Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't think people realise that while officially they would say they have nothing against multiboxing, they are doing things to stop the automatic control of multiple wow instances at the same time without a user interacting with each instance of wow.

As such, while I admire the steadfast stubborness of some that think it will be business as usual, I can assure you that it is very likely that this is the first salvo. It they need to detect that you are not using a hardware device to send simultaneous messages to many PCs or wow instances, they will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    I don't think people realise that while officially they would say they have nothing against multiboxing, they are doing things to stop the automatic control of multiple wow instances at the same time without a user interacting with each instance of wow.

As such, while I admire the steadfast stubborness of some that think it will be business as usual, I can assure you that it is very likely that this is the first salvo. It they need to detect that you are not using a hardware device to send simultaneous messages to many PCs or wow instances, they will do it.

Actually it seems, since multiboxing is still allowed, they are maybe banning the program cause they can detect bots and manual inputs.
    Last edited by locketto; 2020-11-05 at 12:58 PM.

I could never see how this sort of thing is fun.
    It's like playing a game at being an accountant for a bean counter..

Quote Originally Posted by locketto View Post
    Wrong, gathering will be less affected by this "softban".
    You can still gather, follow the master with addons (LUA coded), you will only manually (?) (till an addon coded on LUA will come) swap window and press right-click

The big nerf for now (let's see how it evolves) is for stand still farm.

Funny how people are mad for a guy controlling 5 accounts while if they go in an entrance in the right shard for an old dungeon they can see THOUSANDS of bots entering every minute.
    If we look at the reason behind Blizzard's decision of banning keystroke software it's partly because the wont to stop the extreme farmers that ruins the WoW economy. This is their goal. So if they see that the farmers continue with other methods afterwards then they will most likely also take action against those methods (software based or not). Because their end goal is to stop the abusive farmers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post

Exactly this. Banning 3rd party software is just the first step. If the in-game abuse of multiboxers continues then they will make further changes to the tos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If we look at the reason behind Blizzard's decision of banning keystroke software it's partly because the wont to stop the extreme farmers that ruins the WoW economy. This is their goal. So if they see that the farmers continue with other methods afterwards then they will most likely also take action against those methods (software based or not). Because their end goal is to stop the abusive farmers.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly this. Banning 3rd party software is just the first step. If the in-game abuse of multiboxers continues then they will make further changes to the tos.
    Wrong again, that is not the reason, bot will farm even more now and they are not afflicted at all from this.
    They could do tons of other ways to reduce the impact of multiboxers and they didn't.

The goal is not to save the economy.
    The big problem for the economy isn't' the multi-box as the majority thinks (Yes I agree that something over8 accounts is even too much) but they are bots.

But the majority of people even here are casual players that are not considering the bigger picture because they never saw whats really happens.

If you run in some dungeon entrances you can find thousands of bots leaving and entering the dungeon every hour, but people are not complaining about them because they can't see them.
    I have news for you, those bots are not using these programs and they will continue, one more news since they will have less competition they will increase in number in open-world farm.

If as you say the goal is to stop the abused farm they can just set a cap of times you can loot for every account every hour but as told to you this is not their goal.

Is fun to me to see /who the bot or /who iron docks or /who dozens of other locations and to find no one complaining about them because they are blind.

3 months old screen

You guys are so wrong about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You've never seen the packs of druids farming in random zones in retail?
    Oh gosh those were the worse, they just made doing professions so much harder, especially herbing, and serious AH competition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Folks, calm down, the market doesn't need the help of multiboxers for prices to be tanked. All it takes is one dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    I agree.

But to my knowledge Blizzard can only detect behavior. So if they define the behavior for someone who controls 10 characters simultaneously as keystroke software then they will probably ban them accordingly.
    Nope they have been able to detect non player inputs for a very long time.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Beloren View Post
    Oh gosh those were the worse, they just made doing professions so much harder, especially herbing, and serious AH competition.
    Again, the gathering will be the less afflicted professions from this.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...sting-software

Something for the average player to celebrate.
    I belive that when I see it.
    You could see the same people using farming bots for years without Blizzard doing anything. I doubt they will care much about multiboxers.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I wonder how you'd have to look like irl to go through such lengths for one casual videogame.
    you can't pull this off on your moms creditcard, so they'd look like people with a good job.

Maybe they will just give these whales a 10x damage and 10x resource gathering buff as something you can buy in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Honestly super hecking sad to see it go.
    Multi-boxing is super cool.

But as always, some people just ruin it for the rest of them.

(foot note, i have never actually multi boxed, but i did try dual boxing for a week and it was really, really cool nearly 98% of it was in instances)
    What is cool about it? I can only think of cheating when i think of multiboxing. Making things faster than intended - like leveling for boosts. Farming things faster than intended - like herbing for gold / selling. Oneshotting ppl in pvp with perfectly aligned attacks that a group of actual people would not be able to do.
    What am i missing? I mean i dont think anyone multiboxes just to prance around in mount parades?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    they'd look like people with a good job.
    Multiboxers confirmed, all look like Bobby Kotick lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

you can't pull this off on your moms creditcard, so they'd look like people with a good job.
    Riiiight, there's nothing like a good session of multiboxing on WoW after a hard day of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Riiiight, there's nothing like a good session of multiboxing on WoW after a hard day of work.
    saw some documentary style video on some multiboxer who had like 30 accounts.

was just some norwegian dude with a decent job, explaining how spending a grand a month orso on it wasn't a big financial deal. think he was a programmer or something as the dayjob.

don't see how its any different from a good session of regular wow after a hard days work.

saw some documentary style video on some multiboxer who had like 30 accounts.
    I see your 30 and raise you 80!

https://www.twitch.tv/preparedwow
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    I see your 30 and raise you 80!

https://www.twitch.tv/preparedwow
    I'm so glad this guy is no longer able to operate wow. He will quit 100%, he can't handle the game with just one character he is a truly terrible player with an ego that rivals trumps.

Imagine making even just 30 separate accounts, like go do something better with your time...

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    What is cool about it? I can only think of cheating when i think of multiboxing. Making things faster than intended - like leveling for boosts. Farming things faster than intended - like herbing for gold / selling. Oneshotting ppl in pvp with perfectly aligned attacks that a group of actual people would not be able to do.
    What am i missing? I mean i dont think anyone multiboxes just to prance around in mount parades?
    What are you missing? Aside from the fact that multiboxing isn't cheating even if you want it to be cheating? Probably a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Folks, calm down, the market doesn't need the help of multiboxers for prices to be tanked. All it takes is one dumbass
    Except prices are unlikely to "tank".

If anything, supply will go down because there are less toons collecting mats, while demand stays stable (since nearly all of the mat requirements for crafting in SL were increased *after* the change effecting multiboxerswas announced). When that happens, greedy fucks will drive prices up, because that's what greedy fucks do.