Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Will check the video later. As for the math, it makes sense. Doing 10-pulls is fine at the beginning, but if you're nearing the pity roll, you don't want to "waste" gems for a guaranteed roll you're very likely to get anyway.
    The thing is. If you do a 10x roll you can scruv yourself over a lot. (after 75)
    If you get pass the 81 with this, your chances go down.

- - - Updated - - -

English dub:

Will check the video later. As for the math, it makes sense. Doing 10-pulls is fine at the beginning, but if you're nearing the pity roll, you don't want to "waste" gems for a guaranteed roll you're very likely to get anyway.
    You don't waste pulls though. Unless you don't want another 4* / 5* from that banner.
    So I honestly don't see the point, but I guess it doesn't matter much either way.
    And the chance of getting a 5* (that you want) and a Banner 4*(that you don't want) is pretty low from just 10 pulls.

The pulls carry over. What does it matter if you got the 5* on the first pull and then 9 3*.
    The next time you pull on that banner-type. you start at 9/180
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-11-05 at 02:59 PM.

Wait...is Childe going to be the next banner? I thought it was supposed to be Zhongli?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Wait...is Childe going to be the next banner? I thought it was supposed to be Zhongli?
    Zhongli does not have a banner on the road map yet. The next banner isn't supposed to be Childe, either.

Edit: It appears the site I was using for info had updated their road map and now shows it's a Childe/Xhongli banner!

Klee, Xingqiu, Noelle, Xiangling - October 18th - November 7th
    Xiao, Xingqui - November 7th - 27th
    Zhongli, Childe - November 11th
    QiQi - November 27th - December 17th
    Keqing, Mona, QiQi (Acquainted Fates) - December 17th - January 16th
    Mona - January 16th - February 5th

https://progameguides.com/genshin-im...banner-coming/

10+ Year Old Account
    They were both announced at the same time with no indication as to which was first until Tuesday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Zhongli does not have a banner on the road map yet. The next banner isn't supposed to be Childe, either.

Edit: It appears the site I was using for info had updated their road map and now shows it's a Childe/Xhongli banner!

Klee, Xingqiu, Noelle, Xiangling - October 18th - November 7th
    Xiao, Xingqui - November 7th - 27th
    Zhongli, Childe - November 11th
    QiQi - November 27th - December 17th
    Keqing, Mona, QiQi (Acquainted Fates) - December 17th - January 16th
    Mona - January 16th - February 5th

https://progameguides.com/genshin-im...banner-coming/
    Ooh, Qiqi on November 27th..
    Guess I'm saving my rolls for that.

Or maybe I'll roll on the Xiao one, but I really don't want Xingqui.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Ooh, Qiqi on November 27th..
    Guess I'm saving my rolls for that.

Or maybe I'll roll on the Xiao one, but I really don't want Xingqui.
    I dont think those news are right. The banner will come out to soon before even klee ones expires. (araund 9.11.2020)

But then refinement will be a problem, am i right? Where can i find weapon duplicates?
    Well, it would be hard to get duplicates of 4* weapons to begin with so I don't think it really matters.

Yeah, it is. For me it's literally perfect as i can keep up with Genshin and play other games in my limited free time. I don't get why it's absolutely needed for many people (not targeting you now) to do everything in the shortest time possible and crunch every game to jump on the new one. If you think players are wrong to enjoy then"crappy story", then you're just taking the wrong approach.

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. You just want to "get it all done and move on" imho. Which is what the game is exactly to oppose to and make you spend money on

EDIT: probably gonna cave in and get the 10$ pass. In the end, i'm just BP30 but i basically never did the 150 daily resin mission and a lot of the weeklies, so i think that with just a little more focus on it (and the 1.1 changes) getting BP50 will be cakewalk.
    It's not that i feel the need to get everything done asap because I just want things handed to me immediately (like some people here think that's what it is). It's because the daily stuff is not fun so if I can skip it or shorten it, I will. There's a lot of people who just login, do dailies, and then log out. How is that fun?

- - - Updated - - -

But then refinement will be a problem, am i right? Where can i find weapon duplicates?
    You shouldn't worry about refinements imo. That's just too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I dont think those news are right. The banner will come out to soon before even klee ones expires. (araund 9.11.2020)
    They might not be news, but it's the first time I've seen the schedule.
    I want me that Qiqi though.

If I can get her and the 2 data mined lolis, then I'll have a full loli set. Screw the meta, stack lolis

10+ Year Old Account
    They might not be news, but it's the first time I've seen the schedule.
    I want me that Qiqi though.

If I can get her and the 2 data mined lolis, then I'll have a full loli set. Screw the meta, stack lolis
    That banner with that has Qiqi on it is only for the permanent banner, so it'd replace the one that has Jean and Diluc. There supposedly aren't any actual changes to that banner as it doesn't include rate ups and has everything in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    That banner with that has Qiqi on it is only for the permanent banner, so it'd replace the one that has Jean and Diluc. There supposedly aren't any actual changes to that banner as it doesn't include rate ups and has everything in it.
    But wouldn't that be the Keqing/Mona/Qiqi one? That's the one marked with acquainted fate.

As a F2P player how important are Constellations in building an effective team? It seems like a lot of the potential for making a character good is from Constellations. But in order to get them (and max them out) you have to have the luck of the gods. Especially for some of the rare ones.

Are there any characters where the Constellations aren't a factor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    As a F2P player how important are Constellations in building an effective team? It seems like a lot of the potential for making a character good is from Constellations. But in order to get them (and max them out) you have to have the luck of the gods. Especially for some of the rare ones.

Traveler you get max constellations as you play the game

But really, just play whatever you want. All characters are reasonably competent even at 0 constellation. Unless you're struggling at Abyss 10+, you don't need to worry about that

10+ Year Old Account
    But wouldn't that be the Keqing/Mona/Qiqi one? That's the one marked with acquainted fate.
    Oh, you be right. We'll have to wait and see. Qiqi is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Constellations just make weaker characters a bit more viable, and already good characters even greater. I wouldn't worry too much about it. With how RNG tends to go, you're more likely to get duplicates for the characters you aren't currently using, or don't want to use, anyway.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    Oh, you be right. We'll have to wait and see. Qiqi is awesome.
    She's cute as heck.
    And also a cryo character, which I want.

But really, just play whatever you want. All characters are reasonably competent even at 0 constellation. Unless you're struggling at Abyss 10+, you don't need to worry about that
    I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Constellations just make weaker characters a bit more viable, and already good characters even greater. I wouldn't worry too much about it. With how RNG tends to go, you're more likely to get duplicates for the characters you aren't currently using, or don't want to use, anyway.
    Thanks guys.

does anyone have the 6th constellation star on the traveler, both elements ?
    I'm AR 39, and I'm missing the last star for both geo & anemo, and the few AR levels rewards I can see don't show anymore... maybe with the geo archon story part 3 with the patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeenith View Post
    does anyone have the 6th constellation star on the traveler, both elements ?
    I'm AR 39, and I'm missing the last star for both geo & anemo, and the few AR levels rewards I can see don't show anymore... maybe with the geo archon story part 3 with the patch?
    Oh yeah, you're stuck on 6th for a while..

AR46 for 7th anemo constellation, I believe it was. No clue about geo. Maybe 51?