Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    From CNN

Trump is throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. Problem is, he's full of shit, effectively unlimited ammo cheat code.
    The idea that he's trying to slow/stop counting in Arizona and Nevada, 2 states Biden is currently winning is...well...pretty much exactly what I'd expect from this moron honestly.

From CNN

Trump is throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks. Problem is, he's full of shit, effectively unlimited ammo cheat code.
    That's all trump knows how to do. throw lawyers at all of his problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    The idea that he's trying to slow/stop counting in Arizona and Nevada, 2 states Biden is currently winning is...well...pretty much exactly what I'd expect from this moron honestly.
    I wonder how much of this is Trump's lawyers actually making the decision to act on this thinking it'll actually work, versus them just blindly doing what Trump tells them to do.

I would hope no self-respecting lawyer would think there's any legal jurisprudence to act on here, and instead are just throwing out lawsuits at Trump's behest because it's the only thing he knows how to do when he's in a bind and he's out of ideas.

A veritable "throw out the most bigliest lawsuit at Arizona! Sue them to stop them from counting the ballots! Do it or you lawyers are fired and I'll find new ones!"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Well, Georgia is down to less than a 23k spread but I am off to bed. Hopefully I can wake up and see that Russian Agent Orange Luffa-Faced Shit-Gibbon has lost and the legal system can ramp up for when he doesn't have Barr, Manuchin, and the entire GOP protecting him anymore.

Later.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    That's something indicative of a broader concern. A lot of reactionaries who honestly believe that the Democrats are Communists or child abuse ring leaders.

That guy is nuts, but you can tell he believes what he's saying.

If the corporate entity that is at best centrist that is the Democrats looks like that to a broad cross section of people, you've got a serious and systemic issue that highlights the neglect of education, the failure of media to be held to account (hi Mr Murdoch) and so many other fundamental problems.

I really feel for decent Americans, and for the rest of us, (looking from the outside in) we're looking at the alternatives to US world power and leadership (with all of it's many many deep flaws) and wondering what else there is. At some point, without sweeping change, the alternatives will start to look a lot better.
    I wish dumbass center right Dems would actually pass some things that helps large swathes of the country, to prove to them that the left is the correct mindset for 90% of the country, at least economically.

But no. Being alive is just going to get more expensive year after year, like is has been for decades.

Either suffer economically in ridiculously overpriced cities, or go live outside of them and lose alot of the perks of cities. It doesn't have to be an either or decision. Yet it is.

More details on the first of Trump's (il)legal actions. In Detroit and Philly he's claiming that his poll watchers are being kicked out of the ballot counting process.

-- the Heritage Foundation

-- the mayor of Philadelphia

-- the Michigan AG
    "iver heard" "people are saying" its all so predictably transparent its like there is some kind of playbook for this kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    What is the name of this man, i like him compared to the other people in the show, seems to have a lovely neutral opinion.

Juan Williams has had a lot of calls for him to be fired from militant Trump supporters because he tends to lean more towards the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    "iver heard" "people are saying" its all so predictably transparent its like there is some kind of playbook for this kind of thing.
    Speaking of predictable nonsense, wasn’t trump super butthurt earlier when Fox and others called specifically Arizona “too early?” And now he’s trying to order Barr to drop boots on the ground there and whip up his base into a frenzy?

The heck is he so focused on Arizona for?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Speaking of predictable nonsense, wasn’t trump super butthurt earlier when Fox and others called specifically Arizona “too early?” And now he’s trying to order Barr to drop boots on the ground there and whip up his base into a frenzy?

my guess McCain

It's his best shot at victory, it might be his only path to victory with us knowing nothing from Nevada.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    The conspiracy theories already flowing for this election are insane.

There are literally people claiming AS A FACT that Wisconsin had more voters than registered Voters by using 2018 estimate in 2020 and then when confronted with this fact go "Well, then it is nearly 100% of registered voters voted! That's weird" ignoring that it is less than 300K more votes than 2016 meaning 2016 would have also had a high voter turn out.

It appears that Wisconsin just has a higher than average number of people vote. When people say about 60% of registered voters vote, it implies there can be and could be states with nearly 100% of their voters voting. The misunderstanding of statistics is too high. They are the same people who don't understand how polls work and don't realize the polls in 2016 were correct even though Trump won.
    This is because that dumbass Rush Limbaugh, whom apparently can't leave this world with some grace, started saying it, and people fucking believed him. The Wisconsin voter registration site, debunks him that was updated on November 1st. They were using numbers from 2016 and 2018, not from 3 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    They always look exactly how you imagine them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    my guess McCain
    That thought crossed my mind, but while I know trump is a petty asshole, I honestly don’t expect him to have a memory long enough to execute that sort of... vague... quasi-revenge “ha ha I still won your state”... sort of nonsense.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

There's still the chance that the votes they haven't counted/reported yet go his way enough to give him the state. But I have no idea what they think taking legal action now will change. They should just be waiting for the results like the rest of us, but since when has Trump's administration ever done what they should do?

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post

Is this shit real?
    To be honest, it would not surprise me. Because Trump is OUT OF MONEY, he needs money now to request recounts, to which he will probably lose again. And he is doing it in multiple states, and that also takes lawyers, to which he probably isn't paying either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    It's his best shot at victory, it might be his only path to victory with us knowing nothing from Nevada.
    I think they had yet to call some of the Midwest states for Biden at that point, though. (I could be wrong,) yet it was Arizona his campaign flipped out about. It just seems odd to hammer arizona so specifically.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    So let's look at Trump's tweets, in order:

I will be making a statement tonight. A big WIN!
    <-- just to give a time frame

(blocked by Twitter)
    (blocked by Twitter)
    How come every time they count Mail-In ballot dumps they are so devastating in their percentage and power of destruction?
    WHAT IS THIS ALL ABOUT? (rest blocked by Twitter)
    They are finding Biden votes all over the place — in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan. So bad for our Country!
    (blocked by Twitter)
    Wow! It looks like Michigan has now found the ballots necessary to keep a wonderful young man, John James, out of the U.S. Senate. What a terrible thing is happening!
    We are winning Pennsylvania big, but the PA Secretary of State just announced that there are “Millions of ballots left to be counted.”
    We have claimed, for Electoral Vote purposes, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (which won’t allow legal observers) the State of Georgia, and the State of North Carolina, each one of which has a BIG Trump lead. Additionally, we hereby claim the State of Michigan if, in fact,..... (flagged by Twitter for misinformation
    (part 2 of the above, blocked by Twitter)
    Our lawyers have asked for “meaningful access”, but what good does that do? The damage has already been done to the integrity of our system, and to the Presidential Election itself. This is what should be discussed!
    (two retweets of Breitbart)

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They do get the attention their votes warrant.

Their issue is that they want to be granted equal consideration to urban issues (or more), when they only make up 20% of the population.
    US election isn't decided by population, similarly to how electoral votes are not split by population either. Thus both states and rural areas can have influence beyond their "weight". That is by design. The entire system is balanced around that - and it is so perfectly balanced that in many places margins are razor-thin (as we see in this and last election).

This "perfect balance" is also what makes Democrats listen to minorities - because their vote actually can be critical for them.

What exactly is "equal consideration" anyway?

They have their problems that need to be solved - and thus someone in power paying attention to them. Problems that don't always directly conflict with city-dweller problems.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2020-11-05 at 07:22 AM.

So let's look at Trump's tweets, in order:

<-- just to give a time frame
    hehehe i haven't checked since this morning, love they are still flagging almost all his posts. Seriously jan 20 at 12:01 they're gonna push the ban button my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I fucking hate to have to be the one to say this...

Assuming Biden wins, attempting to prosecute Trump for whatever crimes committed prior Biden's inauguration will be perceived by his base a witch hunt. Considering his base's sheer fanaticism and numbers, combined with his cult of personality attempting to prosecute Trump will likely mobilize Republicans politically for the midterms and 2024, and possibly cause violent retaliation by the violent fringes.

Going after Trump would be a massive tactical and even greater strategic error. The best thing this administration can do for the next 4 years is to COMPLETELY IGNORE Trump. Assuming they can take the Senate in the Midterms and retain the House, they need to pick their fucking battles and focus on fixing the judiciary and winning in 2024, after that we can discuss going after Trump (if he's still alive) and his entire family.

Trying to do anything before that would be phenomenally counter productive.

Prosecuting the Trump's for anything they might do, if they do something shady (which they likely will) after January, that's a different conversation, but even then, the DoJ should steer clear as much as possible from any direct involvement, using state prosecutors.
    Nope, you don't let someone that breaks the law to get away with it, and let them gain more of an advantage and more following. Put him in jail where he belongs after a proper investigation.