
    According to the FIU telephone survey of 1,001 Cuban Americans in Miami-Dade, 45 percent favor maintaining the embargo, 44 percent oppose it, and 11 percent said they don’t know or did not provide an answer.
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nat...224189780.html

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Most people don't pay attention to what is said, but rather who says it.

Take a Trump quote, credit it to Biden and you'll have Biden supporters supporting it and Trump supporters denying it as a good idea.
    We live in a country where people go "I don't need Obamacare, I have the ACA."

People celebrate ignorance regardless of what side you are on.
    Agreed. I disagree.

Read this wrong.

However, one point you make is a very scary thing. People celebrate ignorance and deplore facts - and this is not "both sides" - this is Trump's america. Violent. Hateful. Corrupt. Racist. Misogynistic.

How do we overcome that - when the very thing we could use is the one thing they don't want to hear, and certainly won't listen to.
    Last edited by cubby; 2020-11-04 at 09:21 PM.

Donald Trump has more mental fortitude than 99% of humanity. He has been constantly attacked by the combined assault of social media and the mainstream media for the last 4 years. Any normal person would have quit or comitted suicide long ago, and yet here he is. Just ask any person who has even a small amount of exposure, like a youtuber or a streamer. Imagine having a million times more than that, to the point that any time you turn on the TV, people are saying that they hate you and that they want you dead and that you should kill yourself.

Forget 4 year terms. Donald Trump for Emperor for life!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Donald Trump has more mental fortitude than 99% of humanity. He has been constantly attacked by the combined assault of social media and the mainstream media for the last 4 years. Any normal person would have quit or comitted suicide long ago, and yet here he is. Just ask any person who has even a small amount of exposure, like a youtuber or a streamer. Imagine having a million times more than that, to the point that any time you turn on the TV, people are saying that they hate you and that they want you dead and that you should kill yourself.

Any normal person wouldn’t have said or try to do the things he done, the guy clearly has mental issues.
    On a side note, should Donald trump lose the election, where should this thread go to since he would probably not be political anymore

Cheering for the guy that wants to fuck his daughter.

I’m shocked.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2020-11-04 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Any normal person wouldn’t have said or try to do the things he done, the guy clearly has mental issues.
    On a side note, should Donald trump lose the election, where should this thread go to since he would probably not be political anymore
    As an ex-president it will be inherently political. His cult isn't going to simply disappear, as long as he isn't in prison I actually wouldn't be surprised if he just kept campaigning.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    As an ex-president it will be inherently political. His cult isn't going to simply disappear, as long as he isn't in prison I actually wouldn't be surprised if he just kept campaigning.
    It sounds like he might need to just to pay his legal fees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    The shitshow will go into the final act which will be legal in scope.

10+ Year Old Account
    China responds to US arms sale.

China pledged that it would initiate a “proper and necessary response” to the U.S. arms sale to Taiwan announced on Election Day.

Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin said on Wednesday that the planned $600 million drone sale to the autonomous island “brutally interferes in China’s internal affairs and seriously undermines China’s sovereignty and security interests,” The Associated Press reported.

In a message to reporters, Wang called on the U.S. to back out of the deal “so as to avoid further damage to China-U.S. relations and peace and stability in the Taiwan Strait.”

A formal notice sent to Congress on Tuesday showed President Trump’s administration officially supported an agreement to sell Taiwan up to four advanced surveillance drones.

The drone sale became the first approved since Trump officials eased restrictions for such sales in July.

The deal represents the third arms sale to Taipei in three weeks. The State Department said it “serves U.S. national, economic, and security interests by supporting the recipient’s continuing efforts to modernize its armed forces and to maintain a credible defensive capability.”

The administration backed a $2.4 billion sale of Boeing’s Harpoon Coastal Defense System and 400 Harpoon Block II Surface Launched Missiles last week. The sale was announced hours after China declared sanctions on U.S. defense contractors, including Boeing.
    Again, not really taking China's side here. Just pointing out that Trump wants a deal with China and does as much as he can to piss them off.

- - - Updated - - -

The Pentagon had watchdog/IG-style audit to see if there was bias in the ranks.

They have ended it, replacing it with an audit of Trump banning diversity training.

Basically, they're looking for a reason such an order would be issued. If there is no reason, or if the reason doesn't make sense to America's military, out it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Agreed.

And to me that is the scariest thing. People celebrate ignorance and deplore facts - and this is not "both sides" - this is Trump's america. Violent. Hateful. Corrupt. Racist. Misogynistic.

How do we overcome that - when the very thing we could use is the one thing they don't want to hear, and certainly won't listen to.
    How can you agree with that! Don’t you remember that long ass list I posted from a Reddit post of study after study after study showing that the beliefs of democrats don’t shift much (within error margin) while republicans shift sometimes up to fucking 60 points!

Democrats don’t change whether they approve or disapprove of something because of who said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    No wonder you have no idea what you're talking about and never check up on shit before spewing your bullshit in other threads.
    Is it that they have no idea what they're talking about, or do they have an ulterior motive? Seems pretty clear to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Also not surprising that you're pro-incest.
    What's wrong with loving your family?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    How can you agree with that! Don’t you remember that long ass list I posted from a Reddit post of study after study after study showing that the beliefs of democrats don’t shift much (within error margin) while republicans shift sometimes up to fucking 60 points!

Democrats don’t change whether they approve or disapprove of something because of who said it.
    You're right. I read his post incorrectly. I edited my post to reflect that change.

umm Obama did it for 8 years. Hell Trump did it too obama for 8 years.

hell at least no one accused Trump of not being an actual American.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    umm Obama did it for 8 years. Hell Trump did it too obama for 8 years.

hell at least no one accused Trump of not being an actual American.
    Social media and the mainstream press were not united against Obama in a never before seen assault on a single man. At most you had Fox News and Fox was very tame.

At least Obama actually grew up in the US. Can't say the same for Kamala Harris. We have a presidential candidate who has dementia who is probably going to resign so that his vice president who isn't even actually american can become president.

Please avoid misleading information and conspiracy theories in your posts.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2020-11-05 at 12:36 AM.

Social media and the mainstream press were not united against Obama in a never before seen assault on a single man. At most you had Fox News and Fox was very tame.
    And they're still not "united" against anyone now, either. It's Trump that claimed they were the "enemy of the people".

At least Obama actually grew up in the US. Can't say the same for Kamala Harris.
    Harris was born and grew up in the US, I have no idea where this nonsense comes from or why it matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Harris was born and grew up in the US, I have no idea where this nonsense comes from or why it matters.
    She grew up in Canada, from 7 years old to 18 before moving to DC to go to college.

- - - Updated - - -

the sovereign of america should be american not canadian

She grew up in Canada, from 7 years old to 18 before moving to DC to go to college.

- - - Updated - - -

the sovereign of america should be american not canadian
    She was born in the US, that's all that's required. Get this racist bullshit outta here.