Headset Suggestions

After going through my 2nd Corsair Void Pro headset due to it just not wanting to charge anymore after ~6 months of use both times, I've decided its time for a headset upgrade. My girlfriend and I were looking into headsets as a christmas present for me, going for purchase on black friday for a discount. Was looking at the Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless. It seems to be a solid choice from what reviews I see. Was wanting to know if anyone has this headset, and can recommend it, or if we should be looking at different options. I've never owned a Steelseries product so I'm not sure how good they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it need to be wireless?
    Does it need to have a microphone?
    What is the budget?

15+ Year Old Account
    Be careful with the Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless. I bought one after all the good reviews, only to find it didn't fit on my head properly (inb4 big head jokes etc etc). If you can, definitely go to a store and test if it fits on your head first, comfortably.

If you're willing to spend, I'd also recommend the EPOS/Sennheiser GSP 670. Not had any issues with it so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Be careful with the Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless. I bought one after all the good reviews, only to find it didn't fit on my head properly (inb4 big head jokes etc etc). If you can, definitely go to a store and test if it fits on your head first, comfortably.
    I my experience reviews are often screened before going live. Give a bad review and it simply won't appear.

I've been using the Arctis Pro Wireless for a while now and loving them. Audio is great, battery life is good and with 2 included batteries, super easy to quickly swap out. I can also walk around my entire apartment without losing connection. I definitely recommend it.

EDIT: As per above, I also heard about issues with comfort and fit, but I personally have not had any issues and find them very comfortable, although coming from a Siberia 350 headset, the different shape of the Arctis took some getting used to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also have the Arctis Pro Wireless, its pretty nice, and yeah, big fan of the two batteries. It also works decently on bluetooth if needed, obviously you don't pay that price tag to use it regularly with bluetooth, its just a nice extra function to make it more versatile.
    /s

Arctis Pro is great if you are not big about music. If you are that's not a headset for you.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Does it need to be wireless?
    Does it need to have a microphone?
    What is the budget?
    Id say $350 max budget and yes with a microphone and yes wireless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I've had better luck with just getting good headphones and a mic separately, instead of a headset. I went through all kinds of headsets before someone gave me that advice, and it was great advice.

I ended up with a pair of Sennheiser HD598 headphones and a Modmic in....something like 2016. Still using that today, and I've had almost zero problems with it. The only issue I've had with the headphones is that the little foam padding eventually peeled off the headband part (easily fixed with some off-brand repair kit I got off Amazon...cost me something like 15 bucks and 5 minutes of my time). Other than that...the headphones have worked great, and none of my friends on Discord have ever complained about the mic.

Although my setup isn't wireless. There's a cable for the mic, a cable for the headphones, and the headphones comes with one of those little adapters because the connector is otherwise too big to plug into an audio port. The Modmic came with little clips to help manage the cabling, but there's still a lot of it. That doesn't bother me because I have wires everywhere and don't really care, but it might be a deal breaker for some.

And the HD598's have been around a few years, so I'm sure there's probably some better version available now. And the whole setup cost me something like $200 at the time I bought it (around $150 for the headphones and $50 for the Modmic). Either way, I'm happy enough with it that I'm convinced never to buy a headset again and will always be going for separate headphones and mic. The HD598 headphones are the only Sennheiser product I've ever owned, but if their other stuff is similar quality, I'd feel pretty comfortable recommending the brand in general.
    Im not a big fan of extra wires hanging about. I have a puppy who likes to chew on everything in sight. So wireless all in one is what I need.

I have a hyperx cloud alpha and i live it, esp when i switch to playing my ps4 or switch.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    I've been using the Arctis Pro Wireless for a while now and loving them. Audio is great, battery life is good and with 2 included batteries, super easy to quickly swap out. I can also walk around my entire apartment without losing connection. I definitely recommend it.

EDIT: As per above, I also heard about issues with comfort and fit, but I personally have not had any issues and find them very comfortable, although coming from a Siberia 350 headset, the different shape of the Arctis took some getting used to.
    Yeah, I gave mine to my Dad and it fits his head fine, guess I just have a weird shaped head :V It's a decent headset for sure, I'd have kept it if it actually had fit.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I also have the Arctis Pro Wireless, its pretty nice, and yeah, big fan of the two batteries. It also works decently on bluetooth if needed, obviously you don't pay that price tag to use it regularly with bluetooth, its just a nice extra function to make it more versatile.
    I can agree with this. I didn't think I would get any use out of the bluetooth function but I've been using it a ton.

I can only suggest what NOT to buy: any wireless logitech...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    i second this advice

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    I my experience reviews are often screened before going live. Give a bad review and it simply won't appear.
    I think that's very much true by the way. I too believe "ratings" are heavily controlled. Much more than people tend to suspect.

Last year I was tracking PS4's price in one of the biggest and most famous/prestigious Bulgarian online shops. Was waiting for the Black Friday to pick a piece. Surprisingly enough, the price went up with 20% 10 days before BF, and the PS4 got 20% BF discount. I tried to write a review on an external website, that in fact never got published (I tracked it for maybe a month or so). Freaking cunts, all of them...

Another example are my headphones: G935. When I was buying them a few months back, I researched for hours and barely found any bad feedback on them. They were also always in top 10 suggested on all the different lists I managed to dig up. But today I want to strangle somebody, as my 170 euro headphones just randomly disconnect during use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    I have a hyperx cloud alpha and i live it, esp when i switch to playing my ps4 or switch.
    I've had two hyperx headsets and I've been happy with both so far

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    i second this advice
    I third this advice. I bought an expensive logitech wireless headset that kept losing connection every 15-20 minutes. Returned it after 3 days, piece of junk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Arctis Pro is great if you are not big about music. If you are that's not a headset for you.
    I've yet to find the best of both worlds for this really. Ideally for music one should have dedicated headphones because gaming sound and music are so different. It all depends on how much of an audiophile we're talking about though since some don't even care/notice.

Razer Nari Ultimate is a great headset, you can adjust everything individuaally. The surround sound and Bass are incredible. I tried many different brands at a convention and found they lacked in one department or another, the razer headset has great battery life too, easily get 3-5 days playing 8 hours a day atleast.