Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Whats with all this signing ballots stuff and checking signatures...is that why this is taking so long?
    Yea it's that and making sure they haven't already had a vote counted for them and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    no idea on PA and NC
    NC will report in 9 days once the deadline for mail-in ballots has passed.

Holy crap PA counts so slow.

There's like 800k remaining absentee ballots in PA.

This contest isn't in question, just call it networks.

Biden will win GA by 5k or thereabouts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    So Biden IS gonna win.

Gonna be interesting how ole donny takes it haha.
    He won't take it well at all, if he loses.

Being president is all that stands between him and a whole bunch of overdue legal consequences to his crimes. He'll act out bad, only thing if he loses that remains to be seen is how in the few weeks left until 21th Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    It's part of that...you know...whole "making sure there continues to be as little voter fraud/error as usual" thing that people constantly have to remind Republicans is actual reality.

...where have you been for the past 4 years? This is the same Trump who wanted to sue people for saying mean things about him (aka, factual reporting on the stupid shit he says constantly).
    Hu.

We just issue 1 poll csrd to every eligable voter that you hand in at the station to get a slip, we have 100% strict anon voting, making any identifong marks ln a ballot is illegal here, its even illegal to tell people who you voted for or discuss anything politics in or around a polling station.

Makes things alot quicker.

I wonder if Nixon would have stepped down when his wrongdoing was uncovered, had he been active in today's political climate. Well...I guess that would have depended on whether or not he could count on his party to shield him from any and all consequences as they've done with Trump.
    That's exactly it. He stepped down because his party told him they wouldn't shield him.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Being president is all that stands between him and a whole bunch of overdue legal consequences to his crimes. He'll act out bad, only thing if he loses that remains to be seen is how in the few weeks left until 21th Jan.
    I don't know... Whether it's a few months from now or 4 years when he leaves office, I'm not all that optimistic that he'll face any serious repercussions for all his garbage. That's just not how our legal system treats the wealthy/powerful (or those LARPing as wealthy/powerful).

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Yea it's that and making sure they haven't already had a vote counted for them and such.
    Why not just do what the UK does, issue a poll card to each eligable voter by mail, 1 card = 1 vote, then you know exactly how many votes there should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Holy crap PA counts so slow.

There's like 800k remaining absentee ballots in PA.

This contest isn't in question, just call it networks.

Biden will win GA by 5k or thereabouts.
    Apparently Biden is drastically outperforming Hillary in PA. So it seems like barring an unexpected shift in the votes, Biden will win PA and be the next president.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    He won't take it well at all, if he loses.

I get that but what he'll still be an ex president so its not like hes ever going to any kind of normal jail.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    NC will report in 9 days once the deadline for mail-in ballots has passed.
    Oh the deadline to receive them, if postmarked by 11/3.

I have to assume that due to the recent scrutiny they will be expediting the ballots to be counted, no? Should be 3-4 days tops?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/s...75651515949056

Presidential spiritual adviser Paula White is currently leading an impassioned prayer service in an effort to secure Trump's reelection.
    Paula White battles the "demonic confederacies" that are attempting to steal the election from Trump.
    The bards and clerics are trying to save the encounter lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post

For Trump? Who are they praying to?

Did they ensure to draw a pentacle in goat's blood first?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Apparently Biden is drastically outperforming Hillary in PA. So it seems like barring an unexpected shift in the votes, Biden will win PA and be the next president.
    Yeah even in counties that aren't EV.

Its basically mirroring the 10% shift towards Biden in suburbia and overperformance in rurals that happened across the country.

It's part of that...you know...whole "making sure there continues to be as little voter fraud/error as usual" thing that people constantly have to remind Republicans is actual reality.

...where have you been for the past 4 years? This is the same Trump who wanted to sue people for saying mean things about him (aka, factual reporting on the stupid shit he says constantly).
    Yes he wants everyone to love him because he has an ego complex. Thats why he'd rather win in a landslide than it being close.

So obviously its a conspiracy and a recount is needed in his mind.

He claimed he won the major vote last time which wasnt true.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Oh the deadline to receive them, if postmarked by 11/3.

I have to assume that due to the recent scrutiny they will be expediting the ballots to be counted, no? Should be 3-4 days tops?
    I doubt it'll take long to count them, but they've stated that they've reported everything that came in on election day, and will be providing no further results until the mail-in deadline when they will report all the late (but postmarked on-time) arrivals in a single batch.

Why not just do what the UK does, issue a poll card to each eligable voter by mail, 1 card = 1 vote, then you know exactly how many votes there should be.
    Because that costs money and the goal is to disenfranchise people.

Hu.

We just issue 1 poll csrd to every eligable voter that you hand in at the station to get a slip, we have 100% strict anon voting, making any identifong marks ln a ballot is illegal here, its even illegal to tell people who you voted for or discuss anything politics in or around a polling station.

Makes things alot quicker.
    We do that as well, with some differences.

Rather than issued cards, we have voted registration. When you go to the polling place, they find your name on a list, verify you are who you say you are, cross you off, and hand you a ballot. The ballot is 100% anonymous, and no electioneering is allowed in or near polling places. People can wave signs at the street, but that's it.

Where they have to do signature verification is for mail in ballots, because you have to request them and they need to know whose ballot it is, since you can (in most states at least) request a mail ballot, forget to fill it out or not do it in time, and choose to vote in person instead.

The voting cards thing would be fine for in person voting, but I could easily see an issue with mail in ballots as done currently in the us, as you could theoretically harvest voting cards from a number of other people and submit ballots for them, which is illegal.

There's also the possibility I guess of buying voting cards and going to the polls multiple times - either to different polling stations, or the same station on different shifts, so as not to be recognized.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I doubt it'll take long to count them, but they've stated that they've reported everything that came in on election day, and will be providing no further results until the mail-in deadline when they will report all the late (but postmarked on-time) arrivals in a single batch.
    Ah ok. So still a possibility for Biden and Cunningham to flip there, but a longshot and we won't know for a bit.

Presidency should be decided long before then, but it will be important for Senate control.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post

I vaguely remember a joke in the Trump thread about him having terrible dice for saving throws.
    Last edited by Antiganon; 2020-11-05 at 04:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Think when the dust settles, Biden will have won PA by 120-150k votes. Tomorrow by midday this whole thing should be called.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Georgia is now down to 29K.