Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    I have bad news for you -- keystroke broadcasting software is not necessary for multibox gold making.
    Good luck to any multiboxer clicking each windows.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    I have bad news for you -- keystroke broadcasting software is not necessary for multibox gold making.
    It will severely reduce their effectiveness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    Good luck to any multiboxer clicking each windows.
    Also, any other action similar to the effect of keystroke broadcasting software will most likely also be detected as an bannable offense.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I can't wait to start enjoying farming mats again! Putting on some tunes and spending a few hours gathering is one of my favorite things in the game, one that multiboxers ruined (both through hoarding nodes as well as driving the price down on the AH).
    You're joking right?
    Most of these were bots in the disguise of multiboxing anyway. All this will do is making people use regular bots again. Which is way harder to detect. Now instead of 10 ppl at one node you will have 10 people each on a different node.

There will be less pvp multibox griefing now. But that's about it.

And the auction house will be controlled by bots and people with 100 million of gold who just buy all the rare herbs for massive profit. Sorry but the old days are long gone
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2020-11-05 at 09:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post

Also, any other action similar to the effect of keystroke broadcasting software will most likely also be detected as an bannable offense.
    nonsense. it would mean that mouses with buttons on the side could ban you. no chance in hell.
    one button = one action = one window = allowed
    one button = more than one action or more than one window = not allowed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...sting-software

Something for the average player to celebrate.
    Excellent news.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I can easily afford the equipment but how would I control the pally without ISboxer or some kind of software?

There's other ways as well apparently but I'm not familiar with them.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    nonsense. it would mean that mouses with buttons on the side could ban you. no chance in hell.
    one button = one action = one window = allowed
    one button = more than one action or more than one window = not allowed
    I know. But that will also reduce the effectiveness of multibox farmers severely.

My point was, that people can maybe find other ways to control multiple character simultaneously without keystroke software. But those will probably also be banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

There's other ways as well apparently but I'm not familiar with them.
    This for example, would probably by detected as keystroke software by Blizzards systems.

This for example, would probably by detected as keystroke software by Blizzards systems.
    The focus of the announcement yesterday was prohibiting Input Broadcast Software, no other restrictions have been announced regarding hardware.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...xing/707988/14

No it wouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

My point was, that people can maybe find other ways to control multiple character simultaneously without keystroke software
    You realize, multiboxing existed before the software existed?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

You realize, multiboxing existed before the software existed?
    I do and I also realize that Blizzard have allowed all types of multiboxing for many years now. But apparently they are doing something about it now and I think they will punish every type of multiboxing which they see as damaging for the WoW economy.

If 10 druids are flying around on top of each other, herbing simultaneously, then that will be banned no matter which method they use. That's just my prediction.

- - - Updated - - -

It will practically function similar to keystroke software, so Blizzards systems will probably detect it as such.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wish it was completely over because if so; I'd say: About time!! 15 years too late but better than nothing!

I do and I also realize that Blizzard have allowed all types of multiboxing for many years now. But apparently they are doing something about it now and I think they will punish every type of multiboxing which they see as damaging for the WoW economy.

If 10 druids are flying around on top of each other, herbing simultaneously, then that will be banned no matter which method they use. That's just my prediction.

- - - Updated - - -
    People tend to predict what they want, nothing surprising there.

It will practically function similar to keystroke software, so Blizzards systems will probably detect it as such.
    Again, think as you like. Unless you work for Blizz neither of us knows anything for sure
    My Collection

People tend to predict what they want, nothing surprising there.

Again, think as you like. Unless you work for Blizz neither of us knows anything for sure
    I agree.

But to my knowledge Blizzard can only detect behavior. So if they define the behavior for someone who controls 10 characters simultaneously as keystroke software then they will probably ban them accordingly.

People linking a KVM switch and thinking that you will be able to send a keystroke through it to multiple PCs at once:

Please give me a reference KVM that does that. I am waiting.

To the champion that linked the image from https://www.aten.com/eu/en/resources...-a-kvm-switch/

I dont think you ever used a KVM:
    To switch between the different computers or servers, a user can press a button on the KVM switch, press a hotkey on their keyboard, click on their mouse wheel, or use an on-screen display program.

Basically you still need to keystroke PC1 > click on KVM to change to PC2 > Keystroke to PC2 > click on KVM to change to PC3 > Keystroke to PC3 > REPEAT
    Last edited by psyquest; 2020-11-05 at 10:58 AM.

I agree.

But to my knowledge Blizzard can only detect behavior.
    "While the game is running, Warden uses API function calls to collect data on open programs on the user's computer and sends it back to Blizzard servers as hash values to be compared to those of known cheating programs"

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Warden_(software)
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    People linking a KVM switch and thinking that you will be able to send a keystroke through it to multiple PCs at once:

Please give me a reference KVM that does that. I am waiting.

To the champion that linked the image from https://www.aten.com/eu/en/resources...-a-kvm-switch/

I dont think you ever used a KVM:
    To switch between the different computers or servers, a user can press a button on the KVM switch, press a hotkey on their keyboard, click on their mouse wheel, or use an on-screen display program.

Basically you still need to keystroke PC1 > click on KVM to change to PC2 > Keystroke to PC2 > click on KVM to change to PC3 > Keystroke to PC3 > REPEAT
    KVM is probably being used like people use the word banned when they mean silenced

http://www.vetra.com/844Utext.html

The USB-844-BC "MegaCast"™ USB Keyboard / Mouse Multicaster routes the output of a single USB keyboard or mouse, to as many as four PCs or MAC's simultaneously. Connecting units in series gives up to 10 ports. It is idealy suited for applications requiring simultaneous keyboard or mouse input, such as the testing and administration of multiple PCs. Our low device latency and fast response time provides optimal performance for multiboxing applications on MMORPG's such as World of Warcraft.
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    or is there?

I wonder how you'd have to look like irl to go through such lengths for one casual videogame.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I wonder how you'd have to look like irl to go through such lengths for one casual videogame.
    Some might find it fun
    My Collection

"While the game is running, Warden uses API function calls to collect data on open programs on the user's computer and sends it back to Blizzard servers as hash values to be compared to those of known cheating programs"

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Warden_(software)
    Fair enough.

Repeating is not allowed but making sequential keys will still be possible ex
    1 -> press key A on client 1
    2 -> press key A on client 2
    3 -> press key A on client 3
    4 -> press key A on client 4

Quote Originally Posted by Djaye View Post
    they finally realized multiboxers dont pay for multiple accounts and use tokens instead. so, a far lighter revenue loss
    you are wrong. Years later and you still don't understand how it works.

While a normal months cost 13€ with a debit card, a month paid with tokens is 20€.
    You are not paying the 20€ for the month with your gold, someone else does for you and take your gold.

Every token sold for them is equal to a month paid 20€ instead of 13€

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong, gathering will be less affected by this "softban".
    You can still gather, follow the master with addons (LUA coded), you will only manually (?) (till an addon coded on LUA will come) swap window and press right-click

The big nerf for now (let's see how it evolves) is for stand still farm.

Funny how people are mad for a guy controlling 5 accounts while if they go in an entrance in the right shard for an old dungeon they can see THOUSANDS of bots entering every minute.
    Last edited by locketto; 2020-11-05 at 12:09 PM.