Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    - Classic TBC announcement + release window (second half of 2021 likely)
    - Info on WoW 9.1
    - Info on Diablo IV/Overwatch 2 development, probably no release windows yet
    - Hearthstone stuff
    - Diablo Immortal info + release date/window
    - Probably some kind of "look guys we fixed Warcraft III Reforged, go buy it!"
    - Maybe some new mobile game announced?
    This sounds very reasonable

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Many people expect 9.1 reveal, but it would be bad thing. Even 8.1 was revealed earlier (other story that PTR was really long).

They should reveal 9.1 on mid to late January with PTR starting soon after that. Blizzcon as usual reserved for 9.1.5+9.2 news.

TBC announcement for sure, would like some diablo 4 stuff too.
    Do you hear the voices too?

TBC announcement

9.1 reveal

more D4/Immortal info

HS stuff

maybe something about WC3 Reforged

stuff about OW2

so usual stuff besides TBC ofc

WoW is gonna have the preview of the next big content patch
    Overwatch 2, diablo immortal and maybe diablo 4 alphas announced.
    HS probably getting a new expansion update
    Maybe talk about what's next for Starcraft?
    Probably another hero review at Hots?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Many people expect 9.1 reveal, but it would be bad thing. Even 8.1 was revealed earlier (other story that PTR was really long).

They should reveal 9.1 on mid to late January with PTR starting soon after that. Blizzcon as usual reserved for 9.1.5+9.2 news.
    Everything is going to be delayed regardless, don't hold on to the timelines of past years, add another 4 weeks to it.

I wish they'd add tmog to classic (not to use but like I can gain the deleted models for retail) So I can get my damn gaunlets of divinity back

Pet Battle on Mobile. Its the easiest thing to start with when it comes to mobile, and I bet micro transactions there is going to fit the bill nicely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since February 2021 is in the month of 30 years of Blizzard, there should be something for everyone who still plays the games.

I assume some there will be:
    - some WoW stuff about new patches / TBC or whatever for retail and classic
    - something on Diablo Immortal and D4
    - probably news on Overwatch 2 and Heathstone
    - don't know about HotS

Wasn't there some speculations about a new Starcraft after the Fireside chat-video with J. Allen Brack which he ended with 'En Taro Adun'? For me it didn't make sense, since I don't play Starcraft, but someone pointed it out and that it could be a hint of some sorts.

Who knows, maybe even something totally different and new.

Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Something tells me we are going to hear about things along the lines of:

- Retail becomes the central game version where players convene. Retail achievements are linked to classic game versions, so any achievement that only exists on a classic version will be added to the retail version upon completion. This would help keep classic versions alive and consolidate all players on retail.
    - All previous WoW expansions are planned for release on a single layered server per expansion per server type per region for better management and consolidation of players - all phases of a given expansion are released within one year giving players one new-old-expansion every year.
    - Retail gives quests to complete achievements on classic versions for a remastered version of the classic gear sets/mounts...etc. Instead of scaling old content to max level on retail, this is the approach that is likely to be chosen. Old gear sets obtainable only from the BMAH remain exclusive to it and won’t compete with the new high quality remakes of the same gear designs.
    - Pet battles are available on the mobile app, both dungeons and PvP battles.
    That classic prediction seems a bit ridiculous, no offense.
    And do we even know if they're planning to do a classic: TBC for certain?
    Almost all TBC content is still available in the main game after all, unlike the very different world of vanilla.

Personally i expect more along the line of your last speculation: more focus on mobile.

Also i expect that they'll want to continue increasing their community engagement, so perhaps something that will allow the playerbase to tweak with the game on their own. Maybe something like customisable pvp battles in a lobby system or something.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm guessing three things.

1. 9.1 reveal

2. TBC Classic reveal

3. D4 releasing 2021.
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Seems plausible.
    I'll also add:

4. Diablo Immortal launch

5. Overwatch 2.0 update and launch date

6. Hearthstone update

and if we are very lucky, though I have huge doubts, perhaps a teaser for a new project.
    These two seem to be the most plausible than OP's wishes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Your first 3 points sound horrible.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    Actually I wouldnt get pissed if they linked classic gear to retail. But I dont think they would make that possible, because BMAH t3 stuff would become so utterly useless. and that really would make people pissed.

Well, personally I'd play for Hand of Adal, because for some reason I just forgot to pick up the last vial and turn it in... Still have flashbacks from that time. Or Champion of Ulduar, where I had to kill only yoggsaron to get that achi (sad stuff). Or Immortal... Yeah, I would just repeat all WOTLK Stuff to get titles I'd like to see. The best time I guess for cool titles farming (the Chosen from the Legion is the best tho).
    Arrrrghh thanks for reminding me of titles I lost when I moved from a US account to an EU one! < weeps >

It's bad enough whenever I click on Titles and my brain goes "Aren't some missing?" but at least I wasn't remembering which ones they were... (I don't think I had Immortal but I had Hand of Adal and Champion of Ulduar IIRC).

Re: Blizzcon, I don't expect a whole lot of WoW news, probably just some discussion of how SL was designed, some cool concept art, and hints about 9.2/9.3, and maybe just some single super-obscure single-image hint re: the next expansion (probably something inscrutable like a close-up of a moss-covered arm of a stone throne or something).

I do expect a ton of attempted Diablo 4 hype. I am kind of weirdly unhyped about it ATM. Not because it looks bad. It looks good, and D3 was ultimately good (if poorly-supported by Blizzard standards, after the re-work), but I just don't really see how it's going to be better than Path of Exile, especially Path of Exile 2, which will likely beat it to launch, and all the new stuff for it just makes it sound like the sort of "MMO version of Diablo 2" that people envisioned back in 2001/2. Just hoping it's a really good ARPG with a ton of style right now. We're no longer seriously lacking for those though, unlike in the D3 era.

Hoping we hear about at least one new IP/game.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

7+ Year Old Account
    Overwatch 3 is announced, don't worry, content will be developed for 1,2 and 3 so you can loot box everything

Diablo 4, probably a "deep dive" on systems

Shadowlands 9.1 preview where no further character customization will be shown

Another Hearthstone expansion or something

Eulogy for Heroes of the Storm
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All I really want is an Overwatch 2 Q1 2021 release.

- - - Updated - - -

You bring up a very good point. Classic servers will be deserted with no incentives especially once you start having multiple expansions running separately.
    My gut tells me that OW2 is gonna be 2022. We've gotten far more detail for D4, so I'm more optimistic on that coming Fall 2021.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I feel out of the loop.

What exactly is happening in february? Earnings call? Was Blizzcon moved to this date? What's going on?

- Retail becomes the central game version where players convene. Retail achievements are linked to classic game versions, so any achievement that only exists on a classic version will be added to the retail version upon completion. This would help keep classic versions alive and consolidate all players on retail.
    This is a horrible idea and will piss people off on both sides of the divide.

Classic should stay classic. Classic exists in retail, it was called Vanilla, then 15 years worth of gaming happened.

The whole "do stuff in classic for rewards in retail" could be interesting, but classic is so boring, time consuming, and easy - that it's not really worth the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I feel out of the loop.

What exactly is happening in february? Earnings call? Was Blizzcon moved to this date? What's going on?
    Blizzconline they're calling it.
    Mods are too busy to be bothered with moderation...but still post nonsense in threads.

Please do not contact me about moderation - Reach out to another member.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I feel out of the loop.

Basically they're gonna do the panels from the cancelled Blizzcon this year but as a livestream.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I would say they will take advantage of the lack of a crowd to announce a bunch of "controversial" products, namely multiple IP's moving to mobile.

Connecting Classic to Retail in terms of achievments would however break their previous word, they shot that idea down in the months leading to Classic so "people play Classic for Classic".

Also, kinda shitty to pull that out of their hats now, after AQ opening is done on every server.

Not to mention that it would kinda devalue a lot of those removed items.
    Imagine how common the ZA bear will get if they link TBC Classic to Retail servers.

- All previous WoW expansions are planned for release on a single layered server per expansion per server type per region for better management and consolidation of players - all phases of a given expansion are released within one year giving players one new-old-expansion every year.
    - Retail gives quests to complete achievements on classic versions for a remastered version of the classic gear sets/mounts...etc. Instead of scaling old content to max level on retail, this is the approach that is likely to be chosen. Old gear sets obtainable only from the BMAH remain exclusive to it and won’t compete with the new high quality remakes of the same gear designs.
    - Pet battles are available on the mobile app, both dungeons and PvP battles.
    All of these sounds awful and pointless.

I don't expect anything from Blizzconline for WoW. Maybe preview of 9.1? They'll probably show some Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 stuff.